PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had travelled with batteries in their check in luggage?

aprilmaejon
18th February 2014, 20:01
Hello everyone,

I have a little bit concern about the amount of batteries we may be allowed to carry in our check in luggage.

I am planning to buy some rechargeable batteries like, 6 pieces of AA, AAA and C batteries for my son's toys and bring them home with me in the Phil on April, but I am not pretty sure if it is allowed or how much is allowed in the check in luggage. I know that there is a limit for carrying a battery in a hand luggage but I'm not very sure with the check in luggage.

We are travelling with Cathay pacific anyway.

:-?

stevewool
18th February 2014, 20:26
not too sure on this but if its in check in i cannot see a problem have you tried their site to see what they say

stevewool
18th February 2014, 20:28
http://www.dragonair.com/ka/en_HK/travel-information/baggage/restricted-items/batteries.html
here you are

marksroomspain
18th February 2014, 20:52
Hello everyone,

I have a little bit concern about the amount of batteries we may be allowed to carry in our check in luggage.

I am planning to buy some rechargeable batteries like, 6 pieces of AA, AAA and C batteries for my son's toys and bring them home with me in the Phil on April, but I am not pretty sure if it is allowed or how much is allowed in the check in luggage. I know that there is a limit for carrying a battery in a hand luggage but I'm not very sure with the check in luggage.

We are travelling with Cathay pacific anyway.

:-?

Normal batteries not a problem its just lithium batteries have certain rules which Steve has already posted.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
18th February 2014, 21:08
I had loads of re-chargeable batteries in my bags last trip. Not a word said.

Slip
18th February 2014, 21:21
In my job at the airport we do 'snag' lithium batteries if they haven't been declared in unaccompanied baggage or cargo... I think you should be fine if you are traveling with the batteries and haven't got a bag full of them!

imagine
19th February 2014, 14:44
I believe its suggested that if taking batteries ... they must be either in packaging unopened or if opened taped over both negative and positive side with masking tape or something suitable,
I use re chargable batteries , travelled with them both in my carry on luggage and my cargo hold luggage never had any problem

aprilmaejon
20th February 2014, 20:25
Thanks to all of your response guys... All the batteries that I'm bringing with me are not lithium and all new and sealed. :-)