PDA

View Full Version : Learning to Drive

deckard97f
19th February 2014, 15:21
HI There,

My wife has been here since 2008 and is now settled she does not have British Citizenship yet.

My question is, as I can't drive due to me having very bad eyesight (astigmatisim) my wife would like to learn.

Does she need citizenship before getting a licence and taking lessons etc

Sorry if it's a stupid question

Cheers

Deck

Dedworth
19th February 2014, 15:27
I'm pretty sure she doesn't need citizenship to get a provisional licence and learn to drive. However why don't you phone the DVLA Telephone: 0300 790 6801 and get it from the horses mouth

Terpe
19th February 2014, 16:20
HI There,

My wife has been here since 2008 and is now settled she does not have British Citizenship yet.

My question is, as i can't drive due to me having very bad eyesight (astigmatisim) my wife would like to learn.

Cheers

Deck

She doesn't need Citizenship at all.
Many newly arrived spouses/partners of our forum members are either already driving around or learning.

Pretty simple to apply.

Arthur Little
20th February 2014, 02:29
HI There,

My question is, as I can't drive due to me having very bad eyesight (astigmatisim) my wife would like to learn.

Cheers

Deck

:nono-1-1:, Deck ... it's a very pertinent question. I have astigmatism too, and don't drive either. :NoNo:

:smile: That's by the by, however ... :anerikke: ... as Terpe has explained, a substantial number of our members' partners have applied for their Provisional Driver's Licence - taken a course of lessons and passed both the Theoretical & Practical Driving Tests since their arrival in the UK - WITHOUT being anywhere near the stage of applying for British Citizenship. :xxgrinning--00xx3: