PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

stevewool
19th February 2014, 20:17
Trying to book our holidays fro the Phils, flying out anytime after December 27th, back Jan 27th.

Ems work told her she has to give lots of notice like 1 year, so that is what we did, we gave notice in weeks ago and just been told that you cant book that far ahead, you can book a holiday that far ahead up to Dec 22nd but not after.

You have to book this coming October from after that date, so let us know then, so what about flights and its a family occasion too, well come back in October and we shall see,

This is crazy but what choices do you have

grahamw48
19th February 2014, 20:22
Change jobs ?

Sound like a right set of :censored:. :NoNo:

Slip
19th February 2014, 20:53
If you want Christmas off at my work you have to give in a holiday slip January 1st! I normally let others fight amongst themselves, as much as I don't want to be there, it's not worth fighting over!

At this moment in time (unless I change shift pattern!) I am off this year for Christmas and Boxing day, but doing a nightshift New Year's Eve!

grahamw48
19th February 2014, 20:56
Reminds me of why I became self-employed.

Terpe
20th February 2014, 15:17
I can understand your frustrations Steve.....I faced similar challenges when working in the civil service.....

Have you considered booking flexible and refundable tickets??
Probably cost a little extra but might be worth it for an important family visit ...

stevewool
20th February 2014, 20:26
like anything in life, at first its horrible news but a day later you have got over it and plan something else, :wink:

Terpe
20th February 2014, 21:19
like anything in life, at first its horrible news but a day later you have got over it and plan something else, :wink:

That's it :Jump:
Onwards and upwards