PDA

View Full Version : TOEIC result listening and reading

Jentobeharrison
26th February 2014, 05:59
Can someone confirm if my score passed? My score in listening is 485 and my score in reading is 445. Total of 930, did I pass the UKBA minimum level?

gladz
26th February 2014, 06:03
Passed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
26th February 2014, 09:39
Jen, you need listening and speaking. Your score in reading won't matter.

Jentobeharrison
26th February 2014, 13:27
The results of my speaking test will be released after 15 days, hope it turns out well! :)

Arthur Little
26th February 2014, 13:51
The results of my speaking test will be released after 15 days, hope it turns out well! :)

:smile: I am pretty confident it will ... especially if you speak as well as you write, Jen.

Good Luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th February 2014, 15:47
Can someone confirm if my score passed? My score in listening is 485 and my score in reading is 445. Total of 930, did I pass the UKBA minimum level?

Here are the minimum Listening and the minimum Speaking scores from TOEIC test for the various CEFR levels:-

A1 = Listening - 60
Speaking - 50

A2 = Listening - 110
Speaking - 90

B1 = Listening - 275
Speaking - 120

B2 = Listening - 400
Speaking - 160

Just as Rayna said, UKBA are only interested in Listening and Speaking scores.
Reading and Writing is not counted.
Overall totals and band averages are also not counted.....only the absolute score for each needed module.

CEFR Level A1 is the minimum needed for UK entry visa requirements
CEFR Level B1 is the minimu needed for applications for ILR and Naturalisation.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Looks like you've done very well so far

Arthur Little
26th February 2014, 15:55
Looks like you've done very well so far

................................... :iagree: ... Congratulations!

Jentobeharrison
26th February 2014, 16:49
Aww now it's clear and will have to bookmark this thread. Anyway, is the "English Test Certificate" requirement from UKBA the same as the scorecard that I received? I mean is it the exact paper that I need to submit? If it's not, how am I going to get the English test certificate?

Also I would like to share about what happened earlier. I met two women there, one is applying for fiancée visa and the other one is for spouse. The woman applying for spouse didn't know that there are such things as certificate of impediment that has to be brought here before they can apply for marriage license. The woman applying for fiancée visa is totally blank about what they're going to submit and what has to be done. I gladly recommended this website for their reference in studying the visa that they're applying to, because personally I had slight difficulties in understanding the UKBA rules on their website too! Haha

So let's expect that there Will be two additional members of our site, hope they will sign up as soon as possible. :) I just texted them haha

Thank you guys :)

Jentobeharrison
7th March 2014, 07:10
Hello guys! I got my speaking test result today and the score is 150 out of 200. My listening score is 485 and my speaking is 150. If I am not mistaken, this is under B1 am I correct? May I know they advantages of having B1 level?

Terpe
7th March 2014, 16:23
Hello guys! I got my speaking test result today and the score is 150 out of 200. My listening score is 485 and my speaking is 150. If I am not mistaken, this is under B1 am I correct? May I know they advantages of having B1 level?

Congratulations Jen :appl:

Those scores of 150 for Speaking and 485 for Listening put you with a B1 level pass. :Jump:

The advantage is that when you're in UK and apply for ILR or British Citizenship you can still use that test result.......means you will not be required to take another test to pass at B1

Folks who arrive with less than B1 level will be required to undertake another English test before being eligible to apply for ILR or Citizenship

CAT
7th March 2014, 21:55
Conrgatulations Jen :Jump: Hope to pass mine soon.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
8th March 2014, 00:32
I know next to nothing about these English Language Test scorings, Jen ... :anerikke: ... as my wife came to the UK more than a year and a half before such tests were first introduced.

But, based on Terpe's response in #10 ... your overall performance has been consistently commendable and will serve you well throughout your entire immigration journey. :appl:

Again, please accept my heartiest congratulations. :smile:

Jentobeharrison
8th March 2014, 01:32
Thank you guys! Got also my Tuberculosis screening. All good! Yay! Just some documents! Thanks for all your help!

Arthur Little
20th March 2014, 14:23
Thank you guys! Got also my Tuberculosis screening. All good! Yay! Just some documents! Thanks for all your help!

That's truly marvellous :BouncyHappy: news, Jen ... one more step along the road! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you so much for your reputation comment, which is greatly appreciated. :smile:

Terpe
20th March 2014, 22:39

That's great to hear :xxgrinning--00xx3: