PDA

View Full Version : New Member

thisoldman
27th February 2014, 16:06
Hi, I started to browse this site to read about life to wives/Filipinas in the UK. I am Filipina will move to Devon next month from Thailand with my husband and baby daughter.

Terpe
27th February 2014, 16:08
Hi, I started to browse this site to read about life to wives/Filipinas in the UK. I am Filipina will move to Devon next month from Thailand with my husband and baby daughter.

A warm welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

Did you already secure your visa?

thisoldman
27th February 2014, 16:13
Yes, I did. Some packing to do and we are ready to go.

Terpe
27th February 2014, 16:32

Congratulations and well done :Jump:

Have you visited UK before ?

Arthur Little
27th February 2014, 17:13

:welcomex: from this :olddude: ... and all the BEST to the three of you on settling in :Britain:!

bigmac
27th February 2014, 17:53

hi--and welcome. it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell us about your visa application--was it straightforward--? did you get professional help/advice-- ? how long did it take --?

bigmarco
27th February 2014, 20:16
Hi and welcome to the forum and congratulations on your successful visa application. :Hellooo:
You're lucky you'll be arriving in the lovely spring season :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
27th February 2014, 20:56
you are moving to a beautiful part of the world, and welcome too

aim_angel
27th February 2014, 20:58
welcome to the forum :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

thisoldman
28th February 2014, 08:54
I have visited the UK twice. The first time I flew in for a 9 day summer break which was five years ago and then last year when we said hello to husband's family.

thisoldman
28th February 2014, 09:03
@bigmac I/we went through the application forms and process ourselves. Since I am on a student visa here (Thailand) I had to take out my passport to extend my visa twice that means I had to take my passport out twice. That set me back 4 days to take the passport out then put it back in again. I applied before Christmas so there were a number of holidays that added to the stress of waiting for the result of the application. After nearly two months I received an email that I could pick my documents up.

chino
15th March 2014, 00:52
Good luck for your visa for the UK and cornwall is a great place to move to...