PDA

View Full Version : How to renew Philippine passport.

dave63
5th March 2014, 19:02
Hi. I know this must have been covered before but here goes. My wife will need to renew her Philippine passport soon. What I would like to know is would this require a personal visit to the Philippine Embassy (We live in Wales) or can it be done online or postal? Also how do we go about renewing the passport?

marksroomspain
5th March 2014, 19:40
Hi. I know this must have been covered before but here goes. My wife will need to renew her Philippine passport soon.What I would like to know is would this require a personal visit to the Philippine Embassy (We live in Wales)or can it be done online or postal?Also how do we go about renewing the passport.

Yes you have to apply to Philippine Embassy in person at London, my wife renewed hers 6 weeks ago.

You can call the Embassy to make an appointment or I also think you can do it online, you must take with you her current passport, a completed application form,(printed from their website)and if she is using her married name, the official marriage certificate.

Please note the Embassy does not accept debit/credit card payments or cheques - only cash or postal orders - and the fee is £43.

Please check the details with the Embassy online and any queries just give them a call...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th March 2014, 20:39
You might find a number of helpful answers to FAQ's in this link

The Philippine Embassy in London (http://philembassy-uk.org/consular-matters/faqs)

dave63
6th March 2014, 07:32
Is there an Embassy nearer to Wales?

raynaputi
6th March 2014, 10:16
Is there an Embassy nearer to Wales?

Sorry to say, there's no Embassy in Wales. You have to go to London to renew the passport. But check their consular services. I believe they have a schedule for it in Cardiff.

Terpe
6th March 2014, 10:24
.... But check their consular services. I believe they have a schedule for it in Cardiff...

Cardiff is on their schedule for July but no date has been released as yet take a look here (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/51385-Philippine-Embassy-Consular-Outreach-Missions-for-UK-2014?p=485402#post485402) Dave. Might be worth a call. Passport renewals will likely need 'pre-booking' a slot at the outreach date. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anakin
9th May 2014, 13:21
Just a question for anyone who's been through this process. On the forms they don't mention passport photos. Do you actually need to take some or do they take piccies of the applicant while they're there?

raynaputi
9th May 2014, 15:34
Just a question for anyone who's been through this process. On the forms they don't mention passport photos. Do you actually need to take some or do they take piccies of the applicant while they're there?

You don't need to give them photos now because they will take biometrics (image, fingerprints, signature) at the Embassy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anakin
9th May 2014, 16:32
OK great stuff! - thanks Raynaputi :smile:

Arthur Little
9th May 2014, 17:07
Cardiff is on their schedule for July but no date has been released as yet

:yeahthat:'s correct. Having checked again by :telephone:, I've been told there've been no recent update(s) to this situation.

May well be, that you've already called the Philippine Embassy in accordance with Terpe's suggestion, Dave. If so, then you'll have received the same response as me.

But, as outlined below, please take note of the Embassy's Address in London - along with relevant contact telephone numbers - just in case you haven't!

Here they are:-

email address: ..... embassy@philemb.co.uk

Opening Hours: ..... 9am - 1pm then 2pm - 5pm (Monday thru Friday ... except, of course, Philippine & UK Public Holidays)

Main Switchboard:- 020 7451 1780
Passport Enquiries:- 020 7451 1819

Definitely worthwhile to keep trying! :smile:

andy222
9th May 2014, 17:22
Did I read somewhere that you have to take a stamped addressed envelope?

lordna
9th May 2014, 18:05

You need a prepaid special delivery envelope which you can buy beforehand at a post office. They use this to send your passport to you once it's ready.

andy222
9th May 2014, 18:07
Thanks Lordna, I will enquire at my local post office. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
9th May 2014, 19:02

Hiya Andy my wife done that a couple of months back, I know the price has gone up slightly its now £7.15p for special delivery which is guaranteed next day also insured up to £500 and up to 500 grams in weight which is more than adequate.

Basically they give me the silver special delivery envelope and £7.15p worth of peel off and stick on stamps and you just fill in the address you wish the passport to be sent back too.

Also around 6 weeks for the return....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
9th May 2014, 20:48
Super Mark, thanks. Will be going 'down the smoke' when the kids are off in a couple of weeks time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
9th May 2014, 21:26
Super Mark, thanks. Will be going 'down the smoke' when the kids are off in a couple of weeks time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice part of the city Andy, West End especially if your taking the kids M&M's World near the Embassy, they will love it...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

majo
30th November 2014, 20:48
Hello! I've been wondering if a passport way too expired could still be renewed? I had one that expired 2009 bearing my married name.

Now I'm annulled and just waiting for the documents of my finality which are taking forever! So I was thinking of acquiring a new one which will bear my maiden name. Is this permitted? Thanks

raynaputi
30th November 2014, 22:27
Hello! I've been wondering if a passport way too expired could still be renewed? I had one that expired 2009 bearing my married name.

Now I'm annulled and just waiting for the documents of my finality which are taking forever! So I was thinking of acquiring a new one which will bear my maiden name. Is this permitted? Thanks

Yeah that's fine. But bring the documents that they require. Documents are stated here:

http://www.passport.com.ph/info/requirements/for/renewal

majo
1st December 2014, 08:10
Yeah that's fine. But bring the documents that they require. Documents are stated here:

http://www.passport.com.ph/info/requirements/for/renewal

Thank you for your help..

johncar54
22nd March 2015, 09:43
I cannot see anywhere if the Marriage Certificate must have been issued within a certain period before the application.

I emailed the Philippines Consulate in Madrid (we live in Spain) about this a month ago but they have not replied.

Just a comment: Whilst I know it is a requirement, it seems unnecessary to produce the marriage cert if the previous passport was issued in the married name. But I accept officialdom is seldom logical in it's thinking !