PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty getting an appointment

Aleesa
14th March 2014, 09:07
Hi again. I've just successfully submitted my daughter's application, but now the problem is obtaining an appt at VFS. I tried emailing them to get a VIP appt but there is no reply. Even tried calling them but to no avail. It always states on their site that there are no dates available. Has anyone experienced this recently? I'm desperate 'cos I'm going back to UK in a few days..thanks..

rani
14th March 2014, 12:12
Hi Aleesa! My daughter is experiencing the same. She phoned them and was advised to do the booking by email and so she did... They replied after five working days with this...

"Thank you for your email.

Please note that due to the current on-going transition from VFS appointment system to UKVI appointment module, there has been a delay on the linkage from the old appointment system to the upgraded appointment structure.

We have been informed that the UKVI appointment scheduling portal is fully functional since Monday, 10th March.

You may now book your appointment and applicants may revisit the visa4uk website and obtain an appointment using their GWF credentials as the UKVI appointment module is now available and linked to the online form filling portal.

In case you are still unable to proceed, please provide the requested information hereunder in order for us to book an appointment on your behalf.
Mr./Mrs./Ms.:
Given name:
Surname:
Passport number:
Visa category:
Contact numbers:
Email address:
Preferred date and time (provide 3 options):"

We tried the online booking appt again today but to no avail :doh

Aleesa
14th March 2014, 14:54
Hi Rani .. I'm really very frustrated now..they should have announced it beforehand so we are aware about it..I tried emailing them again today but to no avail..I don't know what to do anymore. I'm going back to UK in a week's time ..I hope someone could give us an idea on what to do..hoping and praying..I'm running out of time..

melovesengland
14th March 2014, 15:19
Hello ladies! I am about to complete my daughter and sisters app forms. I was just wondering if there's any success on booking an appointment already? Any updates?

Terpe
14th March 2014, 15:32
Has anyone contacted the British Embassy Consular section??

I'd do it asap and request a proper functioning system...

Just trying to help :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
14th March 2014, 15:55
I have just done Sir Peter, thanks for that. I pointed out that the appointment booking system on VFS Global website isn't working at all and asked them to fix any errors so we can proceed on our businesses.

Let's see how it goes.

Terpe
14th March 2014, 15:58
I have just done Sir Peter, thanks for that. I pointed out that the appointment booking system on VFS Global website isn't working at all and asked them to fix any errors so we can proceed on our businesses.

Let's see how it goes.

That's the spirit Novie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

They have a habit of not giving a clear answer so don't give up first time around :icon_lol:

melovesengland
14th March 2014, 19:38
Thanks for the rep! Just done what's needed to be done, many will benefit including myself if they will finally fix the problem.

Hoping that they will do something about it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
15th March 2014, 03:11
Oh no! It's now making me worry as I will fill out my form Sunday and pay it Monday. I am unsure if i can get Thursday this week or Friday, but that's my target date of submitting my docs. Hope they will fix it as soon as possible,

mymy1921
15th March 2014, 07:21
Hope evrything will turn out ok, pls pls update us if theres an improvemnt on their appointment system coz we dont want the kids school vacation to be wasted on waiting for the system to be ok :olddude:

stevie c
15th March 2014, 09:36
Good luck everyone hope this gets sorted quickly

Terpe
15th March 2014, 17:54
I have just done Sir Peter, thanks for that. I pointed out that the appointment booking system on VFS Global website isnt working at all and asked them to fix any errors so we can proceed on our businesses.

Lets see how it goes.

You might consider raising a formal complaint for the attention of Maria Cecilia C. Madrilejo - VFS Global Senior Manager – Operations
I can't find her personal e-mail by you could try the regular feedback.ukph@vfshelpline.com
or the only other contact I have which is Maria Teresa Escueta on MariaE@vfsglobal.com

Might be worth the effort....hopefully any reply with be with a useful e-mail for future contact

melovesengland
15th March 2014, 19:01
There is no news yet so far, no email response yet. But I have noticed that the look of the website VFS Manila changed.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippines/book_appointment.html

Terpe
15th March 2014, 20:41
There is no news yet so far, no email response yet. But I have noticed that the look of the website VFS Manila changed.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippines/book_appointment.html

As I understand it Novie, visa appoinments are now made via visa4UK.
Applicants should now book their appointments using their reference GWF number.
The UKVI visa4UK appointment module should now be functioning and should be linked
to the online form completion portal.

Nevertheless, the whole transition has been a complete shambles....

mymy1921
16th March 2014, 05:47
There is no news yet so far, no email response yet. But I have noticed that the look of the website vfs manila changed.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/phili
ppines/book_appointment.html

Yah ur right they've put a step by step instructions on their new features, hope it will also be the same with their services...

rani
16th March 2014, 10:36
Been trying this new website for appointment but :NoNo::Brick:

Terpe
16th March 2014, 11:56
Been trying this new website for appointment but :NoNo::Brick:

Is that the new UKVI visa4UK appointment module Rani ??

Maybe time for you to also shoot off a compliant to the British Embassy.

What a terrible service........and not cheap either :furious3:

rani
16th March 2014, 12:12
Is that the new UKVI visa4UK appointment module Rani ??

Maybe time for you to also shoot off a compliant to the British Embassy.

What a terrible service........and not cheap either :furious3:

Yes, Terpe! The new UKVI Visa4appointment module :bigcry:

You are right. Time to complain :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
17th March 2014, 10:22
Yes, Terpe! The new ukvi visa4appointment module :bigcry:

You are right. Time to complain :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I really can't believe that this kind of agencies are having faults, aren't they aware of the big impacts of these to the applicants?

I'm gonna fill out my application form later, is it still in visa4uk?

They're really giving us a big confusion, including that new UKBA website

melovesengland
17th March 2014, 13:43
No email, response from them yet unfortunately. I will keep you all up to date in case they will reply on my message.

Annoying!

mymy1921
19th March 2014, 03:54
:yikes: oh my until when will be this appointment issues :doh

Jentobeharrison
19th March 2014, 08:21
I will personally go there tomorrow to ask what we can do about it.

melovesengland
19th March 2014, 08:37
Please let us knw jen what will be the outcome. No emails yet or any responses. This is going to be a long wait.

mymy1921
19th March 2014, 09:30
Goodluck and hope there will be a positive outcome.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
19th March 2014, 16:53
Hey guys, I just did my online application and there was no problem with my booking appointment. My appointment will be on Friday, however my payment was unsuccesful due to a small problem with my bank. However, about booking an appointment, I did it in visa4UK after I sign declaration it will lead you to some pages where you will book your preferred schedule of appointment.

Give it a try, :)

Jentobeharrison
19th March 2014, 17:09
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Jen_Antalan/appo_zps294265be.jpg (http://s826.photobucket.com/user/Jen_Antalan/media/appo_zps294265be.jpg.html)

melovesengland
19th March 2014, 17:47
Ohh this is great! It is finally working then, that is a good news! I can finally lodge my daughter and sisters applications on friday. Thanks for the update Jen! Good luck to your visa love, let us know how it went yeah?

rani
19th March 2014, 19:56
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Jen_Antalan/appo_zps294265be.jpg (http://s826.photobucket.com/user/Jen_Antalan/media/appo_zps294265be.jpg.html)

Good job, Jen!

Just tried getting an appointment sched for my daughter but i cant even get to the appointment details page. Is it because we have submitted and signed the declaration two weeks ago? Been clicking all the buttons on this new "book an appointment" page but FAILED :bigcry:

Jentobeharrison
20th March 2014, 01:18
Since I haven't paid my application, I guess it's perfect time to double check. Did I answer the correct form for fiancée visa?

Settlement-settlement-proposed civil partnership

Is that correct?

Jentobeharrison
20th March 2014, 01:19
Oh noes rani. I am unsure with this :( I hope it will be sorted soon,

raynaputi
20th March 2014, 10:29
Since I haven't paid my application, I guess it's perfect time to double check. Did I answer the correct form for fiancée visa?

Settlement-settlement-proposed civil partnership

Is that correct?

Settlement-Settlement-Marriage

Proposed Civil Partnership is for same sex. That was my mistake too when I submitted my application. Lucky that time, the VFS employee told me and let me fill-up another form online in a computer shop nearby and then waited for me.

Jentobeharrison
20th March 2014, 11:25
Oh no!! The unsuccessful payment was a blessing in disguise! Thank you rayna! Should I delete application?

Jentobeharrison
20th March 2014, 11:27
I hope they should've used more specific terms huhu

raynaputi
20th March 2014, 11:27
Oh no!! The unsuccessful payment was a blessing in disguise! Thank you rayna! Should I delete application?

Can't you edit it now? I'm not really sure about the process of that now, coz when it was my time, until I submitted it, I can still edit the online form.

raynaputi
20th March 2014, 11:28
I hope they should've used more specific terms huhu

When I submitted my application, the VFS employee who assisted me told me it's a common mistake for the fiancee visa applicants. :NoNo:

sweetlove
20th March 2014, 11:38
Once your application is complete you can't edit that anymore...if it's is incomplete you can still delete it and make a new one...

sars_notd_virus
20th March 2014, 12:33

I think you can make changes to application anytime by clicking ''view my application'' page

Jentobeharrison
20th March 2014, 12:48
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Jen_Antalan/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps99fc41ac.jpg (http://s826.photobucket.com/user/Jen_Antalan/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps99fc41ac.jpg.html)

No more delete application, but I haven't paid yet. What am I going to do? Aww :( is it fine to apply another application again?

raynaputi
20th March 2014, 13:06
No more delete application, but I haven't paid yet. What am I going to do? Aww :( is it fine to apply another application again?

Yup, it's fine. Like I said, when I found out my mistake when I submitted my application to VFS, I just made a new online application form. That time (2011), payment was made thru bank deposits and not online. You are lucky you haven't paid yet and will just easily create a new application and not worry about the payment if it's done.

Jentobeharrison
20th March 2014, 13:10
Yup, it's fine. Like I said, when I found out my mistake when I submitted my application to VFS, I just made a new online application form. That time (2011), payment was made thru bank deposits and not online. You are lucky you haven't paid yet and will just easily create a new application and not worry about the payment if it's done.

That was a mini heart attack tbh. HAHAHA. So i will just let the previous one be expired after 14 days? It was a big Whew!

raynaputi
20th March 2014, 13:13
That was a mini heart attack tbh. HAHAHA. So i will just let the previous one be expired after 14 days? It was a big Whew!

Yeah, just leave it. It's still incomplete because you haven't paid for that. Just make a new application form. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
20th March 2014, 13:34
Thank you forever Rayna <3