PDA

View Full Version : Procedure taking my 8month baby back to the uk

Chefsho1
17th March 2014, 10:07
Hi all!!! New to this forum, I'm a British citizen born in manila father of two sons wife from Davao with a spouse visa, my eldest was born in London and my latest baby born in the Philippines we are currently sorting out his Philippine passport but would like to know what is the procedure and how long will the whole process take so that we can all go back to the uk. Looking for those who have similar experience as to what I'm facing now, would appreciate any feed back from you guys, many thanks in advance!

marksroomspain
17th March 2014, 10:56
Hi all!!! New to this forum, I'm a British citizen born in Manila father of two sons wife from Davao with a spouse visa, my eldest was born in London and my latest baby born in the Philippines we are currently sorting out his Philippine passport but would like to know what is the procedure and how long will the whole process take so that we can all go back to the uk. Looking for those who have similar experience as to what I'm facing now, would appreciate any feed back from you guys, many thanks in advance!

Hi could you elaborate further on this.

You say you are a British Citizen born in Manila.

Did you acquire this due to one of your parents being British or naturalised in the UK?

Or did you yourself acquire British Citizenship by being naturalised here in the UK?

Steve.r
17th March 2014, 13:50
And if you are British then why bother getting your son a Philippine passport when he will be eligible for a full British passport, then in the future he won't have problems traveling the world and needing to get visas everywhere.

Michael Parnham
17th March 2014, 13:56
Interesting, look forward to Chefsho1's comments! :Erm:

raynaputi
17th March 2014, 14:15
And if you are British then why bother getting your son a Philippine passport when he will be eligible for a full British passport, then in the future he won't have problems traveling the world and needing to get visas everywhere.

I think Steve, if he (the OP) is a British citizen born in Manila, his kids won't be eligible for a British passport right away unless they are born in the UK. I'm sure Joe has posted that before, regarding kids of British by descent. Joe will correct me if I'm wrong.