PDA

View Full Version : Filipino mum distraught after daughter's visa application is turned down

joebloggs
17th March 2014, 20:54
it doesn't sound like it was a visit visa, looks like it was a settlement visa at £850 :doh

looks likes it's down to 'sole responsibility' it doesn't mention who she lives with, but seeing her father doesn't help her mom prove she has sole responsibility, nor does she mention when she lived with her daughter last :cwm25:.

A FILIPINO mum who married her Stoke-on-Trent sweetheart has been left devastated after her daughter was denied a visa to visit them.

read more here .. http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Filipino-mum-distraught-daughter-s-visa/story-20817812-detail/story.html

gWaPito
17th March 2014, 21:24
Would be helpful if more information could be made available on this subject. What are the requirements when taking on a woman with child who's paternal father is still about.

Some of us could be interested

joebloggs
17th March 2014, 21:36
the lesser the contact the better, especially if the mother is away.
it doesn't mention how long she has been away from her daughter, just says they married last year and moved to the UK, but they applied for a visa for her in November,

but i think the longer they are apart and the longer she sees her father that has to effect her mother having sole responsibility.

gWaPito
17th March 2014, 21:59
I expect the real father got wind of his daughter's mother good fortune and decided to put his foot in the spokes.

They stated his didnt support his daughter so one would assume he didnt see her either.:NoNo: scumbag :cwm23: Nevertheless, both he and his lawyer could make some money out of this......:NoNo:

grahamw48
17th March 2014, 22:14
I would have been pretty damned upset if my ex had tried to take my boy overseas to shack up with her new bloke. :mad:

There are two sides to every story !

gWaPito
17th March 2014, 22:53
I would have been pretty damned upset if my ex had tried to take my boy overseas to shack up with her new bloke. :mad:

There are two sides to every story !

Me too, Graham

joebloggs
18th March 2014, 08:44
I expect the real father got wind of his daughter's mother good fortune and decided to put his foot in the spokes.

They stated his didnt support his daughter so one would assume he didnt see her either.:NoNo: scumbag :cwm23: Nevertheless, both he and his lawyer could make some money out of this......:NoNo:

the embassy could have said who ever is looking after her has sole responsibility, its not just down to him supporting her, thou that's parts of it.

"You have referred to a custody report, but this also confirms that the applicant's father has visitation rights and is expected to pay maintenance. this is the problem, thou she says he doesn't pay anything, maybe they spoke to the father or the child :cwm25:

bigmac
18th March 2014, 09:15
Some of us could be interested

me too---I've got all this to look forward to--twice over.