PDA

View Full Version : Nearly blown a fuse

stevewool
23rd March 2014, 19:55
Well it had to happen sometime, life cannot always be a bed of roses,

Today i started work on the garden, first job was to move the washing line post, well picture this if you can,
The post is stuck in the middle of the decking so i had to take up two lengths so i can get to it, that was easy, then i had to try and dig the pole out, :doh:doh:doh:doh:doh, would it move, not a bit, more digging and then more shaking the bar, yes its loose, but it would not come out,

Now i am panting heavy and feeling knackered after pulling for 10 mins and i look up and Ems is standing there laughing at me, Well that was it :Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick:, do i say what i think or take it out on the post, after some more tugs and a little more shaking out she came,

I had to sit and get back my breath for a while, told Ems i was sunbathing,

Anyway its out the decking is back down, the hole is filled in and i am ready for the next stage, putting the washing line post in another place,

les_taxi
23rd March 2014, 20:01
I would have done a chevvy chase and just used a hacksaw on it :biggrin:

stevewool
23rd March 2014, 20:06
you know what Les that was my thinking too, until i seen the price for a new one

Terpe
23rd March 2014, 20:53
They do say that you know you're getting older when the first thing you do after a little job in the garden is look for a place to sit down :biggrin:

Whoops....I must have 'Moy-itus' :icon_lol:

Don't worry Steve, I've noticed recently that when I see a beautiful young girl I find myself wondering what her mother looks like :grosyeux:

Terpe
23rd March 2014, 20:56
...Today i started work on the garden, first job was to move the washing line post......

Lucky it wasn't concreted in......you'd have needed to invest in a new hacksaw blade....
probably never had to use it again :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
23rd March 2014, 21:52
I've been in the garden most of the day, started painting the fence, also planted some bamboo, the whole of the fence will take a week I would imagine. Still some seed planting to do in the next few days, also hoping to find some frog spawn this week as they've started spawning, need some for the pond! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
23rd March 2014, 22:59
That made me :icon_lol: Steve just seen the picture in my mind, so funny you have made my night...:laugher:

grahamw48
23rd March 2014, 23:52
Steve, all that fuss could have been avoided with only a tiny amount of TNT.
:xxparty-smiley-004:

fred
24th March 2014, 03:53
I've been in the garden most of the day, started painting the fence, also planted some bamboo, the whole of the fence will take a week I would imagine. Still some seed planting to do in the next few days, also hoping to find some frog spawn this week as they've started spawning, need some for the pond! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its the opposite here Michael.. I`m forever raking out toads and frogs from the Koi pond..

Someone told me that the toad eggs will poison the fish..

bigmac
24th March 2014, 10:24
i'm 7 floors up--so--no more gardening for me:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

just got 2 pot plants--both now dead.

Michael Parnham
24th March 2014, 12:23
Its the opposite here Micheal.. I`m forever raking out toads and frogs from the Koi pond..
Someone told me that the toad eggs will poison the fish..

Never knew that Fred, used to always have frogs and toads, also newts in the pond during my past life, never had a problem with fish being affected!:xxgrinning--00xx3: