PDA

View Full Version : Just taken dodgy drug dealer to Rochdale!

les_taxi
25th March 2014, 14:43
So this morning I was head of rank, could see a scrote further down trying to negotiate a bargain - driver was having none of it and sent him to me!

'How much to Rochdale Gadge?' were his words :mad:
He said he had £45 quid (100 mile round trip) I said £70 thinking that would get rid of him - but no he produced it and got in.

Set off, then I realised I needed extra fuel. So had the embarrassment of pulling into a filling station to top up :doh

Took my keys with me so as to retain taxi :icon_lol:

Anyway, continued journey and I said 'Were ya locked up for the night?' He answered 'yes how d'ya know?' :icon_lol:

Was not his fault of course!

In these situations it's best to humour them coz with it being daytime I had no ahem implement if attacked (normally have a screwdriver)
Anyway he told me he did bit of this 'n' that involving drugs - nice.

As we got close he told me to forget my sat nav - he knows shortcut :omg:

Luckily we turned onto deluxe (not) ....-hole housing estate and he said wait there while I get some more money.

Now the obvious thing is to drive off but he wanted taking home from his mates and was gonna give me a tenner for short journey (helps with the Tiger slush fund)

He came back grinning with about 20 £20 notes in his hand!

Anyway got in took him to his destination whereupon he got out and said it's 'Coke Time' (I'm a pepsi man myself)

Got me extra dosh and sped home :Cuckoo:

This is always the type of job I tell others not to take on but as it was daytime I gambled and got away with it but that was an uneasy job - he looked handy.

lordna
25th March 2014, 19:01
Interesting...why not tell it to the police? Maybe they would be interested in this guys activities and it might end up with him being arrested.

les_taxi
25th March 2014, 19:03
Interesting...why not tell it to the police? Maybe they would be interested in this guys activities and it might end up with him being arrested.

Done that before to be honest, trouble is he just got out near some lights so don't know where he lives.

grahamw48
25th March 2014, 19:25
The police would have given him a warning. :NoNo:

It seems that drug taking and dealing is not of much interest these days.

les_taxi
25th March 2014, 19:34
The police would have given him a warning. :NoNo:

It seems that drug taking and dealing is not of much interest these days.

He said everyone in Rochdale does coke on a night out - I can believe him :yikes:

Dedworth
25th March 2014, 20:40
He sounds a right scumbag. Did you spot any Muslim groomers Les as you hot footed it out of town :cwm25:

Terpe
25th March 2014, 20:53
Sorry for the off-topic.......he could be on a good night tonight.....Rochdale are playing Portsmouth.

Rochdale might well win tonight which would be a big nail in the coffin for Pompey languishing at the foot of Div 2
What an unbelievable story that is for Portsmouth...

les_taxi
25th March 2014, 20:55
He sounds a right scumbag. Did you spot any Muslim groomers Les as you hot footed it out of town :cwm25:

Drove too fast to see - everything was a blur :yikes:

bigmarco
26th March 2014, 13:15
Principles quite clearly go out the window when it comes to a fast buck. :wink:
Personally never liked a job that made me feel uneasy. I'd usually wait till I was on a busy road flick the fuel cut out switch turn the engine over a few times and say sorry mate the cabs :censored: you'll have to get another one. Always worked.

les_taxi
26th March 2014, 14:46
What's the principles statement refer to?

grahamw48
26th March 2014, 14:56
Yes guys, let's not spoil what has been a good-humoured and harmonious thread. :smile:

les_taxi
26th March 2014, 15:11
I'm not sure what's meant by that statement so can Marco explain so I can clear it up.

bigmarco
26th March 2014, 15:33
My reading of your post is that you knew he was a scumbag before he got in. The fact he produced £70 enabled him to get in. You then went on a journey and established that he was a drug dealing scumbag who'd just been released from the nick that morning and yet you decided to hang around and earn another tenner.

If I've misread your post I stand to be corrected but my principles are pretty straightforward when it comes to drug dealers.

les_taxi
26th March 2014, 16:17
Ah, I see what you are getting at. Ok, of course as you state I did not know he was a drug dealer till we were flying along the M62.

Nothing I could do then of course, but if that was you Marco would you have handed him his money back? I mean, if you are that principled then you would not accept payment even on completion of journey!

Then you have to factor something else in - if we all provided goods and services and then after discovering they were drug dealers refused to take their ill gotten gains, then the drug dealer would be even richer!

I did not hang around for more than 2 mins I had no proof what he was doing and was just completing the journey i was paid to do.

If it had been a corrupt bank manager would that have made any difference?

It's a sad fact of life these :censored: exist and if i had known he was a drug dealer - more for my own safety - I would not have done the job.

Here's one for you. If you saw a drug dealer drop £200 out of his pocket would you snatch it? :icon_lol:

bigmarco
26th March 2014, 17:06
Sorry Les, my comments were based on your original post. You already identified him as a scrote and one of your colleagues swept him back to you - which isn't a good sign. He said he only had £45 but was able to produce £70 on demand.

My 20+ years of cab driving tells me that's a wrong un and he's not getting in my cab.

les_taxi
26th March 2014, 18:01
I have done it for 20 years this year!

I was pointing out I maybe had a lucky escape - normally I would have been more apprehensive.

Dedworth
26th March 2014, 18:45
2 long serving taxi drivers - how many miles total do you reckon over the 20 years ?

les_taxi
26th March 2014, 18:49
I have cut back now but probably 3/4 million
60,000 customers perhaps

bigmarco
27th March 2014, 02:51
I'd say there's not a lot between us. I murdered it for the first 10 years. Wife at home with 2 youngsters I was doing 1000+ miles per week. Greedy :censored:

tiger31
27th March 2014, 06:32
So this morning I was head of rank, could see a scrote further down trying to negotiate a bargain - driver was having none of it and sent him to me!

'How much to Rochdale Gadge?' were his words :mad:
He said he had £45 quid (100 mile round trip) I said £70 thinking that would get rid of him - but no he produced it and got in.

Set off, then I realised I needed extra fuel. So had the embarrassment of pulling into a filling station to top up :doh

Took my keys with me so as to retain taxi :icon_lol:

Anyway, continued journey and I said 'Were ya locked up for the night?' He answered 'yes how d'ya know?' :icon_lol:

Was not his fault of course!

In these situations it's best to humour them coz with it being daytime I had no ahem implement if attacked (normally have a screwdriver)
Anyway he told me he did bit of this 'n' that involving drugs - nice.

As we got close he told me to forget my sat nav - he knows shortcut :omg:

Luckily we turned onto deluxe (not) ....-hole housing estate and he said wait there while I get some more money.

Now the obvious thing is to drive off but he wanted taking home from his mates and was gonna give me a tenner for short journey (helps with the Tiger slush fund)

He came back grinning with about 20 £20 notes in his hand!

Anyway got in took him to his destination whereupon he got out and said it's 'Coke Time' (I'm a pepsi man myself)

Got me extra dosh and sped home :Cuckoo:

This is always the type of job I tell others not to take on but as it was daytime I gambled and got away with it but that was an uneasy job - he looked handy.

I never done those jobs unless I got all the dosh up front, BTW how,s the slush fund going :biggrin:

les_taxi
27th March 2014, 08:11
I did get the dosh up front :xxgrinning--00xx3:, slush fund is buiding up :bigcry: