PDA

View Full Version : The long wait for the visa is over at last

gracia143
17th October 2007, 11:34
Just got home from the UK Embassy, tired but very happy. They have finally decided to issue the visa after emails and phone calls and two visits to the Embassy. Today, I went there at 8am and got on the queue, I was told the same thing, the Visa takes 3months to process maximum time. I listened without batting my eyelashes and when the lady was finally done with her speech I told her I won't leave until she tells the ECO what I wanted to say, with ice on veins I told her everything. Then we locked our eyes and stared at each other for what seemed to be forever before she decided to take her notes to the ECO, she came back and advised me to take my seat on the waiting lounge. I waited for almost an hour but it was as like eternity before I heard the public address system announced, Grace pls come back later at 4pm...

I was teary eyed when she handed me the visa, I still am right now. But I would like to take this oppotunity to thank everybody for being really helpful and for putting up with my madness sometimes. Keith, Ate Ping, Joebloggs, Dom,Pretty_Joy, Paul and Annie, Kimmi, Kuku, Iye, Pete and Ruby, Tom, Mark, Charlwill...Erve too and of course Peanutz, Andy, 5olidsnake...Fred and PeterGina and Prof Al and Hanna...thank you so much guys for the support. Without you, the long wait could have been much more difficult.

kimmi
17th October 2007, 11:39
wow congrats ate Grace..I am very very very happy for u..congrats congrats..finally the long wait is over..

when is the party?he he he he

congrats..congrats..congrats..

kimmi
17th October 2007, 11:50
:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_win::icon_win::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::Wine::appl::appl:

congrats Ate Grace..:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Gie
17th October 2007, 11:52
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Congratulationz! Cheerz!

Bridget
17th October 2007, 12:12
Congrats...!

charlwill
17th October 2007, 12:16
My Congratulations to you Gracia. I am happy to you. God is soo good. Let's celebrate for that.:REDancedancer08: :icon_win::xxparty-smiley-050::66::Beer:

KeithD
17th October 2007, 12:32
Everyone shuffle left a bit more....another one to fit in the country......oh bugger......Robs fell off the end....:icon_lol:

kimmi
17th October 2007, 12:47
oh pls reserve even a small space for me Boss..he he he :)

cinmickey28
17th October 2007, 13:15
Hello Grace, At last your visa has arrived already. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

joebloggs
17th October 2007, 13:16
:xxgrinning--00xx3: good you finally got your visa gracia :xxgrinning--00xx3:

how long did you wait ? (til you snapped :D)

whata gal :icon_lol:, you did what i wanted to do, but i couldn't get there, but i did the next best thing, emailed everyone at the embassy complaining about being messed around :NoNo:

best wishes to you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
17th October 2007, 13:26
:xxgrinning--00xx3::REDancedancer08::xxparty-smiley-050:
Congratz Sis ......:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
I'm happy for you...:xxgrinning--00xx3:. Hope to see you soon...

Dragonfoot
17th October 2007, 13:38
:333: - Make some noiseeeeeee!!

Hi everyone...been waiting for this day for ages.. perched on this craft, waiting for land to appear..and now that my Gracy has got the visa, I am sailing through Cloud 9 and seeing landing strips everywhere I look. Gracy will be arriving soon... few more days and then everything will start popping! :Cuckoo:

Thank you sooooo much everyone on this mad, mad flight for all the support and warmth you have given to Gracy and to our dream.

Trevor :icon_win:

Alan
17th October 2007, 14:07
Congrats Grace from Hanna and I. What a perfect excuse for a drink when we meet this week. We fly to Manila in a few hours. See you there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

Pepe n Pilar
17th October 2007, 15:21
Congratulations Gracia....At last the long wait is over.

vbkelly
17th October 2007, 15:37
Just got home from the UK Embassy, tired but very happy. They have finally decided to issue the visa after emails and phone calls and two visits to the Embassy. Today, I went there at 8am and got on the queue, I was told the same thing, the Visa takes 3months to process maximum time. I listened without batting my eyelashes and when the lady was finally done with her speech I told her I won't leave until she tells the ECO what I wanted to say, with ice on veins I told her everything. Then we locked our eyes and stared at each other for what seemed to be forever before she decided to take her notes to the ECO, she came back and advised me to take my seat on the waiting lounge. I waited for almost an hour but it was as like eternity before I heard the public address system announced, Grace pls come back later at 4pm...

I was teary eyed when she handed me the visa, I still am right now. But I would like to take this oppotunity to thank everybody for being really helpful and for putting up with my madness sometimes. Keith, Ate Ping, Joebloggs, Dom,Pretty_Joy, Paul and Annie, Kimmi, Kuku, Iye, Pete and Ruby, Tom, Mark, Charlwill...Erve too and of course Peanutz, Andy, 5olidsnake...Fred and PeterGina and Prof Al and Hanna...thank you so much guys for the support. Without you, the long wait could have been much more difficult.

wow graciaaaaaa congratz!!!!

5olidsnake
17th October 2007, 17:29
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
thats such good news
welcome to the cold:icon_lol:

empott
17th October 2007, 18:03
Finally! :Britain: Congratulations. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joyce
18th October 2007, 03:11
Congratulations Grace!!! At last you can join your fiance....Don't forget to bring winter clothes....

aykes
18th October 2007, 06:37
wow grace!!! congrats!!!:333::Wave:

tiger@tigress
18th October 2007, 06:52
Congrats!!

ginapeterb
18th October 2007, 07:15
Its not Great Britain, its standard Britain....life or death eh Grace....

Good for you girl...you got the rubber stamp. now your Fiance's council tax bill just went up.

andypaul
18th October 2007, 07:24
Nice one at least you will be used to the wait for a Train in the uk

gracia143
18th October 2007, 09:43
Hi Guys, lovely to hear from all of you and thanks so much for basking in with the joys that I and Trevor are enjoying right now. Never felt such relief, I can breath properly now after such long wait. I know I left out some good guys yesterday when I posted the great news, so pls accept the apologies. Walesrob, Vbkelly, Louella,Tiger&Tigress,Joy,Joyce,Mich,Maria and the rest of you nice folks, I thank you all for the support and concern.

I know Pete that it isn't Great Britain anymore, it used to be I think but anyhow Trev happens to be there and I need to be with him and could not wait any longer. And oh the Council Tax just soars up hehe , I know he is aware of that and maybe even the price of butter does. We used to talk about those things. And Andy, the wait for the Train is bearable but the wait for the Visa is just unbelievably stressful. But then again, thank you everyone for all the moral support. I will forever be grateful....

Dragonfoot
18th October 2007, 10:09
Hi Guys, lovely to hear from all of you and thanks so much for basking in with the joys that I and Trevor are enjoying right now. Never felt such relief, I can breath properly now after such long wait. I know I left out some good guys yesterday when I posted the great news, so pls accept the apologies. Walesrob, Vbkelly, Louella,Tiger&Tigress,Joy,Joyce,Mich,Maria and the rest of you nice folks, I thank you all for the support and concern.

I know Pete that it isn't Great Britain anymore, it used to be I think but anyhow Trev happens to be there and I need to be with him and could not wait any longer. And oh the Council Tax just soars up hehe , I know he is aware of that and maybe even the price of butter does. We used to talk about those things. And Andy, the wait for the Train is bearable but the wait for the Visa is just unbelievably stressful. But then again, thank you everyone for all the moral support. I will forever be grateful....

Yes...and I'd like to add my own thanks to the long list from Gracy ...... 'The price of butter'...now that was one of my better chat-up topics - but strangely seemed to work :) Going to start the process that all us male Brits seem to have to go through once the visa is granted.. "the black-bin liner week-end" and, think it will make the stress of waiting for the visa seem like a walk in the park. :D Decision-time: do I chuck out the hot water bottle, or buy another five to see Gracy through the first week back here?.. think this rubbish I am writing should provoke a reaction from my beloved !! :CompBuster:

ginapeterb
18th October 2007, 14:19
Hi Gracie

I know Pete that it isn't Great Britain anymore, it used to be I think but anyhow Trev happens to be there and I need to be with him and could not wait any longer

I never new anyone so ecstatic about coming to Boring Gordon's politically correct disunited Kingdom...but I am happy for you Gracie, to be with your Beau !

Its full steam ahead to pleasure island for him no doubt, I am happy that your irritating wait is over, you certainly deserve it, I am sure you are a lovely Filipina...and we cant wait to welcome you into lets be generous and say, the United Kingdom.

Lets hope Johnny Wilkinson can kick us in to World cup history, by giving us the world cup on Saturday against the Springboks, and bring back a bit of English pride.

Lions dont purrrrrrr THEY ROAR !!!!

KeithD
18th October 2007, 14:23
Welcome to the Ununited United Kingdom :D

andypaul
18th October 2007, 18:41

All good tings take there time.

Don't forget to get Trev po and your good self sorting all the paperwork like the Poll tax etc a letter address to you in the first month is very handy when it comes to evidence for the ILR (The Two years will just fly by trust me)

Have a great flight and enjoy that dodgy team in red you like :furious3:and remeber you need a schgen visa to see your Hero terry henry in espana.

gracia143
19th October 2007, 02:12
Thanks again Pete and speaking of Gordon, the Consul had mentioned whilst I was there to blame him for the slow visa processing due to manpower shortage:Erm:.
Full steam ahead for Trev, yes, but I'm wondering what's the five hot water bottle for? Has he kicked another football onto the boiler, wait til I'm back home:NoNo:. I can't wait to be there and be the hostage to the boys' favortie sports channel and be able to cheer for England again.

Did you say Untied Kingdom Keith :xxgrinning--00xx3:? I love that:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thanks for the info Andy but how did you knew I so wanted to see Spain (and of course Terry Henry:D:Cuckoo:). Our Sash is an Arsenal avid and all the boys in the neighborhood, what can I do but embrace the notion as I don't want them to gang up on me and besides Emirates Stadium fascinates me. And by the way, I got the CFO Sticker yesterday and I may be in London early next week. Thank you all soooooooooooo much and Happy Week-end. I will have a drink with Hanna and Al and Shelly today yeheyyyyyyyy:BouncyHappy::icon_win::REDancedancer08:

kimmi
19th October 2007, 03:28
Goodluck Ate Grace and Congratz again..:)

gracia143
19th October 2007, 05:18
Goodluck Ate Grace and Congratz again..:)

Thanks Kim, I'm sure you will have your visa soon.

It pays to bring out the lion in me sometimes:D...

:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:London here I come heheeee...

kimmi
19th October 2007, 11:05
hi Ate Grace, how are u?Ive learned that u,Prof AL and Hanna are in Glorietta..hope everybody is ok and safe..

GOD Bless.

aug06_2006
19th October 2007, 12:46
CONGRATS TO YOU!

prettyd30
20th October 2007, 08:42
hey grace im so happy you already got your visa, can't wait to see you again. Good luck to you...

Tiggers0608
20th October 2007, 20:24
Congratulations to both of you! :BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

silver13
26th October 2007, 19:16
Hi Gracy, well Me and Anilyn are a bit late on our greeting, but we wish you both well and hope all is good for a wonderfull weddding soon, Me and Anilyn have been busy trying to sort out our Bishops common licence so that we can get married in a UK Church of England, I will post more about that in an informative post, specifically for that matter, but all is set for Me And Anilyn to get married now :-) It is you and Trevor next Gracy :-) All you need are wedding rings and ........ and ......... and :-) We was getting worried when we had not heard from you in Yahoo, but thanks god all has worked out well for you and Trev :-)

Ok we will talk to you some more in Yahoo :-)

But as you say thanks to all in here who helped so much for You and Trev and Me and Anilyn, a special thanks to Boss Man Keith Also who's wife keeps him supporting this free site :-)