PDA

View Full Version : Spouse Visa application question. Your thoughts please!

tinzky19
30th March 2014, 00:09
Hi everyone,

I will be applying for a spouse visa next week and just sorting out my documents now.
I have all the necessary requirements and supporting documents as per: Immigration Rules Appendix FM and also from one of our threads here about: All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Anyway, my question is: My husband and I have lived together in Thailand for 3 years before we got married a year after. We were traveling and studying during those periods. (We have pictures, letters, cards that shows our relationship started then) Now, do we need to show evidence of how we have supported ourselves during those times? What if we do need to and we are unable show evidence, does that really matter? Will the ECO dig into that? Do we need to even mention how we supported ourselves on our :smile::smile:cover letter? Don't we just need to stress out that we have met and have been in a genuine and subsisting relationship?

Your thoughts will be much appreciated! Thank you.

Terpe
30th March 2014, 17:04
Hi everyone,

I will be applying for a spouse visa next week and just sorting out my documents now.
I have all the necessary requirements and supporting documents as per: Immigration Rules Appendix FM and also from one of our threads here about: All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Anyway, my question is: My husband and I have lived together in Thailand for 3 years before we got married a year after. We were traveling and studying during those periods. (We have pictures, letters, cards that shows our relationship started then) Now, do we need to show evidence of how we have supported ourselves during those times? What if we do need to and we are unable show evidence, does that really matter? Will the ECO dig into that? Do we need to even mention how we supported ourselves on our :smile::smile:cover letter? Don't we just need to stress out that we have met and have been in a genuine and subsisting relationship?

Your thoughts will be much appreciated! Thank you.

Hi tinzky,

I'm not sure I understand you concerns.
Unless you are relying on your husband's income from abroad as part of meeting the Financial Requirements then it's not going to be needed.

Going from memory UKVI are not really 'interested' how you supported yourselves.
They're really only concerned that your husband (sponsor) meets the Financial Requirements (eg gross annual income)
They're not concerned with knowing your liabilities/outgoings here in UK either.