PDA

View Full Version : Visa Fees from April 2014

sars_notd_virus
2nd April 2014, 18:12
It's that time of the year again!! :doh

New fees 6 April 2014 / Applications made outside the UK and Applications within the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/279536/Fees_Table_April_2014.pdf

raynaputi
2nd April 2014, 18:45
:REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1:

stevewool
2nd April 2014, 20:33
so glad we are out of these fees now

andy222
2nd April 2014, 22:41
so glad we are out of these fees now

I bet you are. :doh

gWaPito
3rd April 2014, 02:45
I like the 'Priority Visa Service' £300 and the 'Super Priority Visa Service' £600...You can't make this stuff up :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
3rd April 2014, 06:12
I suppose they call it 'inflation', should only be adjusted every five years!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
3rd April 2014, 19:32
Admin / Moderators:

Can we make this thread sticky please thanks:smile:

raynaputi
3rd April 2014, 19:35
Admin / Moderators:

Can we make this thread sticky please thanks:smile:

Done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
3rd April 2014, 19:38
I suppose they call it 'inflation', should only be adjusted every five years!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree...visa fees for settlement and naturalization seems to just go up and up every year.
I guess its to compensate for the FREE one's coming from the EU now:Erm:

sars_notd_virus
3rd April 2014, 19:42
Done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you very much very kind:smile:
I hope it helps for new applicants as there is NO REFUND if you pay the wrong visa fee:xxgrinning--00xx3:

han
3rd April 2014, 21:47
:NoNo:
:yikes: phew... Me and my husband was thinking about doing it premium for my ILR this coming June, upon looking on this thread we think BY POST is the only option.
:icon_sorry: :doh

Thanks your for posting this thread by the way- keep us updated.

Moy
3rd April 2014, 21:57
:yikes: phewwwwwwwww sweating prize :cwm3::doh

Michael Parnham
4th April 2014, 06:21
:yikes: phew... Me and my husband was thinking about doing it premium for my ILR this coming June, upon looking on this thread we think BY POST is the only option.

Yes I agree Han, We've just made an appointment for next month with the checking service, £120 at the moment and cheaper than Premium!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
6th April 2014, 15:27

After the 10 months wait I had with my FLR(M), Keith and I will opt for the PEO for my ILR. We know it's £400 extra but we'd rather have the result the same day. We don't want to wait another day for visa again! :NoNo:

mendoza82
7th April 2014, 03:14
Oh dear :thumbsdown:

dave65
15th May 2014, 00:07
I guess a Spouse Visa comes under the Settlement category. Does not help when the UK Visa website only gives the price in US dollars

dave65
15th May 2014, 00:14
So if I am doing the form online in England and paying the fee for my wife and she is intending to go to the appointment in Manila with the papers is this applying within the UK or outside the UK

Arthur Little
15th May 2014, 01:48
So if I am doing the form online in England and paying the fee for my wife and she is intending to go to the appointment in Manila with the papers is this applying within the UK or outside the UK

:smile: Outside ... because - even though you're completing the form and paying the visa fee on her behalf - it's your wife who's the applicant! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

dave65
15th May 2014, 21:55
So the 'settlement' visa is the one she needs I guess :anerikke:

With all the different tiers and visa names, it does not seem clear to me :cwm25: but I don't see one that clearly states Spouse Visa and I would hate to apply for the wrong one and mess up the whole application :NoNo:

sars_notd_virus
15th May 2014, 22:31
Just an update:

When you apply online the UKVI will give you the appropriate fee to pay.

All you need to do is to apply for the right category as the visa fee is non refundable.

Terpe
16th May 2014, 10:24
So the 'Settlement' visa is the one she needs I guess :anerikke:

With all the different tiers and visa names, it does not seem clear to me :cwm25: but I don't see one that clearly states Spouse Visa and I would hate to apply for the wrong one and mess up the whole application :NoNo:

The online form certainly hasn't been well designed.

May I suggest to set up an application and just take a look at the options.
There's no specific form (unlike paper forms) it all comes down to making selections from the drop-down menus. Each drop down menus changes with different options depending on the selection you make.

Your wife needs to make the following selections at the start:-

Reason for Visit:-
Settlement

Visa Type:-
Settlement

Visa Sub Type:-
Wife

Just for fun try making different selections and you'll find the following drop-down menus change the options available.

Hope that helps

dave65
16th May 2014, 22:44
Thanks guys, looks like we got the correct option. Sharnys VFS appointment is Tuesday morning

rhaichard
25th May 2015, 08:34
Just wondered, how can I apply the FLR(M) using the premium service ?

rhaichard
25th May 2015, 08:39
Do I really need to pay the healthcare surcharge before I can apply for FLR(M) even though I'm working and paying national insurance ?????

Terpe
25th May 2015, 14:50
Do I really need to pay the healthcare surcharge before I can apply for FLR(M) even though I'm working and paying national insurance ?????

Sadly, yes.

rhaichard
25th May 2015, 19:50
isn't that a bit ridiculous ???
why do I need to pay
tax and national insurance
every month for then ???
:Erm::Erm::Erm:

I should be entitled to
seek medical here in UK
because I'm already a tax payer ...
:cwm23::cwm23:

honestly I dont mind to pay
£500 if Im not a tax payer but
I get £200+ less money every month
because of paying tax and ni already ...
:xxaction-smiley-047:xxaction-smiley-047

rhaichard
25th May 2015, 19:53
EU is the one that seeking
medical in UK and get the
benefits from tax payers

but why the wives/partners
of British citizen are suffering with this
freaking money rules ...

its unfair :cwm23::xxaction-smiley-047:cwm23::xxaction-smiley-047

purple
26th May 2015, 10:06
Everyone, brace yourself. On top of the visa fees is the lovely amount of Immigration Health Surcharges

a whooping £600 on top of the settlement visa fees.

In my opinion the fees are all right as long as it is charged to everyone whether they are coming to the UK as an EEA or not. But its totally unfair for working people of Britain to pay some sum to have their family to come and join them here in the UK.

Arthur Little
26th May 2015, 11:38
Everyone, brace yourself. On top of the visa fees is the lovely amount of Immigration Health Surcharges

But its totally unfair for working people of Britain to pay some sum to have their family to come and join them here in the UK.

ABSOLUTELY, Rohany ... :iagree:

:yeahthat:'s what I've lo~ng maintained! :cwm23:

Arthur Little
26th May 2015, 12:15
ABSOLUTELY, Rohany ... :iagree:

:yeahthat:'s what I've lo~ng maintained! :cwm23:

If :Britain:'s electorate decide to remain part of the EU following a referendum ... then, British nationals should be entitled to exercise the same so~called "Treaty Rights" ... :anerikke: ... whatever those are - (I have never been entirely sure) as *continental Europeans OR *they ought to be charged at rates corresponding to those paid by British citizens. In MY opinion!