PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone!

tomoboyle2000
17th October 2007, 20:40
i thought it was time for me to introduce myself to you all......my name is gretchen and i am the wife of tom (tomoboyle2000) i guess you know that coz i'm using his profile.... just want to say i am settle in and everything is okay lang...... thank you all for all the information and previous help...... pls.. bigyan nyu naman ako ng advise kung papaano mg survive dito sa england..... kasi bago pa lang ako dito, halos di ko na iintindihan mga sinasabi nila.........heheheheheheh:36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]:e! thank you in advance!

KeithD
17th October 2007, 20:42
I was out sunbathing today.....nothing healthier than frozen nuts :cwm24:

kimmi
18th October 2007, 00:34
hi Gretchen, welcome to the forum..:)

charlwill
18th October 2007, 00:41
Welcome to the forum, Gretchen.

Bridget
18th October 2007, 02:12
pls.. bigyan nyu naman ako ng advise kung papaano mg survive dito sa england..... kasi bago pa lang ako dito, halos di ko na iintindihan mga sinasabi nila.........heheheheheheh:36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]:e! thank you in advance!

Hi Gretchen welcome to the forum.
As how to survive in England, thats remind me of my first visit there. It was autumn and I dont know anyone there except my boyfriend (he was my boyfriend that time)and his family. I keep myself busy inside the house everyday while he is in the office. It was not too difficult for me as Im a home buddy, and love interior designing, baking and cooking. Every weekend my fiance take me to different places, we always have weekend get away. Normally, he is off from work from Friday to Monday (he used his annual leave) just to make sure we always have time together. So basically, Im all alone in our house from Tuesday to Thursday only. My life is like this, in the morning I go out for a walk about 1 hour to hours walking around the village then on my way home pop in the shops to get the things I need for our dinner. Then do some housechores, and because it was nearly christmas I started putting up christmas decors. The only sad moment was I have to have my lunch on my own, where most of the time I do not bother to cook just have sandwich and fruit salad. Then of course after lunch take a short nap because we often up till late night watching DVD`s. Then in late afternoon get the dinner ready while Im listening to the radio. I make sure the dinner is ready and of course myself (as if every night is special) when he gets home. Thats my typical day.
About making friends, I didn`t have any filipino friends in England except with one girl I met in the British Embassy when I was applying for my visit visa, we just get together once in England.
Then on my second visit,still the same but this time I get myself busy in the garden. I love plants so my sweetie get me some stuffs for the garden to keep me occupied while he is at work. I go out for a bikeride every afternoon which I did enjoyed because in England theres Cycle Track.... oh... thats something I really love about England.

I met one filipino couple who became my good friends until now.They live about one mile from our house, I visit them once or twice during the week, they have 4 children and I`d love to spend sometime with them, have lunch together.
I was not bother making more filipino friends those time because as much possible I didn`t want to diverse my attention as the reason why I came there is to be together, to get to know him and his country.
I spent 2 christmasses in England, the christmas spirit is a lot different compare to pinoy christmas but if you are with the one you love, you will be happier and you will say that this is the best place for me.
About food, I didn`t have difficulty adapting english food, maybe because I`ve been abroad for many years before I met him. But still I did a lot of effort to know more about english food, I must say their food is easier to make than ours. Help yourself get a recipe book, you can borrow one from the local library for free of charge or you can search in the internet and from the local magazine.
About the local people, I found the people in England are friendly, in the place we lived, though I didn`t have friends in the neighborhood but its typical for them to greet me, like Hi, good morning and smiles at me.
At first I had a problem with the accent of the local people, until I get used to them. I always tune in to the local radio program, not the FM that only plays music, I like the talk show that theres a discussion that listeners can participate thru telephone. Infact I`ve joined several times in questions and answers portion and greetings portion. You can tune in BBC Radio thru the internet which I`m still doing up to now even Im in the Philippines. That way, listening to the local radio program I can update myself on whats been going in the community plus helps me to improved my english and know more about the country.
I became a cricket fan. I never thought in my life that I would be interested in sports like cricket and football. But because its my sweetie`s passion I chose to know about it coz that is onething that makes the relationship work to like his likes and vise versa. I`ve been to sevaral cricket matches and football games in the country and been patronized the The Ashes 2005.

I hope these help you a bit.
Good luck to you Gretchen and enjoy your stay in England.

tiger@tigress
18th October 2007, 07:00
Welcome to the forum Gretchen...

gracia143
18th October 2007, 09:53
:Hellooo:Here's a very warm welcome for you, I hope you enjoy being in the forum with us. And of course, try to enjoy England! God bless!!!

Gie
18th October 2007, 11:40
:)Hello Gretchen! welcome to the forum:) If you feel homesick or bored....try to keep yourself busy by chatting, cleaning the house, watch a lot of tv will help improve your English too:) Dont worry you'll get used to it. If you are still bored after all that, just give me buzz and chika to the max tayo, heheheh:D

tomoboyle2000
18th October 2007, 17:53
i just would like to say.... a very big thank you to you all for the nice replies to my post..........looking forward to chatting to you all soon!
regrds.....gretchen

Bridget
19th October 2007, 01:16
i just would like to say.... a very big thank you to you all for the nice replies to my post..........looking forward to chatting to you all soon!
regrds.....gretchen

Hi Gretchen, In addition to my tips to you please do NOT eat a yellow snow. ok. :)

Cheee...!

Gie
19th October 2007, 04:28
hi gretch add na po kita

vbkelly
19th October 2007, 10:05
hi gretch welcome to the UK and this forum,just like me before when my first week here after cleaning the house im still bored when he went home he saw me sad and had teary eyes and he asked what's wrong?, and said to him im bored and i want to go to work any kind of work cleaning,caring,cashier ect.as long as im out of this house.he phoned the hotels,carer homes and shops furtunately one of the hotel reply straight away bcoz they need a staff and went to enterviewed and they hired me i got the job on my 2nd weeks here in england..so gretch if you want to work try yourself getting busy to apply a jobs ask your husband if you don't know the place or go to the job centre in your town

aug06_2006
19th October 2007, 12:41
Hello gretch, welcome to this forum and have fun! hmmmm, me also its hard for me to understand their english language because they speak too fast heheheh!