PDA

View Full Version : Acquaintance or friend

stevewool
8th April 2014, 07:24
We all have them lots of people we talk to and see most days but they are not friends, so when does someone become a friend,

I dont know about you but sometimes i can tell straight away about someone i dont like, but it must take ages for the person you may meet to become a true friend, or do we have true friends, more like passing friends,

Years ago you used to meet up in the pubs and clubs then when you get married you have couples as friends, and if you ever get separated, well bye bye your so called friends then,

So true friends i can count on one hand, Acquaintances i have lots, enemies well thats another subject

Michael Parnham
8th April 2014, 12:22
True friends are for life, from the very day you meet Steve! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th April 2014, 14:10
True friends are the ones who haven't asked to borrow money yet, stolen from me, or tried to get off with my woman. :smile:

stevewool
8th April 2014, 19:31
True friends are the ones who haven't asked to borrow money yet, stolen from me, or tried to get off with my woman. :smile:

thank you i am your true friend :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
8th April 2014, 19:31
True friends are for life, from the very day you meet Steve! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

indeed Michael

grahamw48
8th April 2014, 23:05
thank you i am your true friend :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow.

I've got a friend at last ! :icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
8th April 2014, 23:14
Lucky you :cwm25:

grahamw48
9th April 2014, 00:21
Sorry Mark...make that two ? :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
9th April 2014, 06:23
I had one "true" friend who I met when I first started work, we did not live in each other's pockets but after we both married, went on family holidays together etc and built a Sea fishing boat between us.

He left his wife for another woman, I never met her, but kept in touch with him and his 1st wife.
Both sadly died young.
Mick.:bigcry:

grahamw48
9th April 2014, 11:32
I have one friend who I've known since we were in our teens. Shared houses, friends, girlfriends, interests, social scene, etc. He's a facebook friend now.

There is something very special about such a friendship where you have so many common memories and experiences.

When my boy needed somewhere to stay the night before his (early) employment entrance exam in Grimsby later this month, I knew who to phone.

My friend lives in nearby Cleethorpes, and of course was only too happy to help my son out, without hesitation. That's what REAL friends are . People who you can rely upon and trust with those people and things most precious to you. :smile:

raynaputi
9th April 2014, 11:39
My true friends, most of them are my college friends in the Philippines (well some are living in different countries now) and a few officemates I have in the past who I'm still in contact with up to now. They are the ones I've always shared all my happy and sad times, including my secrets. Acquaintances, just the people who I'm not really bothered to lose any given day.

melovesengland
9th April 2014, 13:30
Same as Rayna most of my true friends are my high school friends that are in the Philippines but I have found friends here in the UK that I can call TRUE. We live far from eachother but we try to keep the comunication alive, we are planning to visit another theme park this year or maybe London and I must say that it is always such FUN to be with them. I guess you know it staright from the start that the person can be reliable and can qualify as a good friend. I just got the feeling that they were nice and until now we remain as friends and enjoy eachones company. :)

gWaPito
9th April 2014, 15:40
What it is to be young!
Some of my school chums have already passed on ....I still got my best friend. .the boy I was neighbour's with as a child. We are now neighbours again ....I'd didn't even know he was living there ....such is fate :biggrin: