PDA

View Full Version : FLR or ILR??

mendoza82
10th April 2014, 07:16
Hi guys,am bit confused which next visa I should apply,I came here in the uk with spouse visa valid until 2016 May..i asked my friends some said flr some ilr hahah that confused me more.. ILR or FLR??? Thanks

andy222
10th April 2014, 11:31
FLR as I have been informed and get ready to be ripped off again.:doh

Terpe
10th April 2014, 14:31
Hi guys,am bit confused which next visa I should apply,I came here in the uk with spouse visa valid until 2016 May..i asked my friends some said flr some ilr hahah that confused me more.. ILr or Flr??? Thanks

Just as Andy says, it's FLR(M)

You came here on a spouse visa with initial validity of 33 months.
Shortly (max 28 days) before your 30 months living here as spouse you'll need to apply for your second period of FLR(M) which will be for another 30 months.

I'd suggest you regularly review the FLR(M) application form so that you can be prepared for the application and remain updated on any requirement changes.

You're under 'new rules' and so thats a 5 year immigration journey to ILR and British Citizenship.

And, also as Andy indicates, it's quite a costly journey that will demand some focussed saving.

Good luck in your journey :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
10th April 2014, 16:10
Crafty buggers, the UK Government :icon_rolleyes: ... since EU membership rules out turning the key in the "gates" of our already overpopulated - yet tiny - lock~shaped mainland to fend~off invading (non Englsh speaking) masses from our nearest neighbouring [continental] countries ... it compensates by:

(a) toughening up its entry conditions for people from virtually all other overseas nations - many of whom are, in fact, far more capable of communicating fluently :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: with native Brits than the vast majority from Europe - and

(b) insisting non-Europeans now study ancient British history (which, even if interesting enough to some ... :anerikke: ... has no actual bearing on their lives here)

all at a crippling financial and emotional cost to applicants and their sponsors.

ILR now takes 5 years to obtain. Meaning that, after 30 months, non EEA partners of British subjects need to find another £1,000 (that's
at today's prices) to simply extend their FLR.

:yeahthat:'s daylight robbery ... and, for the government alone, a win-win situation! :cwm23:

bigmac
10th April 2014, 19:39
need to find another £1,000

eh ?

mendoza82
11th April 2014, 17:06
FLR as I have been informed and get ready to be ripped off again.:doh

Ripped off again yeah tell me about it andy,haha..anyway thank you

mendoza82
11th April 2014, 17:10
Thank you sir terpe,as always...yeah better to start saving now.

mendoza82
11th April 2014, 17:18
Crafty buggers, the UK Government :icon_rolleyes: ... since EU membership rules out turning the key in the "gates" of our already overpopulated - yet tiny - lock~shaped mainland to fend~off invading (non Englsh speaking) masses from our nearest neighbouring [continental] countries ... it compensates by:

(a) toughening up its entry conditions for people from virtually all other overseas nations - many of whom are, in fact, far more capable of communicating fluently :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: with native Brits than the vast majority from Europe - and

(b) insisting non-Europeans now study ancient British history (which, even if interesting enough to some ... :anerikke: ... has no actual bearing on their lives here)

all at a crippling financial and emotional cost to applicants and their sponsors.

ILR now takes 5 years to obtain. Meaning that, after 30 months, non EEA partners of British subjects need to find another £1,000 (that's at today's prices) to simply extend their FLR.

:yeahthat:'s daylight robbery ... and, for the government alone, a win-win situation! :cwm23:

Thanks for your input lil Arthur, yeah it's robbery, just wondering what IF I can't afford the visa I get deported haha

mendoza82
11th April 2014, 17:24
need to find another £1,000

eh ?
:omg::omg:

bigmac
12th April 2014, 10:45
how do you arrive at £1000 for the FLR application fee ?

raynaputi
12th April 2014, 14:11
how do you arrive at £1000 for the FLR application fee ?

If you are applying via PEO, add £400 to the £601 application fee..you'll get that £1000 (actually £1001) that Arthur said. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th April 2014, 19:06
Thanks for your input lil Arthur,

:smile: Pleasure's mine ... and the rep given to me for my response is very much appreciated ... :thankyou:

yeah it's robbery, just wondering what IF I can't afford the visa I get deported haha

:nono-1-1: ... FLR(M) is still a while away for you. So :please: don't worry. :NoNo:
You just need to follow Terpe's suggestion in #3 and stay focussed on placing aside an affordable amount of household income each month in preparation for when the time comes. :xxgrinning--00xx3: