PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the suckers are wising up

Dedworth
25th April 2014, 10:08
Sales slide as Starbucks feels tax backlash: Coffee chain axes six shops after £14m drop in business during the past year

Annual sales fall below £400m meaning 2013 was first year since 1998 sales did not rise
Despite loss chain plans to open 100 new shops this year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2612668/Sales-slide-Starbucks-feels-tax-backlash-Coffee-chain-axes-six-shops-14m-drop-business-past-year.html#ixzz2zt3WDqmI

It never ceases to amaze me how many mugs are out there happily handing over £3.50 for a cup of coffee - there's one born every minute

les_taxi
25th April 2014, 12:28
It amazes me too. I see them walk past the taxi rank clutching their very expensive cup of flavoured water.

You're maybe looking at £50-60 a month on coffee!

raynaputi
25th April 2014, 12:33
I :heartshape1:Starbucks! Does that mean I'm a mug? I know plenty of Filipinas who love Starbucks too. I guess we are all mugs! :thumbsdown:

gWaPito
25th April 2014, 12:56
Not if you're spending someone else's money :xxgrinning--00xx3:

BTW l like Starbucks too ;). I had 2 Caffè latte on the trot yesterday after my solicitor just relieved me of £829.44 worth of chat. There's no fool like an old fool.

Still, it's my money to spend as I wish.

Dedworth
25th April 2014, 13:00
I :heartshape1:Starbucks! Does that mean I'm a mug? I know plenty of Filipinas who love Starbucks too. I guess we are all mugs! :thumbsdown:

Its a fashion / brand thing so not just you Rayna my wife throws her money away at Starbucks but she's earned it so I never complain how she spends it

Being a kuripot I'd rather spend the same amount on a bag of quality ground coffee eg Douwe Egberts, Lavazza etc and make untold cups at home. If I want a half decent coffee I'll pay a quid at Wetherspoons or McDonalds, even better still a free one at Waitrose :biggrin:

raynaputi
25th April 2014, 13:21
We buy Bewley's java roast for our daily coffee..and we also buy Costa Cappuccino Tassimo. That made me stop asking Keith to take me to Starbucks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
25th April 2014, 13:28
We buy Bewley's java roast for our daily coffee..and we also buy Costa Cappuccino Tassimo. That made me stop asking Keith to take me to Starbucks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

There you go :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
25th April 2014, 16:28
I have Camp, never paid for coffee to drink out, only indoors at home or a friend's house! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
25th April 2014, 18:14
Sales slide as Starbucks feels tax backlash: Coffee chain axes six shops after £14m drop in business during the past year

:cwm24: ... odd that ... cos they've just newly opened one on Perth's High Street!

It never ceases to amaze me how many mugs are out there happily handing over £3.50 for a cup of coffee - there's one born every minute

:iagree: ... ridiculous price! :crazy:

Dedworth
25th April 2014, 18:19
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/37500/Starbucks-Money--37956.jpg

Arthur Little
25th April 2014, 18:25
I have Camp ...

... :grosyeux: ... really, Michael? And ... are you content with the contents of that? :Erm:

Arthur Little
25th April 2014, 18:52
;) I had 2 Caffè latte on the trot yesterday after my solicitor just relieved me of £829.44 worth of chat.

:omg: ... that's enough to give anyone "the trots" > :kngt:

.................................................................. :yeahthat: !

Still, it's my money to spend as I wish.

True ... :iagree:! But I'll bet you wish you didn't have to spend it that way. :icon_rolleyes:

Arthur Little
25th April 2014, 19:16
:olddude: ... let you into a secret. I promised my wife I'd treat her to a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Question is ... when?

Answer: Whenever I can secure a BIG enough bank loan:REGamblMoney01HL1: - because the interest rates for borrowers at present are horrendous!

Michael Parnham
11th May 2014, 09:05
... :grosyeux: ... really, Michael? And ... are you content with the contents of that? :Erm:

Never read what contents are on anything and I don't think very many people do, but I do know camp contains Chickory and it's delicious Arthur!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
11th May 2014, 09:18
I AM CAMP, never paid for coffee to drink out, only indoors at home or a friend's house! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sorry could not resist:biggrin:

Michael Parnham
11th May 2014, 09:21
Sorry could not resist:biggrin:

Good one Les, like it!:xxgrinning--00xx3: