PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to everybody.

Slip
29th April 2014, 21:22
For all the help contained on this forum..... Without you all I would have no doubt pulled all my hair out by now!

Although I am not quite there yet.... I am packed and ready for my trip to Philippines. This time next week I will be up in the air on my way to Manila via Abu Dhabi.

I am busy the next couple of days and working from Friday until Midnight on Monday night then on Tuesday afternoon I am off so had to pack today to make sure I had everything and no last minute run to the shop next Tuesday morning!

So 6 weeks in Philippines and a wedding planned for June 8th before the Visa submission once we obtain the marriage certificate.

As I know the visa takes a while I have been telling everybody she will be here by Christmas, I hope so :smile:

stevewool
29th April 2014, 21:39
exciting times ahead, hope everything goes fantastic and dont forger the pictures

Terpe
29th April 2014, 21:43
For all the help contained on this forum..... Without you all I would have no doubt pulled all my hair out by now!

Although I am not quite there yet.... I am packed and ready for my trip to Philippines. This time next week I will be up in the air on my way to Manila via Abu Dhabi.

I am busy the next couple of days and working from Friday until Midnight on Monday night then on Tuesday afternoon I am off so had to pack today to make sure I had everything and no last minute run to the shop next Tuesday morning!

So 6 weeks in Philippines and a wedding planned for June 8th before the Visa submission once we obtain the marriage certificate.

As I know the visa takes a while I have been telling everybody she will be here by Christmas, I hope so :smile:

As Steve says.......exciting times ahead.
Hope the wedding is a truly memorable day for you both :Jump:

Try to stay connected and don't be shy to ask for help if needed.

Bon voyage and shining memories Slip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
29th April 2014, 21:45
Wishing you and your partner the best of luck. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll be taking off to see my girl the day before you. :smile:

joebloggs
29th April 2014, 22:00
:xxgrinning--00xx3: yes good luck and all the best :wedtoss:

Slip
29th April 2014, 22:11
As Steve says.......exciting times ahead.
Hope the wedding is a truly memorable day for you both :Jump:

Try to stay connected and don't be shy to ask for help if needed.

Bon voyage and shining memories Slip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll still be here no doubt asking for help with the visa..... Plus I enjoy reading this forum and hope to be around for a while yet.... If only to pass on my knowledge gained to those who are new like I once was.

Wishing you and your partner the best of luck. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll be taking off to see my girl the day before you. :smile:

Thank you. Make sure the sun is shining for me when I arrive

exciting times ahead, hope everything goes fantastic and dont forger the pictures

For the first time since she got to her village 3 weeks ago from Manila I managed a short conversation today on facebook as she finally got internet connection for a little while. I will try to post some pictures on here should I get wifi whilst out and about.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: yes good luck and all the best :wedtoss:

Thank you

Doc Alan
30th April 2014, 07:30
All best wishes for your trip, the wedding on June 8, and your future together :lovecouple:

Dedworth
30th April 2014, 09:03
Good luck for times ahead Slip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
6th May 2014, 07:12
The time has come.

In just under 5 hours I have a cab taking me the 10 minutes to Heathrow airport and the first leg of my journey starts and soon I shall be with my Harlene.

See you all in 6 weeks :smile:

marksroomspain
6th May 2014, 08:42
The time has come.

In just under 5 hours I have a cab taking me the 10 minutes to Heathrow airport and the first leg of my journey starts and soon I shall be with my Harlene.

See you all in 6 weeks :smile:

Have a wonderful vacation Slip enjoy....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
6th May 2014, 10:51
Good luck and have a great time!

SimonH
6th May 2014, 12:09
Have a fantastic trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
6th May 2014, 12:44
Just had a little scare. Was at the check in desk and the lady asked how long I was going for. When I said six weeks, she said I needed a visa. I explained I didn't and after 30 days I can extend it in Philippines. She said she'd have to check. Obviously i was right, but didn't stop the heart skipping for a bit!

Michael Parnham
6th May 2014, 17:23
Have a great time! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

blessed_ekim0826
6th May 2014, 17:47
Have a safe trip!!!

gWaPito
7th May 2014, 01:10
Happy days Slip :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
8th May 2014, 09:08
Here safe and sound, making use of the hotels free wifi.

CNI exchange at tbe British embassy went well today. Took about one hour, altbough we got there way to early!

And for the record, you don't actually need tbe CNI anymore. Just the affadavit or affirmation. Although if you don't have either they were letting you do them there..... Not sure if it will be an ongoing thing once everyone realises you no longer need tbe CNI.

Also got my visa extended. So just the marriage licence to obtain now.

Jentobeharrison
8th May 2014, 09:15

CNI exchange at tbe British embassy went well today. Took about one hour, altbough we got there way to early!

And for the record, you don't actually need tbe CNI anymore. Just the affadavit or affirmation. Although if yku don't have either they were letting you do them there..... Not sure if it will be an ongoing thing once everyone realises you no longer need tbe CNI.

Wow that was so simple! Now I think my fiancé and I can have a back up plan if our fiancée visa will be declined. Stay us updated

Dedworth
8th May 2014, 10:38

And for the record, you don't actually need tbe CNI anymore. Just the affadavit or affirmation. Although if yku don't have either they were letting you do them there..... Not sure if it will be an ongoing thing once everyone realises you no longer need tbe CNI.

Well done Slip so far so good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
8th May 2014, 10:55
Best wishes in advance slip and have a great time :smile:

andy222
8th May 2014, 11:31
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Keep us updated. All the best.

Slip
9th May 2014, 11:22
Hello UK.

Wondered why I couldn't withdraw cash from my caxton card today, despite it having sufficient funds. Then realised I can only withdraw from ATM's two times a day, which I had done. Got to pay for the wedding food and was aiming to take it all out today, but can only withdraw 10,000 at a time. Which I didn't know. Just read up on Caxton site as I was worried when the ATM's said insufficient funds!

Don't know when I'll be online next, off in a little bit for the 8-10 hour bus ride from Manila to Isabela...

At least it's a night flight and we can sleep, hopefully

Slip
9th May 2014, 11:23
Sorry night bus ride not flight

gWaPito
9th May 2014, 13:43
Hello UK.

Wondered why I couldn't withdraw cash from my caxton card today, despite it having sufficient funds. Then realised I can only withdraw from ATM's two times a day, which I had done. Got to pay for the wedding food and was aiming to take it all out today, but can only withdraw 10,000 at a time. Which I didn't know. Just read up on Caxton site as I was worried when the ATM's said insufficient funds!

Don't know when I'll be online next, off in a little bit for the 8-10 hour bus ride from Manila to Isabela...

You raised a good point.. I'm surprised Caxton only allowing 2 withdrawals per day :NoNo:..I dont recollect anyone mentioning that b4 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
9th May 2014, 14:38
I think I withdrew over 10,000 pesos at a BPI ATM in Cebu.

Terpe
9th May 2014, 16:18
Hello UK.

It's something to remember that Caxton has a limit of 2 ATM withdrawals in a 24 hour period and a limit of 5 ATM withdrawals over 4 days.

There's also a maximum value for a single ATM withdrawal of £300/€500/$750
Of £300/€500/$750 in ATM withdrawals per 24-hour period
and also
of £1,200/€2,000/$3,000 in ATM withdrawals over 4 days

cheekee
9th May 2014, 18:49
Ah. It's a Caxton limitation.

I was using a Thompson travel card.

Terpe
9th May 2014, 22:27
Ah. It's a Caxton limitation.

I was using a Thompson travel card.

What are the limitations on that one cheekee?

cheekee
10th May 2014, 09:22
What are the limitations on that one cheekee?

I'm.not sure of the limitations.

I have withdrawn over 10000 pesos.
Can withdraw more than twice per day I'm sure.

I have used the card on two trips to the Philippines now.

Got good exchange rates which was nice.

Michael Parnham
10th May 2014, 10:40
Don't mean to pry, but I wonder how much members spend when in Philippines, I average about p4000 per day and that includes hotel bill! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th May 2014, 14:26
Well you can count on me halving that of course. :biggrin:

We're in Dagupan, Pangasinan by the way.

Our nice air con hotel room is p950. :smile:

Michael Parnham
10th May 2014, 18:20
Well you can count on me halving that of course. :biggrin:

We're in Dagupan, Pangasinan by the way.

Our nice air con hotel room is p950. :smile:

Very similar to what I pay Graham, well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sheriel
10th May 2014, 18:46
OK Graham, watch the heart rate when you are with that young Mercedes - never know! Anyway have a great time and keep away from those mosquitoes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th May 2014, 20:55
OK Graham, watch the heart rate when you are with that young Mercedes - never know! Anyway have a great time and keep away from those mosquitoes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Haha...will do. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Since giving up smoking, feeling really fit though :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Michael Parnham
11th May 2014, 06:13
Haha...will do. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Since giving up smoking, feeling really fit though :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Enjoy :do_it: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
13th May 2014, 00:08
Having trouble with Caxton right now. They have seemingly blocked my card. Tried several ATM transactions yesterday and managed one. Then went to eat and the card was declined. Then went to Robinsons mall and got some stuff for the wedding and the card declined, so most of the cash i withdrew at the ATM was spent instead.

Been emailing Caxton as I can't get to a phone and dont see why I should pay to call them (although had to pay for 3 days internet out here that is like the good old dial up days speedwise) Fair play to them they are responding quickly. Last email just now was to ask about declined transactions if they were mine, they were. Hopefully they will unblock my card now and I can use it as I still have to pay for the food for the wedding!

On the plus side it is very hot out here and I am having a great time.

aprilmaejon
13th May 2014, 07:06
I think maximum withdrawal per day is php 20,000 or that is 2x per 10,000 transaction in any ATM...

Slip
13th May 2014, 10:03
They had blocked my card, all because me trying to use a few atm's within 10 minutes (before I knew about only two transactions a day) warranted suspicious activity. Being trained myself to spot suspicious activity I can understand why people do this, but I think they need to at least contact you to let you know your card has been blocked.

Anyway, unblocked now, apparently! will find out in the next day or so when I go to town again

Rosie1958
15th May 2014, 00:10
I hope that your Caxton card is now working ok and wish you and your future wife the Very Best of Luck for your forthcoming marriage on 8th June :xxgrinning--00xx3: Have a fabulous day!! :wedtoss:

sheriel
15th May 2014, 00:59
Good luck for June 8th we are thinking of you here.