PDA

View Full Version : what a relief!!!

cryingbaby
20th October 2007, 21:07
:Hellooo::Hellooo: it was indeed a relief after all the mind-boggling situations ive got into..i arrived in uk in fiancee visa last july 19..when i got here we planned our wedding but like any other relationships, ours is not perfect..we encountered so many trials and problems before we finally called ourselves husband and wife..it was tough in my part, being alone in this foreign country, with nobody to lean on right away.but i guess, life is like that..u just have to deal with it coz we can't alter something that is meant to happen..but we got there.we moved on and learn from it.in less than a month of my stay here, ive met several good friends online and in person,which is really amazing..when i was in the brink of hard times, all of them were all willing to help..especially those friends u haven't ever meet yet..people from this forum..ive been here for 3 months now.and im married, ive got my flr in 18 days, after that ive fished for jobs..and after my ist interview, ive got the job right away..im about to start my new job next week and im so excited about it.. im so thankful..everything happened in just how i figure them out to happen..ive bear in mind all the tips and advices of the forum members which makes it all easy for me.thank you guys..to all the spouses, fiancees, i wish you good luck and just believe in yourself..be confident when u find job, coz its all up to you..positive attitude rocks!!:)

andypaul
21st October 2007, 00:18
Well done on the Flr and Job:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't forget to pass on your experinces to others as like you have discovered it makes it so much easier for us all if we learn from others.

kimmi
21st October 2007, 01:25
Congatz Crying baby..I wish u all the best..

GOD sometimes tested our faith, but if we trust in HIM everything..HE will always be there for us never too late, nor too early..:)

Bridget
21st October 2007, 04:00
:Hellooo::Hellooo: it was indeed a relief after all the mind-boggling situations ive got into..i arrived in uk in fiancee visa last july 19..when i got here we planned our wedding but like any other relationships, ours is not perfect..we encountered so many trials and problems before we finally called ourselves husband and wife..it was tough in my part, being alone in this foreign country, with nobody to lean on right away.but i guess, life is like that..u just have to deal with it coz we can't alter something that is meant to happen..but we got there.we moved on and learn from it.in less than a month of my stay here, ive met several good friends online and in person,which is really amazing..when i was in the brink of hard times, all of them were all willing to help..especially those friends u haven't ever meet yet..people from this forum..ive been here for 3 months now.and im married, ive got my flr in 18 days, after that ive fished for jobs..and after my ist interview, ive got the job right away..im about to start my new job next week and im so excited about it.. im so thankful..everything happened in just how i figure them out to happen..ive bear in mind all the tips and advices of the forum members which makes it all easy for me.thank you guys..to all the spouses, fiancees, i wish you good luck and just believe in yourself..be confident when u find job, coz its all up to you..positive attitude rocks!!:)

Thats brilliant cryingbaby..! I guess you have to change your log in name now from cryingbaby into smilingbaby , as you said be positive :)
Goodluck to your new job make sure the hubby always comes first anyway he is the reason why you come to UK....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Cheers!

cinmickey28
21st October 2007, 07:27

Hello Cryingbaby! I think you were just going through a cycle in your relationship.

Trials are spices in our life. Sometimes is wonderful and sometimes it’s a bit rough.

Wow! That is so nice to hear that you are to start with your new job. Share with us your flr experience please.

I wish you all the best.

Cinmickey

cryingbaby
21st October 2007, 13:18
hi guys..thank you all..anyway, we applied FLR by post..i went to the homeoffice website and printed out the FLR(m) form, collected the documents required like my passport, 2 recent passport-size photographs of myself and 1 passport-size photograph of my partner,marriage contract,his decree absolute to prove that he is free to marry, documents showing that he is present and settled in the UK( his passport and income tax coding)we also submitted evidence of his finances( 6 months bank statement, payslips) and lastly, our payment in postal order(£395)..All the documents we submitted were original. we post it to the following address :

Border and Immigration Agency
Leave to Remain - FLR(M)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

3 days after posting it, we received letter from homeoffice informing us that they received the application. Then we just waited and kept ourselves busy in other things..i did my appointments for the national insurance number, making cv's, applying jobs online and taking assestments online too..and finally after 18 days, ive got my visa and all the other documents..Same day, Royal Mail called me to inform that i passed the online assestment and scheduled me for a job interview. As a preparation for the job interview, we bought smart attire,.. i believe first impressions last.. What they see is what they get. So we need to impress them.we opened a bank account for my wages, i also researced about the company, the position im applying and planned my journey for that day so there will be no further delays..During the interview day, i was relaxed, i never felt nervous, i was so confident that ill get the job..Thingking positively helped me so much not to fidget in the job interview..the question were a bit hard for me, because its not the same with the job experience that i got. But being smart and prepared always helps.. I am so happy coz its a permanent job with a good pay and the hiring manager told me, ill go far in their company..

So that's my experience with the visa and job struggles here in UK..hehehe.. Hoping that everybody will have the same outcome with mine.. This site has been so handy with us.. We all learn from experiences of others who shared their journey on their visas and employment... Just relax and take it easy..i wanna say thank you to mu hubby who supported me all the way..

Our next plan is to ammend my passport.. Still gathering info right now.. have a great day to all the members..