PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting for Visa reply

Pages : [1] 2

jasper999
8th May 2014, 21:36
We applied for the settlement visa in Manila on February 25th and 73 days later still waiting!

Very difficult to contact the Embassy and find out the status. They certainly don't make the process easy....

Anyone else wait this long?

jane2009
8th May 2014, 22:59
We applied for the settlement visa in Manila on February 25th and 73 days later still waiting!

Very difficult to contact the embassy and find out the status. They certainly don't make the process easy....

Anyone else wait this long?

My sister applied hers last 27/02/2014 but still hasn't heard anything :mad:

Terpe
9th May 2014, 08:36
There's no doubt it's a very difficult and anxious time waiting for decisions on such life changing issues.

Manila Hub is a huge operation processing huge volumes of visa applications.

Many folks here have been waiting 3 months.

jasper999
9th May 2014, 18:05
Well, seems like we are in the same boat.

Do you know of people waiting longer than 3 months?

Terpe
9th May 2014, 21:36
Well, seems like we are in the same boat.

Do you know of people waiting longer than 3 months?

Did you already check UKVI processing times here (https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/philippines-manila/settlement-visas/settlement)

5 days is equal to 1 week

Search the form for info about those folks waiting 12 weeks still

jasper999
15th May 2014, 19:52
Yes, I already checked and I contacted the Embassy to find out the status of the application. I was told that the application was in the queue but had not been processed yet.

They couldn't give me any idea about how long the application would take once it begins processing.

It is 11 weeks now and so I am hopeful for a reply soon but I'm not sure that contacting the Embassy helped very much.

jane2009
15th May 2014, 21:04
I got 2 friends it took 62 working days before they got the visa...
:NoNo:

jasper999
15th May 2014, 21:05
Ok thanks Jane, was that recently?

jane2009
15th May 2014, 21:19
Ok thanks Jane, was that recently?

Yes Hun!

They've applied a few days ahead of my sister.
Might be you gonna hear from them next week ��

jasper999
15th May 2014, 21:32
Hopefully!

Did they receive their visa last month?

sars_notd_virus
15th May 2014, 22:40

Haven't you asked how long will the processing will be when you submitted your application?

For settlement, I was informed the decision will take within three months.

jasper999
16th May 2014, 17:48
I am not sure what you are getting at?

jane2009
20th May 2014, 10:20
Hi there,
Have you got any news?

jasper999
20th May 2014, 13:22
Yes, my fiance got a phone call from the Embassy to ask her a few questions about her job and about her English Language test.

The agent also said that the TOEIC English test certificate was no longer valid!! It was valid when she took the exam in December, so I really don't know.

It is also on the list of acceptable exams!

sweetlove
20th May 2014, 14:22
Yes, my fiance got a phone call from the Embassy to ask her a few questions about her job and about her English Language test.

The agent also said that the TOEIC English test certificate was no longer valid!! It was valid when she took the exam in December, so I really don't know.

It is also on the list of acceptable exams!

Hello there! I received a call today also from British Embassy asking me about my TOEIC exam .. And they said sorry for the delay of my application, it's because the TOEIC is not acceptable any more. But I told them I took the exam last August 2013 and I lodged my visa last February 27. He's asking me about what I'm applying for, and he said I can receive a result with in 2-3 days .... When did you'r fiancée receive the call?

Baruk
20th May 2014, 16:08
Hi there sweetlove.. May I ask if what time did the embassy called? I have a poor connection to my phone as I live in the mountain. I might hang my phone in the window eh.

sweetlove
20th May 2014, 16:13
Hi there sweetlove.. May I ask if what time did the embassy called? I have a poor connection to my phone as I live in the mountain. I might hang my phone in the window eh.
Hello there baruk .. I received call from ukba around 11:10am ...did you recieved call from them also ?

Baruk
20th May 2014, 16:24
Hello there baruk .. I received call from ukba around 11:10am ...did you recieved call from them also ?

Hi there sweet love.. Thanks for that info. No they haven't call nor email me yet. Thought they will only reach us through email. Was it the ECO who called you?

sweetlove
20th May 2014, 16:31
Hi there sweet love.. Thanks for that info. No they haven't call nor email me yet. Thought they will only reach us through email. Was it the ECO who called you?

Ohh yes it was from British embassy Manila .. I spoke with a British guy ... I was so nervoes talking with him ...it only takes 10mins ... And he said to me just wait for 2 3 das for the decision ..and he apologised for the delay of my visa apps .

Baruk
20th May 2014, 16:39
Ohh yes it was from British embassy Manila .. I spoke with a British guy ... I was so nervoes talking with him ...it only takes 10mins ... And he said to me just wait for 2 3 das for the decision ..and he apologised for the delay of my visa apps .

The waiting is very difficult. Let's just hope and pray for a good result. Pls do update us with your status as I will do the same. Cheers!

aprilmaejon
20th May 2014, 17:21
A friend of mine from Dumaguete applied on the 28th of February, she already received a text saying "PROCESSED VISA APPLICATION __________ will be endorsed to courier 2GO EXPRESS ON 14th of May. For metro Manila delivery will be approximately 24-48 hours on working days, for provincial delivery in the city will be approximately 48 to 72 hours on working days and on remote areas approximately 1 week." She is still waiting until now.....

Does that text means her visa has been approved?

jasper999
20th May 2014, 18:02
My fiance received the call in the afternoon, but the signal was bad, she was at work, and she was also very nervous.

I don't understand the purpose of the call. They seem to be calling the applicants that sat the TOEIC exam but not explaining much more.

Sorry AprilMaejon I don't know about that message.

jasper999
20th May 2014, 18:06
This could be the purpose of the call but I would have expected a face to face would be a fairer method of determining if an applicant were genuine.

"Applicants with an ETS language certificate will be subject to interview by UKVI to ensure thorough scrutiny."

Michael Parnham
21st May 2014, 05:43
A friend of mine from Dumaguete applied on the 28th of February, she already received a text saying "PROCESSED VISA APPLICATION __________ will be endorsed to courier 2GO EXPRESS ON 14th of May. For metro Manila delivery will be approximately 24-48 hours on working days, for provincial delivery in the city will be approximately 48 to 72 hours on working days and on remote areas approximately 1 week." She is still waiting until now.....

Does that text means her visa has been approved?

Looks that way! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweetlove
21st May 2014, 05:50
My fiancee received the call in the afternoon, but the signal was bad, she was at work, and she was also very nervous.

I don't understand the purpose of the call. They seem to be calling the applicants that sat the TOEIC exam but not explaining much more.

Sorry April Maejon, I don't know about that message.

Hello Jasper! Did they tell your fiancee how long she's expected to wait then? The British man told me to wait 2-3 days for the decision... I'm more nervous now!

jasper999
21st May 2014, 07:00
He didn't say, he just said that they would reach a decision soon.

Can you update us if you hear anything and I will do the same?

sweetlove
21st May 2014, 07:05
He didn't say, he just said that they would reach a decision soon.

Can you update us if you hear anything and I will do the same?

Ahhh..ok I will do update here and that's for sure. :) Good luck to both of us....

aprilmaejon
21st May 2014, 08:59
Looks that way!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My friend got her docs + *passport with the visa in *it today. :)

Baruk
21st May 2014, 09:11
My friend got her docs, passport with the visa in it today. :-)

Hi there Aprilmaejon. How long has your friend waited for the visa? Congrats to her.

aprilmaejon
21st May 2014, 09:28
Hi there Aprilmaejon. How long does your friend waited for the visa? Congrats to her.

12 weeks from the date of application which was the 28th of February.

Terpe
21st May 2014, 09:44
12 weeks from the date of application which was the 28th of February.

Always good to learn such info ......thanks.

Jentobeharrison
21st May 2014, 09:59
My friend got her docs, passport with the visa in it today. :-)

Did she also take TOEIC exam? My gosh, that TOEIC exam certificate is making me nervous. I hope they won't take it against us. I submitted my application april 2 2014, days before they announced that they will no longer accept TOEIC.

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

jasper999
21st May 2014, 10:05
Did she take the TOEIC exam Aprilmae?

Roselle
21st May 2014, 10:23
Hi Terpe, good day! I'm new here and been seacrhing for information about how to get the EEA family permit. I have read you have knowledge about it. Could you help me please? Thank you.

aprilmaejon
21st May 2014, 10:41
Did she also take TOEIC exam? My gosh, that TOEIC exam certificate is making me nervous. I hope they won't take it against us. I submitted my application april 2 2014, days before they announced that they will no longer accept TOEIC.

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

She took IELTS...not TOEIC I'm afraid.

jasper999
22nd May 2014, 12:41
No news yet.

deckard97f
22nd May 2014, 14:30
Do you think this English Exam will apply to minors?

My step children are aged 14 and 17, we applied on the 11th March and still not heard anything

Thanks

Baruk
22nd May 2014, 18:37
Do you think this English exam will apply to minors?
My step children are aged 14 and 17, we applied on the 11th March and still not heard anything

Thankss

Hi there Deckard, me and my daughter applied March 20, she's 8..I don't think they require IELTS from a minor. Still waiting as well. Pls update when you've heard something from them and I will do as well. Salamat po.

joebloggs
22nd May 2014, 20:45
Hi there Deckard, me and my daughter applied March 20, she's 8..I don't think they require IELTS from a minor.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Only for those over 18

deckard97f
23rd May 2014, 09:56
Just got this email

Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

I think that's a yes, my wife is not sure. :smile:

Arthur Little
23rd May 2014, 10:05
Just got this email

Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

It IS indeed ... congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweetlove
23rd May 2014, 10:06
Just got this email

I think that's a yes, my wife is not sure :smile:

Ohh congrats in advance! When did your wife lodged her visa? How long she's been waiting?

Terpe
23rd May 2014, 10:25
Just got this email

I also think it's a yes .................so many congratulations :Jump:

Strictly speaking don't open the champagne until the passport with visa is in the hand.

But I've never known anyone here get that message and not receive the visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
23rd May 2014, 12:11
Just got this email

Congratulations, another step forward! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
23rd May 2014, 12:53
Just got this email

Did your wife take TOEIC exam from Hopkins? If not, what kind of exam did she take?

Seriously, I want to hear someone who took TOEIC exam and got visa approved. Haaaay agony

raynaputi
23rd May 2014, 14:14
Just got this email

That's a YES! Congrats! :Jump:

deckard97f
23rd May 2014, 14:22
Thank you all.

Sorry the visa's are for my stepkids my wife is already here in the UK with me

She believes that we can't book the flights yet as they must register with the CFO Commission on Filipinos overseas and then to attend peer counselling program to help adjustment to new environment.

Is this true? Anybody have any experience of this, how long it takes, cost etc?

BTW The kids applied on the 11th March

I sent them an email yesterday, so not sure if it gave them a kick up the .... or just coincidence

Many thanks

Deck

Arthur Little
23rd May 2014, 14:47
Thank you all.

She believes that we can't book the flights yet as they must register with the CFO Commission on Filipinos overseas and then to attend peer counselling program to help adjustment to new environment.

Deck

:yeahthat:'s normally the procedure for Filipinos going to live abroad either long-term or permanently, Deck.

There again ... :anerikke: ... I'm not sure how (or to what extent) this ruling applies to youngsters under the age of eighteen, but I'm sure someone here who's been in this position will confirm.

aprilmaejon
23rd May 2014, 15:38

Is this true? Anybody have any experience of this, how long it takes, cost etc?

Deck

Open the link below, this will answer your questions about CFO.
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1378%3Apre-departure-registration-and-orientation-seminars&catid=145%3Aintegration-and-reintegration&Itemid=833

Baruk
26th May 2014, 01:23
Hi all��it's Monday and it's working day..hopefully we will get the good news that we've been waiting for..I'm so dying to be with my man.... Gob Bless us all..Good luck!

sweetlove
26th May 2014, 02:10
Hi all��it's Monday and it's working day..hopefully we will get the good news that we've been waiting for..I'm so dying to be with my man.... Gob Bless us all..Good luck!

That's right Baruk! God bless us all ..hope we can hear this week ..fingers crossed!!

DAnn
26th May 2014, 16:52
Hi guys! Has anyone here got their settlement/spouse visa in 2 months time? We applied 2 months ago and now still waiting. We know it can take up to 3 months so we are not worried. But just wondering if anyone has received visa in 2 months or maybe just a bit more or less? A part of me is hoping I would receive mine very soon and not have to wait for the end of the 3rd month. Oh can't wait! :Jump:

aprilmaejon
26th May 2014, 19:39
Hi guys! Has anyone here got their settlement/spouse visa in 2 months time? We applied 2 months ago and now still waiting. We know it can take up to 3 months so we are not worried. But just wondering if anyone has received visa in 2 months or maybe just a bit more or less? A part of me is hoping I would receive mine very soon and not have to wait for the end of the 3rd month. Oh can't wait! :Jump:

Yeah, I know quite few who got their spousal/fiancé visa in 2 months or less. Me myself got mine in less than a month...:smile:

marksroomspain
26th May 2014, 22:55

My wife exactly 8 weeks or 40 working days and she was 26 weeks pregnant at time of application.

Phew very short notice - she just managed to get here in time....:icon_lol:

DAnn
27th May 2014, 04:28
Yeah, I know quite few who got their spousal/fiancé visa in 2 months or less. Me myself got mine in less than a month...:smile:

Wow raynaputi! That's pretty quick! We hoped that that's what would happen to our application as we submitted complete documents and loads of photos and proof of continuous daily communication over the last 5 years. MY IELTS certificate was fresh, as in just a few days old when I submitted my application and so was my TB Test cert. Is there a way to track the spouse visa application status? I subscribed to the sms service from VFS but the last message/update I received from that service was on the same day when I lodged the docs and application which was about a couple of months ago now. It did let me know that my application was already in the decision making dep't. Not heard anything again up until now so far. I wish there was a tracking service so we are not left wondering. I think it is in human nature to be wondering when you know you are waiting for something and not knowing when the wait will end can be kind of emotionally and mentally stressful somehow. Hubby and I can't wait to start living our lives together! We have endured 5 years long of long distance relationship. I am sure we can do a few more days of being apart but hopefully not too long anymore. We are so full of hopes and dreams for the future together. And besides we are not getting any younger LOL

DAnn
27th May 2014, 04:41
My wife exactly 8 weeks or 40 working days and she was 26 weeks pregnant at time of application.

Phew very short notice - she just managed to get here in time....:icon_lol:

That was not so bad, marksroomspain! I am even more full of hope now that I read your post. My application has not reached 40 working days yet although the 30 working days mark has gone past without hearing good news. Still, 40 days is better than 60 days! The other thing that is making me anxious is that my parents are travelling first to the US very soon to visit my step brother and his family and then they have booked tickets to be in the UK by 2nd week of June. What if I am still here and they are already there? Hubby might feel awkward or uncomfortable without me there and just my parents with him and besides if that is what happened in the end, then Mum and Dad's purpose of visiting the UK would be defeated specially if they returned here in Manila and I am still here waiting for my visa! That would be both sad and funny at the same time.

Jentobeharrison
27th May 2014, 09:49
The reason why you aren't getting any SMS updates from UKVI it is because your application is still on queue which is the same as my situation. In order for you to track it, go to UKVI website and there will be an option there in what way you can contact them, you have to fill out and give some info then you can enquire what you want to know. In tracking, you just have to say that you want to know the status of your application by giving your application number which starts with GWF and they will reply to your e-mail one or two working days after you sent the enquiry :)

Jentobeharrison
27th May 2014, 09:53
Continue living your life and I know it is really crazy when you are waiting without any clues of what will happen next, but as long as you guys have definite plans, you will be good. Either way, worrying too much would not benefit us, save your emotions so you can cry when you are about to depart. Hihiihihi. Good luck to us

sweetlove
27th May 2014, 10:11
Hello Jasper, any news since UKVI contacted your wife? Me, still nothing I thought I can hear anything today because the British man told me I'll wait 2 -3 days since he spoke to me last May 20 but till now no news and it's my exactly 3months when I lodged my visa...

jasper999
27th May 2014, 12:07
Hello Sweetlove,

no news yet. Still waiting, it will be 62 days on Thursday
- excluding holidays and weekends.

It must be very soon now, maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

sweetlove
27th May 2014, 12:42
Hello Sweetlove,

no news yet. Still waiting, it will be 62 days on Thursday
- excluding holidays and weekends.

It must be very soon now, maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

And I am 59 working days now excluding holiday and weekends. ... Ohh my god! Yeah, hopefully we can hear good news soon ... fingers crossed

Michael Parnham
27th May 2014, 16:46
I've never once given it a thought about counting days towards waiting for anything! :Erm:

Baruk
27th May 2014, 17:16
Been waiting for 45 working days.. This is so stressful.. So want to go to England and plan for my wedding while it's summer..don't like to have a winter wedding.

aprilmaejon
27th May 2014, 17:27
Been waiting for 45 working days.. This is so stressful.. So want to go to England and plan for my wedding while it's summer...

It is what it is love, when you arrive here in England, you will feel like wanting to go back to Philippines because of the weather...so I would say, enjoy much of the sun while you are there and with your family, because when you arrive here, it's gonna be different and you will be miles miles miles away from them not unless if you can afford to go back there in every 3 months or less. Stop stressing yourself with the waiting stage of the visa, instead, enjoy Philippines while you are still there,,,besides you will be staying here more than you will stay there anyway, right?

marksroomspain
27th May 2014, 17:50
It is what it is love, when you arrive here in England, you will feel like wanting to go back to Philippines because of the weather...so I would say, enjoy much of the sun while you are there and with your family, because when you arrive here, it's gonna be different and you will be miles miles miles away from them not unless if you can afford to go back there in every 3 months or less. Stop stressing yourself with the waiting stage of the visa, instead, enjoy Philippines while you are still there,,,besides you will be staying here more than you will stay there anyway, right?

It funny because my wife loves the UK weather, with the changing seasons and all that she actually come back from the Phils after a 6 week vacation and was so glad to come home as the heat, humidity and congestion was making her feel rather ill out there.

I suppose she has really settled now after 18 months here which I am glad as she went through the home sickness phase ect also she gets to see her family back in the Phils for quite a long vacation every year and I know she's never been happier than she is now.

Anyway to all the guys on this thread I along with many of the other forum members will keep my fingers crossed for a very positive outcome and hope you all receive the golden visa soon and a forthcoming life here in the beautiful UK.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aprilmaejon
27th May 2014, 19:07
I am actually more acclimatised here now than in the Philippines marksroomspain. I actually developed some facial rashes when I was there a month ago and I don't like getting too much sun on my skin as well. I love the 4 climatic seasons here in the UK, and every bit of the UK, it's just that I don't have my family here...I mean my immediate family. It would be an icing on a cake if I have them all here with me.

raynaputi
27th May 2014, 19:27
Weather in the UK for me :thumbsdown:.

Michael Parnham
27th May 2014, 19:48
Weather in the UK for me :thumbsdown:.

You'll adapt to the weather in time, how many times have you returned to Philippines Rayna?

marksroomspain
27th May 2014, 20:36
I know how you feel aprilmaejon sometimes I feel sorry for my wife with her been so far apart from her loved ones thats why I always give her support and time to go back when she wants also she speaks almost on a daily basis to them.

In the future my plans are to move permantly to Spain hence my name sake on here I have a lot of ties with that country and find it so beautiful.

Also I have told my wife if her parents would like to relocate there in the future the option is always open and a lot easier for them to achieve that.

Links between Spain and the Philippines means that they can become Spanish citizens after 2 years living there and not the notorious and virtually impossible move to the UK following rule changes.....:cwm25:

raynaputi
27th May 2014, 21:39
You'll adapt to the weather in time, how many times have you returned to Philippines Rayna?

I've been here 2 yrs and 6 months and still don't like the weather. I've adapted to it already but still don't like the fact that it's colder than it's warmer. I would always prefer tropical weather than cold and very windy that the UK has. I've been to the Philippines just once since I got here. :thumbsdown:

joebloggs
27th May 2014, 21:51
I've been here 2 yrs and 6 months and still don't like the weather. I've adapted to it already but still don't like the fact that it's colder than it's warmer. I would always prefer tropical weather than cold and very windy that the UK has. I've been to the Philippines just once since I got here. :thumbsdown:

I can't stand the heat in the Phils :NoNo:, makes me want to :NEW5: all the time, nothing wrong with the weather here :biggrin:, took the kids to Blackpool yesterday and last Sunday and got sunburnt both times :icon_lol:

raynaputi
27th May 2014, 22:51
I can't stand the heat in the Phils :NoNo:, makes me want to :NEW5: all the time, nothing wrong with the weather here :biggrin:, took the kids to Blackpool yesterday and last Sunday and got sunburnt both times :icon_lol:

The cold makes me want to :NEW5: all the time! :icon_lol:

Baruk
27th May 2014, 23:46
Don't get me wrong, I do like the weather in the UK, I was there during summer and winter. I don't like my wedding to be in winter is that, my wedding will be by the bay, and travel wise it gets really icy on the road don't want to be stranded. It will be a bit of drive from church to the hotel. That is just my concern. In fact I do love weather in UK than in Phil.

Michael Parnham
28th May 2014, 05:45
The cold makes me want to :NEW5: all the time! :icon_lol:

After you've lived here 10 years or more then go to Philippines, that's when you will find it too hot, dusty and noisy among many other things and you'll want to come back here. I'm saying this because of the hundred of British Filipina that have lived here 10 years or more have told me these things, also they all say the air is nice and fresh Here!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
28th May 2014, 08:40
After you've lived here 10 years or more then go to Philippines, that's when you will find it too hot, dusty and noisy among many other things and you'll want to come back here. I'm saying this because of the hundred of British Filipina that have lived here 10 years or more have told me these things, also they all say the air is nice and fresh Here!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lol...weather in the Philippines won't make me choose to go back here than spend more holiday time there..:icon_lol: I'm very much used to the weather there that my body is resisting the weather here. :icon_lol: I didn't even complain about it last time I was there, just the thought of going back here. I really hate the cold here.

Michael Parnham
28th May 2014, 14:44
Lol...weather in the Philippines won't make me choose to go back here than spend more holiday time there..:icon_lol: I'm very much used to the weather there that my body is resisting the weather here. :icon_lol: I didn't even complain about it last time I was there, just the thought of going back here. I really hate the cold here.

Bless you Rayna!

raynaputi
28th May 2014, 14:51
Bless you Rayna!

Hahaha...but seriously, I'm used to the weather here now. But getting used to it doesn't mean I like it. I just couldn't be bothered most of the time now coz the weather here will never change. But I will not stop wishing to be in a place where it's always hot/warm and sunny, instead of being here in cold, damp, windy and wet UK. :bigcry:

deckard97f
29th May 2014, 09:37
So my step-kids got their visas (physically) this morning hurrah

However it says on the passport Indefinite leave to enter, whereas my wife who is already here has IL to remain

Does anyone know what the difference is

Thanks in advance

DECK

aprilmaejon
29th May 2014, 10:23

However it says on the passport Indefinite leave to enter, whereas my wife who is already here has IL to remain

Thanks in advance

DECK

I don't know about this matter but I guess because the mother is already in Indefinte so as the children as well....maybe that is how it rolls!

Anyway, I'm sure that other expert members here will respond to your question with a definite answer very soon...

Guys? What do you think? Am I right or definitely wrong? :biggrin::Rasp::cwm3:

Terpe
29th May 2014, 13:13

Thanks in advance

DECK

ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) and ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) are in-principle both allowing the very same visa conditions once the holder arrives to UK, so don't be concerned about that.

The difference is solely 'visa-technical' in that ILR can only be officially issued within UK
whereas
ILE can only be issued outside UK in line with 'standard' Entry Clearance condition such as validity dates and expiry date.

Quite a few people with ILE actually apply for a No Time Limit endorsement (NTL) and this is very clear to employers that a right to work is granted. That ILE will show an expiry date and this can present potential employers with a challenge.

Look here at this link (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-transfer-indefinite-leave-to-remain-in-uk-form-ntl) to see how to apply for NTL endorsement.

Be aware there is a yet another hefty charge of £104 for this.

Hope that clarifies the difference for you.

Arthur Little
29th May 2014, 18:31
I really hate the cold here.

Rayna :icon_rolleyes: ... I'd been going to say, "if guinea pigs *hibernated :NEW5: during the UK's :freezin: cold winter months then you could've followed the example of yours". :wink:

But I've since read they *don't. :smile:

Michael Parnham
29th May 2014, 19:50
Hahaha...but seriously, I'm used to the weather here now. But getting used to it doesn't mean I like it. I just couldn't be bothered most of the time now coz the weather here will never change. But I will not stop wishing to be in a place where it's always hot/warm and sunny, instead of being here in cold, damp, windy and wet UK. :bigcry:

You know Rayna, when my generation were kids, the seasons more or less fell into place on a very regular basis and we really used to look forward to the change of seasons especially after a hot long summer. It was the time we used to look forward to Bonfire night, Christmas, playing in the snow then the chocolate Easter Eggs and after that warmer weather and Summer Holidays. It all seems to have gone wrong somehow!:Erm:

sweetlove
30th May 2014, 10:10
Hello jasper! Any news? Did you wife get a result already ? Me still nothing ... Till nextweek again :(

Baruk
30th May 2014, 10:50
Hello jasper! Any news? Did you wife get a result already ? Me still nothing ... Till nextweek again :(

Hi there sweetlove.. I thought they already replied to you its been a week since they called you. Good luck though till next week again eh

jasper999
30th May 2014, 18:00
Hi Sweetlove,

Sorry, no news here as well!

Another week to wait.

Our thread got hijacked by the weather girls haha

jasper999
30th May 2014, 18:20
If they don't issue the visa, my fiancée needs her passport back so that we can go to Thailand or Singapore on holiday!

So I would like to have some decision sooner rather than later.

Not too unreasonable based on how much time they have had and how much the visa process service costs.

DAnn
31st May 2014, 00:59
The reason why you aren't getting any SMS updates from UKVI it is because your application is still on queue which is the same as my situation. In order for you to track it, go to UKVI website and there will be an option there in what way you can contact them, you have to fill out and give some info then you can enquire what you want to know. In tracking, you just have to say that you want to know the status of your application by giving your application number which starts with GWF and they will reply to your e-mail one or two working days after you sent the enquiry :)

Hi Jentobeharrison! Thanks for the tip on how to track status of my visa application. Would you happen to have a page link to where we can find out how to contact them? Thank you in advance!

sweetlove
31st May 2014, 11:00
Hi Sweetlove,

Sorry, no news here as well!

Another week to wait.

Our thread got hijacked by the weather girls haha

Yeah that's right .another week of waiting yeah. . Emailed the help last night about the status of application and it's says "the decsion of an in application was delayed for further on inquery conducted " god what kind of inquiry they are doing ,or they contact my sponsor employer, I hope it just my English test causing the delayed , :(

Jentobeharrison
31st May 2014, 11:15
Hi Jentobeharrison! Thanks for the tip on how to track status of my visa application. Would you happen to have a page link to where we can find out how to contact them? Thank you in advance!

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Just follow the instructions

Jentobeharrison
31st May 2014, 11:18
Yeah that's right .another week of waiting yeah. . Emailed the help last night about the status of application and it's says "the decsion of an in application was delayed for further on inquery conducted " god what kind of inquiry they are doing ,or they contact my sponsor employer, I hope it just my English test causing the delayed , :(

Honestly, I'll be really devastated if they will put my visa on hold just because of their issue with TOEIC English test because it is not the applicant's fault especially if one took the exam prior to their announcement. Eeerrr :cwm23:

Jentobeharrison
31st May 2014, 11:19
As my question to previous thread may I know where I can take another English test? Aside from IELTS?

jasper999
31st May 2014, 13:36

thanks for the info swee5tlove, could I ask if you can cut and paste the reply here as what you have written doesn't make sense?

Thanks

jasper999
31st May 2014, 14:00
As my question to previous thread may I know where I can take another English test? Aside from IELTS?

Why not IELTS?

Jentobeharrison
31st May 2014, 20:10
Why not IELTS?

Because it's expensive

aprilmaejon
31st May 2014, 21:29
Jen,

I have done a little bit of a research about acceptable English Exams there in the Philippines, but the search engine always give me IELTS and TOEIC/TOEFL only. Both of them cost almost the same and as you may have known already, UK Home office suspended any ETS recognized English test TOEFL & TOEIC as approved English language qualification for immigrants in UK. So I guess that leaves you no other choice but to take the IELTS. I know that it cost a lot of money but in just one take I'm sure you'll get a score beyond what the home office requires you for the current visa you are applying. You will be alright.

Good luck anyway. God speed! :smile:

Jentobeharrison
1st June 2014, 01:45
Jen,

I have done a little bit of a research about acceptable English Exams there in the Philippines, but the search engine always give me IELTS and TOEIC/TOEFL only. Both of them cost almost the same and as you may have known already, UK Home office suspended any ETS recognized English test TOEFL & TOEIC as approved English language qualification for immigrants in UK. So I guess that leaves you no other choice but to take the IELTS. I know that it cost a lot of money but in just one take I'm sure you'll get a score beyond what the home office requires you for the current visa you are applying. You will be alright.

Good luck anyway. God speed! :smile:

Hello Love,

I have just seen the website of IELTS and it says there:

"The deadline for submission of application is set three weeks prior to a certain test date."

I am afraid because my visa result might come this month or July, I wouldn't know if I will be able to take the exam if I will apply for it. I am really scared that Embassy might ask for another exam and place my visa on hold, gosh it will take time. :| :cwm25:

aprilmaejon
1st June 2014, 10:11
I submitted my application april 2 2014, days before they announced that they will no longer accept TOEIC.

Up to 5 April 2014 TOEIC certificates issued outside of UK remained acceptable to UKVI for submission of UK Visa Entry Clearance application.
We are all still awaiting for clarification on the suspension of the licence of ETS on visa applications.
Personally my best guess is that all visa applications already submitted up to April 17 will be accepted......but my best guess doesn't help. We just wait......
We do know that TOIEC testing is no longer available (or valid) from 6 April 2014

(Based on my research) Updates on TOEFL/TOEIC test:

Updated 19 May 2014

The Home Office suspended the use of TOEFL/TOEIC for visa purposes back in February, and a further announcment was made since then.TOEFL/TOEIC cannot be accepted as a test of English for the visa purposes, unless the test was taken on or before 17 April, outside the UK. TOEFL/TOEIC tests taken after this date, and those which have been taken in the UK, will not be accepted.

Your application will be fine Jen...You took the exam and applied for your visa before April 17, and you are outside the UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Best of luck friend!

Terpe
1st June 2014, 10:14

There's a limited number of UKVI Approved English Language Test providers.
Cambridge and Pearson are both UKVI approved SELT providers.

Pearson have their PTE tests (Pearson Test of English)
Here's their website (http://www.pearsonpte.com/Pages/Home.aspx)
I've a feeling that Manila may be their only testing centre. Worth checking though.

Cambridge offer a significant number of different tests with different ranges and levels etc.
Here's their website ([URL="http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-qualifications/)

Here are the different tests (all UKVI approved):-

Cambridge English: Key (KET)
Cambridge English: Preliminary English Test (PET)
Cambridge English: First Certificate in English (FCE)
Cambridge English: Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
Cambridge English: Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
Cambridge English: Business English Certificate Preliminary (BEC Preliminary)
Cambridge English: Business English Certificate Vantage (BEC Vantage)
Cambridge English: Business English Certificate Higher (BEC Higher)
Cambridge English: International Legal English Certificate (ILEC)
Cambridge English: International Certificate in Financial English (ICFE)
BULATS (Business Language Testing Service)
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)

You'd need to talk with them to find out about prices, test centres and availability.

Hope it's useful :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
1st June 2014, 10:21
(Based on my research) Updates on TOEFL/TOEIC test:

Updated 19 May 2014

The Home Office suspended the use of TOEFL/TOEIC for visa purposes back in February, and a further announcment was made since then.TOEFL/TOEIC cannot be accepted as a test of English for the visa purposes, unless the test was taken on or before 17 April, outside the UK. TOEFL/TOEIC tests taken after this date, and those which have been taken in the UK, will not be accepted.

Your application will be fine Jen...You took the exam and applied for your visa before April 17, and you are outside the UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Best of luck friend!

Thank you, my problem is what if my visa get approved and I need to apply for FLR what am I going to submit?

Jentobeharrison
1st June 2014, 10:23
There's a limited number of UKVI Approved English Language Test providers.
Cambridge and Pearson are both UKVI approved SELT providers.

Pearson have their PTE tests (Pearson Test of English)
Here's their website (http://www.pearsonpte.com/Pages/Home.aspx)
I've a feeling that Manila may be their only testing centre. Worth checking though.

Cambridge offer a significant number of different tests with different ranges and levels etc.
Here's their website ([URL="http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-qualifications/)

Here are the different tests (all UKVI approved):-

Cambridge English: Key (KET)
Cambridge English: Preliminary English Test (PET)
Cambridge English: First Certificate in English (FCE)
Cambridge English: Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
Cambridge English: Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
Cambridge English: Business English Certificate Preliminary (BEC Preliminary)
Cambridge English: Business English Certificate Vantage (BEC Vantage)
Cambridge English: Business English Certificate Higher (BEC Higher)
Cambridge English: International Legal English Certificate (ILEC)
Cambridge English: International Certificate in Financial English (ICFE)
BULATS (Business Language Testing Service)
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)

You'd need to talk with them to find out about prices, test centres and availability.

Hope it's useful :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Sir, I checked the first link and pte has no testing centre here in manila. Second link isn't working. IELTS might be the last option

aprilmaejon
1st June 2014, 10:36
Thank you, my problem is what if my visa get approved and I need to apply for flr, what am I going to submit

You will have 6 months on your fiancé visa and you know that right? If you are in doubt about the validity of your TOEIC certificate for your FLR application, then you can take IELTS or different approved English exam here in the UK(as you may know already, there's plenty). You can perhaps take the exam when you arrive here so you will no longer cram when you are close to your FLR application. Okay? :smile:

Terpe
1st June 2014, 10:37
Thank you, my problem is what if my visa get approved and I need to apply for flr, what am I going to submit?

You really need to ask UKVI about that as there's still no official Press Release

Jentobeharrison
1st June 2014, 11:10
You will have 6 months on your fiancé visa and you know that right? If you are in doubt about the validity of your TOEIC certificate for your FLR application, then you can take IELTS or different approved English exam here in the UK(as you may know already, there's plenty). You can perhaps take the exam when you arrive here so you will no longer cram when you are close to your FLR application. Okay? :smile:

Yup but on fiancée visa, I am not allowed to work and to study right

Jentobeharrison
1st June 2014, 11:11
Hi Terpe, I asked them about it and they just replied with my second question which is the status of my visa application

aprilmaejon
1st June 2014, 11:35
Yup but on fiancée visa, I am not allowed to work and to study right

That's right, but you can still take an exam. I believe that studying for the English exam for you is not necessary. Your English is pretty good :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:,

Or maybe take the IELTS over there before flying to the UK?:Erm:

Terpe
1st June 2014, 11:48
Thanks Sir, I checked the first link and pte has no testing centre here in manila

Pearson Test centre Makati (https://plus.google.com/105178523100969138520/about?gl=uk&hl=en#105178523100969138520/about?gl=uk&hl=en)

Terpe
1st June 2014, 12:09
Thanks Sir, I checked the first link and pte has no testing centre here in manila. Second link isn't working. IELTS might be the last option

Cambridge English here (http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/)

aprilmaejon
1st June 2014, 12:27
Pearson Test centre Makati (https://plus.google.com/105178523100969138520/about?gl=uk&hl=en#105178523100969138520/about?gl=uk&hl=en)

That one too Jen...

Baruk
2nd June 2014, 07:28
Hi there Jasper999 and sweetlove any news??

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 08:57
Hi baruk

Still no news for us

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 09:27
Hi there Jasper999 and sweetlove any news??

Hiya baruk still no news for me also :( so anxious now

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 12:10
We got this afternoon. It looks positive. (We also took the TOEIC)

raynaputi
2nd June 2014, 12:19

That's it! You got the visa! Congrats! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 12:20
I think we can go on Thursday if it is 3 days to collect from :-

VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc.,
Mezzanine Floor Unit M01, Ecoplaza Building,
2305 Pasong Tamo Extension Makati City, Metro Manila 1231

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 12:21
Thanks for everyone's help here. Hope I didn't offend anyone as I was getting so stressed.

Michael Parnham
2nd June 2014, 12:26
Thanks for everyone's help here. Hope I didn't offend anyone as I was getting so stressed.

Don't worry, Congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
2nd June 2014, 12:45
Wow!! Was it spouse or fiancée? Keep us updated! :)

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 12:47

Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI........ Same messages a got jasper wow so happy for both of us .the waiting is all worth it

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 12:49
I just got same message when I checked my email just right now wow so happy... Thank you so much Lord ...

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 13:23
Congratulations,
When will you collect?

This was for fiance.

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 13:27
Maybe Wednesday Jasper... I am spouse visa ..congratulations to you also ... I am so happy :Jump:

raynaputi
2nd June 2014, 13:51
I just got same message when I checked my email just right now wow so happy... Thank you so much lord ...

Congrats to you as well! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 14:02
That's mam raynaputi ...

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 14:07
Sweetlove, how about your seminar and sticker? Did you book that already?

When will you fly and where in the UK are you going to settle?

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 14:19
I need to wait my visa first jasper and then I need to find out if I'm going to book an appoitment for CFO. I maybe flight end of this month it depends the price of the ticket, my husband is from Croydon. Is the tb test of your fiancé expired already? Because mine just expired last may 30 . I don't know if I take another test .. .

Baruk
2nd June 2014, 14:44

Congratulations.. I'm happy for you

Baruk
2nd June 2014, 14:47
I just got same message when I checked my email just right now wow so happy... Thank you so much lord ...

Congratulations.. Finally! I'm happy for you.. Can you guys post your timeline pls

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 14:51
Congratulations.. Finally! I'm happy for you.. Can you guys post your timeline pls.. Thanks baruk .. You will be the next ...

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 14:58
My timeline: online application 24/02/2014..submitted to vfs:27/02/2014.. Received email form embassy that application is under processed 03/03/2014..received call from ukba about English test 20/04/2014.. Received email that visa is ready to despatched shortly 02/06/2014..

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 15:03
My fiance Tb expires on July 10.

Maybe you two can travel together haha

Jentobeharrison
2nd June 2014, 15:21

It's my second month now. Oh it looks like my results will come up in the next month lol. Congrats guys!!! Happy for you!!!

Jasper, please update me about the exam as I am under fiancée visa and took TOEIC exam too! I don't know what has to be done in applying for the next visa in UK if TOEIC won't be accepted anymore

Terpe
2nd June 2014, 15:25

Hi Jasper, that's a typical automated message when visa is granted so well done and congratulations.
To be 100% certain just hold off on opening the champagne until the passport and visa is in hand. But to be honest I've never known anyone on here to receive that message in error.

:Jump:

Terpe
2nd June 2014, 15:28

So congratulations and well done to you too sweetlove :Jump:

Wow!! two approvals in the same day for Filipino UK members ....that's a record surely:icon_lol:

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 15:51
So congratulations and well done to you too sweetlove :Jump:

Wow!! two approvals in the same day for Filipino UK members ....that's a record surely:icon_lol:-- thanks you so sir terpe, you helped me alots also when I am gathering my documents .sir? Do you think I'm going to take another tb test mine just expired last may 30 and I'm planing to fly end of this month..

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 15:53

Hehehe yeah that would be nice to fly with someone,but stil searching a cheap flight.. What place is you fiancé here in phils? I'm from Davao

Terpe
2nd June 2014, 16:06
-- thanks you so sir terpe, you helped me alots also when I am gathering my documents .sir? Do you think I'm going to take another tb test mine just expired last may 30 and I'm planing to fly end of this month..

Hi sweetlove,
That won't be necessary to re-take another TB test.

Here's a confirmation I received from UKVI

Dear Mr Savil

Thank you for your email.

The TB certificate needs to be valid at time of application to show that the applicant is free from TB. It doesn’t need to be renewed before they travel to the UK. As long as it is valid when they apply. We hope this clarifies your concern.

Yours sincerely

Ms V Lee

Entry Clearance Assistant
Correspondence Team, Manila Visa Hub
UK Visas and Immigration

sweetlove
2nd June 2014, 16:42
Hi sweetlove,
That won't be necessary to re-take another TB test.

Here's a confirmation I received from UKVI
Ohh thanks you much sir terpe... So it's ok for me to fly ...

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 17:17
It's my second month now. Oh it looks like my results will come up in the next month lol. Congrats guys!!! Happy for you!!!

Jasper, please update me about the exam as I am under fiancée visa and took TOEIC exam too! I don't know what has to be done in applying for the next visa in UK if TOEIC won't be accepted anymore

I will just wait and take my fiance to take the IELTS test here in the UK, if necessary. I will try to find out first if it is necessary because they haven't made it clear.

Terpe
2nd June 2014, 17:19
Ohh thanks you much sir terpe... So it's ok for me to fly ...

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:airline:

Don't forget your CFO seminar and Passport Sticker.....
CFO Manila has now implemented online appointment booking

Take a look at this forum thread:-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/52243-CFO-Manila-On-Line-Appointments-System-Fiancé(e)’s-and-Spouses

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 17:20
Hehehe yeah that would be nice to fly with someone,but stil searching a cheap flight.. What place is you fiancé here in phils? I'm from Davao

She is from zamboanga, but staying in Manila. Cathay is a good flight via Hong Kong with a short stop over.

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 17:24
Many thanks

aprilmaejon
2nd June 2014, 18:08
Many Congratulations on your approved visas Jasper and Sweetlove.....well done to both of you:smile:

jane2009
2nd June 2014, 18:37
Well done you two :smile: I saw philippines airline by the end of this month direct flight fof £316, I think thats a good dea

aprilmaejon
2nd June 2014, 18:45
£316? Wow! That's a very good price for a direct flight!

jane2009
2nd June 2014, 18:52
£316? Wow! That's a very good price for a direct flight!

Yes dear! Sweetlove is my sister, lol.. I'm looking a cheapest ticket for her! I found this in Skyscanner.

jasper999
2nd June 2014, 19:07
It looks like a direct flight from Manila to London, I didn't know that they were available?

aprilmaejon
2nd June 2014, 19:34
It looks like a direct flight from Manila to London, I didn't know that they were available?

Just recently made available... :smile:

sweetlove
3rd June 2014, 00:10

Many thanks everyone, it would db easy to your fiancée to get CFO Jasper because she's in Manila now, but it think I'm going to get in Cebu because there are fewer people attending seminar there ...

Baruk
3rd June 2014, 01:53
Many thanks everyone, it would be easy for your fiancée to get CFO Jasper because she's in Manila now, but it think I'm going to get in Cebu because there are fewer people attending seminar there ...

I took CFO Seminar here in Cebu. You have to be there early and bring the docs with you, expect to spend your whole day there.

cherrieclifford
3rd June 2014, 03:54
Wow!

Congratulations to both of you. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks for the update about your timelines, I'm constantly reading this thread.

I'm getting more anxious waiting here. Hopefully I'll get an answer from them on July.

mendoza82
3rd June 2014, 05:26
A massive congratulations to both of you, well done!! :smile:

aprilmaejon
3rd June 2014, 07:10
I took CFO seminar here in Cebu. You have to be there early and bring the docs with you, expect to spend your whole day there.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
As in early...during my time, I went there 6 in the morning.

...and make sure to know every important bits of information about your partner like mothers maiden name,...be prepared for a 1-2-1 interview.

blessed_ekim0826
3rd June 2014, 08:51
My fiance received the call in the afternoon, but the signal was bad, she was at work, and she was also very nervous.

Sorry AprilMaejon I don't know about that message.

I've got a call this afternoon from embassy and I'm not sure if h ise satisfied with my english because I was shaking and heart beats so fast. I dont know if I passed or not. He said they will make decision by this week. Fingers crosses!!!!!

Terpe
3rd June 2014, 09:33
I've got a call this afternoon from embassy and I'm not sure if h ise satisfied with my english because I was shaking and heart beats so fast. I dont know if I passed or not. He said they will make decision by this week. Fingers crosses!!!!!

We're all supporting you and hope you managed to convince UKVI......
UKVI have to call just check you can actually understand and speak English.......Try to think positive.

blessed_ekim0826
3rd June 2014, 09:48
We're all supporting you and hope you managed to convince UKVI......
UKVI have to call just check you can actually understand and speak English.......Try to think positive.

I understand him well but I wasn't able to answer him well because was having a panic attack. Is it possible that they will deny my application just bec how I response with the call?
I tried to think positive but I can't help my negativity.

Baruk
3rd June 2014, 10:10
Hi there mike_steve may know when did you apply to vfs.

blessed_ekim0826
3rd June 2014, 10:57
Hi there mike_steve may know when did you apply to vfs.

I have lodged my application on 26th of February.

tiger31
3rd June 2014, 15:31

Have you lived together for 2 years or more? As that is a requirement for settlement visa.

aprilmaejon
3rd June 2014, 15:44

Is it a spousal visa mike_steve?

raynaputi
3rd June 2014, 15:59
have you lived together for 2 years or more ? as that is a requirement for settlement visa.

:Erm:

I don't think he needs to live together with his partner for 2 years to get a proposed civil partnership visa. It's just like getting a fiance(e) visa, but for the same sex.

blessed_ekim0826
3rd June 2014, 16:01
have you lived together for 2 years or more ? as that is a requirement for settlement visa.

We don't have to live for 2 yrs to be qualified for the settlement visa. I am applying same as Fiancee visa.:smile:

blessed_ekim0826
3rd June 2014, 16:02
Is it a spousal visa mike_steve?

I am applying proposed civil partnership visa same as Fiancee.

aprilmaejon
3rd June 2014, 16:02

False if spousal,fiancé visa.... I have a friend who married her husband after 6 months of dating (3 months on chat, then the man came over to Philippines to meet her, came back to England to gather some requirements for the visa, then came back to Philippines to get married...spousal visa granted in 2 weeks!

True if settlement(M) ILR.

blessed_ekim0826
3rd June 2014, 16:03
:Erm:

I don't think he needs to live together with his partner for 2 years to get a proposed civil partnership visa. It's just like getting a fiance(e) visa, but for the same sex.

Thanks Rayna

blessed_ekim0826
3rd June 2014, 16:06
False if spousal,fiancé visa.... I have a friend who married her husband after 6 months of dating (3 months on chat, then the man came over to Philippines to meet her, came back to England to gather some requirements for the visa, then came back to Philippines to get married...spousal visa granted in 2 weeks!

True if settlement(M) ILR.

I think tiger was thinking if I am applying for Same Sex Visa coz u have to live together at least 2 yrs for that kind of visa.:smile:

raynaputi
3rd June 2014, 16:09
I think Tiger is talking about the Unmarried Partner Visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aprilmaejon
3rd June 2014, 16:11

:Cuckoo: alright... :smile:

blessed_ekim0826
3rd June 2014, 16:21

Is it possible that they will deny my application just bec how I responded with the call? :smile:

melovesengland
3rd June 2014, 18:53
They shouldn't expect everybody they called to answer fluently in English or let's say perfect in English.

I would say that if you manage to answer all their queries, then I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Keep being positive. Let us know how it went. Good luck!

Arthur Little
4th June 2014, 02:18

Your *visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI

:yeahthat:'s *it, Joe ... your partner's application has been successful!

Congratulaions in advance. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th June 2014, 02:27

:Jump: ... likewise!

Congratulations to you as well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th June 2014, 02:32
Phew! :icon_rolleyes: ... thank God things are moving at last!

blessed_ekim0826
4th June 2014, 05:54
I've got an email saying that "Your visa will be dispatched shortly". Is it good news?!!!!! :smile:

SimonH
4th June 2014, 05:56
Congrats :smile:

sweetlove
4th June 2014, 05:56
hello everyone ....i received my passport now with visa on it ..for those who still waiting just keep your fingers cross and always think positive.... thank you so much everyone special to sir terpe and to my sister jane2009 for introducing me on this forum...xxx

aprilmaejon
4th June 2014, 07:17
I've got an email saying that " Your visa will be dispatched shortly". Is it good news?!!!!!:smile:

That is GOOD NEWS! Congratulations....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
4th June 2014, 07:30
I've got an email saying that " Your visa will be dispatched shortly". Is it good news?!!!!!:smile:

Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
4th June 2014, 07:30

Hi, I am also under fiancee visa but I lodged mine April 2, 2014 so it looks like that I will be waiting until the next month for the result, fiance pressuring me too much so I had to be quiet to him.

Did you take TOEIC exam?

I am seeing lots of good news, hoping for a good news too! Quite amazed that a day can change anyone's life.

Baruk
4th June 2014, 07:57

Congrats

blessed_ekim0826
4th June 2014, 08:05
Hi, I am also under fiancee visa but I lodged mine April 2, 2014 so it looks like that I will be waiting until the next month for the result, fiance pressuring me too much so I had to be quiet to him.

Did you take TOEIC exam?

I am seeing lots of good news, hoping for a good news too! Quite amazed that a day can change anyone's life.

Yes I took Toeic. You have to get ready with their call.

Baruk
4th June 2014, 08:09
Yes I took Toeic. You have to get ready with their call.

What sorts of questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking though

blessed_ekim0826
4th June 2014, 08:34
What sorts of questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking though

Its just basic questions like employment, trip abroad and visa category. I was really worried with how I answered him on phone coz of adrenaline.:smile:

raynaputi
4th June 2014, 08:38

That's it! Congrats! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Baruk
4th June 2014, 08:42
Its just basic questions like employment, trip abroad and visa category. I was really worried with how I answered him on phone coz of adrenaline.:smile:

I hope they will call me any day now.. Seems like they will call first before they give decision eh.. I'm glad you are done with this waiting game.. I'm praying and hoping to read that email ASAP so I can give the good news to my fiancé. I am happy for you:smile::smile:

Jentobeharrison
4th June 2014, 08:56
Should we say Fiancee visa if they will ask us about category? or "Settlement visa" is more appropriate? Lol. Just curious haha

aprilmaejon
4th June 2014, 08:58
Should we say Fiancee visa if they will ask us about category? or "Settlement visa" is more appropriate? Lol. Just curious haha

I would say fiancé visa or marriage visa is more specific... Settlement visa is like a broad term, can be fiancé, spousal, FLR or ILR...

blessed_ekim0826
4th June 2014, 09:02
I did say both. LOL

Mrmlea
4th June 2014, 09:55
Phew!!! The long wait is over. My wife just received an email from UKVI "Your visa will be despatched (sic) shortly. " :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

She applied for her spouse visa on on 18th March (VFS appointment) so by my reckoning that is 52 working days - a bit better than around 64 that other people have reported.

Interestingly, I did send an email query on the UKVI website on Monday, and got a reply yesterday saying:

"I have checked your visa application status, your application was received on 20 March but has not been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer yet. We normally will process: 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date."

Then the next day it is granted. Coincidence? Maybe - but it certainly didn't do any harm emailing them.

Her English exam was Cambridge KET which she did in the UK while she was here on a visitors visa last summer. So she wasn't affected by the TOEIC debacle, and had no phone call from UKVI.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this forum. Although I haven't posted much, reading it was a great help for information during the application process, and also a great moral support during the long wait.

Congratulations to all those who recently get their visas and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Martin & Aileen.

Terpe
4th June 2014, 10:10

Sincere congratulations and very well done :Jump:

Truly wonderful news ........... soon be enjoying life in England. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th June 2014, 10:15
Phew!!! The long wait is over. My wife just received an email from UKVI "Your visa will be despatched (sic) shortly. " :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

She applied for her spouse visa on on 18th March (VFS appointment) so by my reckoning that is 52 working days - a bit better than around 64 that other people have reported.

Interestingly, I did send an email query on the UKVI website on Monday, and got a reply yesterday saying:

"I have checked your visa application status, your application was received on 20 March but has not been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer yet. We normally will process: 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date."

Then the next day it is granted. Coincidence? Maybe - but it certainly didn't do any harm emailing them.

Her English exam was Cambridge KET which she did in the UK while she was here on a visitors visa last summer. So she wasn't affected by the TOEIC debacle, and had no phone call from UKVI.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this forum. Although I haven't posted much, reading it was a great help for information during the application process, and also a great moral support during the long wait.

Congratulations to all those who recently get their visas and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Martin & Aileen.

Many congratulations and well done to you both Martin and Aileen :Jump:

It's a wonderful feeling to know that new chapter in life has now begun :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
4th June 2014, 10:20
Get your stuff ready and goodbye philippines..congratulations

Baruk
4th June 2014, 12:44

Martin & Aileen.

Wow! Another visa granted. Me and daughter lodge our application March 20, so hopefully they will email me pretty soon now. Congratulations I am happy for you :smile:

jasper999
4th June 2014, 12:46
My fiancée picked up her visa today!

The flight is booked (philippines airlines) and the CFO appointment is booked for Friday.

Baruk
4th June 2014, 12:52

The flight is booked (philippines airlines) and the CFO appointment is booked for Friday.

I'm so happy for you.. You guys will be happy now, the long wait is over.. Ohh I hope I'm the next to book flight :smile::smile:

Michael Parnham
4th June 2014, 12:54
Confused how many of you have now got 'visas' but whatever, Congratulations everyone and good luck for the future! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th June 2014, 14:51
I've got an email saying that "Your visa will be dispatched shortly". Is it good news?!!!!! :smile:

It IS, indeed ... congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

blessed_ekim0826
4th June 2014, 15:00
Thanks Sir Arthur. :smile: Can't wait to collect my documents tomorrow at VFS CEBU :smile:

Arthur Little
4th June 2014, 15:31
Confused how many of you have now got 'visas' but whatever, Congratulations everyone and good luck for the future! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Phew! :icon_rolleyes: ... thank God things are moving at last!

It could simply be pure conjecture on my part, Michael ... :anerikke: ... but I'm guessing the authorities are finally waking up :cwm24: to the unfairness of keeping those applicants - whose criteria matches in every other respect - waiting indefinitely pending any firm decision as regards the "interim validity" of their satisfactory results obtained using the since suspended TOEIC Examinations.

:yeahthat: possibly explains it! Which ... of course ... will be welcome news for all others in a similar situation. :wink:

Here's hoping!! :pray:

Terpe
4th June 2014, 19:26

Happy days ahead :Jump:

Jentobeharrison
6th June 2014, 07:35
2 minutes earlier I received an email

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI"

Why didnt the british embassy call me first?

I AM TREMBLING

Baruk
6th June 2014, 07:41

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI"

I AM TREMBLING

Congratulations:smile:

Terpe
6th June 2014, 10:02

I AM TREMBLING

Many congratulations Jen and very well done :Jump::Jump:

At last the waiting and the stress can be put aside......now focus on the new chapter in your life........summer is upon us here in UK what a delighful start to you new life.

Onwards and Upwards Jen :Jump:

Jentobeharrison
6th June 2014, 10:04
Many congratulations Jen and very well done :Jump::Jump:

At last the waiting and the stress can be put aside......now focus on the new chapter in your life........summer is upon us here in UK what a delighful start to you new life.

Onwards and Upwards Jen :Jump:

Yeah but I am wondering why it was too fast and British Embassy didn't call me to have sort of interview?

Terpe
6th June 2014, 10:09
Yeah but I am wondering why it was too fast and british embassy didnt call me to have sort of interview?

You're in danger of remaining a 'natural born worrier' :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jentobeharrison
6th June 2014, 10:11
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH that made me laugh. Thank you very much for all the help though!!

Now gonna watch 'Game of Thrones' to distract me from worrying lol

raynaputi
6th June 2014, 10:40
Yeah but I am wondering why it was too fast and British Embassy didn't call me to have sort of interview?

Do not worry about things that don't matter now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congrats! :Jump:

Michael Parnham
6th June 2014, 10:48
Congratulations Jen, good luck for the future! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aprilmaejon
6th June 2014, 11:32

I AM TREMBLING

Congratulations Jen, I told you, right? :biggrin:
Well done!

DAnn
6th June 2014, 11:41
Maybe Wednesday Jasper... I am spouse visa ..congratulations to you also ... I am so happy :Jump:

Hi sweetlove! Congratulation! I am also waiting for my spousal visa. May I ask how long exactly you had to wait until you got your visa? Your news and jasper99's post sure cheered me up! This is the kind of news I need to hear when days like this come around. Feeling like it is forever waiting to be able to finally start our lives together.

Tish
6th June 2014, 11:45
Congrats dai! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jasper999
6th June 2014, 16:22
I hope they will call me any day now.. Seems like they will call first before they give decision eh.. I'm glad you are done with this waiting game.. I'm praying and hoping to read that email ASAP so I can give the good news to my fiancé. I am happy for you:smile::smile:

When did you apply Baruk? Seems to be taking a long time.

Baruk
6th June 2014, 17:09
When did yo apply baruk? seems to be taking a long time,

Lodged my application March 20... Very long and stressful eh?

jasper999
6th June 2014, 18:24
Lodge my application March 20... Very long and stressful eh?

Still time yet, based on the times we have been seeing, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for you to receive any day up to the 26th June.

Good luck

Arthur Little
7th June 2014, 01:05

Martin ... seems no time since I was congratulating you and Aileen on your wedding. :smile:

Now ... Aileen has her spousal visa. Well done to you BOTH and all the very best for your future together. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th June 2014, 01:27

Jen ... congratulations on your success. Nowadays the British Embassy rarely calls applicants for interview, unless there are any salient points needing clarification, so you can relax. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweetlove
7th June 2014, 03:53
Hi Sweetlove! Congratulation! I am also waiting for my spousal visa. May I ask how long exactly you had to wait until you got your visa?

Your news and jasper99's post sure cheered me up! This is the kind of news I need to hear when days like this come around. Feeling like it is forever waiting to be able to finally start our lives together.

Hello DAnn! Thank you ... you'll be the next sis! I had been waiting for almost 3 months and 7 days including holidays and weekends. I lodged my application last Feb 27, I received my visa june 4...hope you can hear some good news soon.....x

DAnn
11th June 2014, 04:58

Hi Jasper999! congratulations to you and your fiancee! just wanted to ask, how many days did it take from the day you received an email saying her visa will be despatched shortly up to the day she was informed that she can collect her visa already? I received an email yesterday with this message:

But tomorrow is public holiday here in the Philippines. I am guessing I could maybe go to the VFS on Friday to collect my visa or is that too soon? I read another post saying that they received a second email notifying them that the visa is ready for pick up. I only received just one email.
Many thanks in advance!

sweetlove
11th June 2014, 05:04
Hi Jasper999! congratulations to you and your fiancee! just wanted to ask, how many days did it take from the day you received an email saying her visa will be despatched shortly up to the day she was informed that she can collect her visa already? I received an email yesterday with this message:

But tomorrow is public holiday here in the Philippines. I am guessing I could maybe go to the VFS on Friday to collect my visa or is that too soon? I read another post saying that they received a second email notifying them that the visa is ready for pick up. I only received just one email.
Many thanks in advance!
For sure u can get an email later today ...

DAnn
11th June 2014, 05:07
Hello DAnn! Thank you ... you'll be the next sis! I had been waiting for almost 3 months and 7 days including holidays and weekends. I lodged my application last Feb 27, I received my visa june 4...hope you can hear some good news soon.....x

Thank you very much for your reply sweetlove! :)

I think I may have received a good news yesterday. I am getting a bit excited but trying my best to stay calm as I am not sure yet until I see my passport with the visa in it.

this is from the email received yesterday:

Not sure though when I should go to VFS to collect my visa. Have you collected yours already?

sweetlove
11th June 2014, 05:12
Thank you very much for your reply sweetlove! :)

I think I may have received a good news yesterday. I am getting a bit excited but trying my best to stay calm as I am not sure yet until I see my passport with the visa in it.

this is from the email received yesterday:

Not sure though when I should go to VFS to collect my visa. Have you collected yours already?
I know what u feel dann, just relax and keep calm and start packing your things heehe yeah I think you will recieved an email later today same as me , I recieved email in the afternoon from vfs ,,, when you plan to travel? I'm flying on 3rd of July ...

DAnn
11th June 2014, 06:22
I know what u feel dann, just relax and keep calm and start packing your things heehe yeah I think you will recieved an email later today same as me , I recieved email in the afternoon from vfs ,,, when you plan to travel? I'm flying on 3rd of July ...

Hi sweetlove! Thank you for the positive words. I have started packing a long time ago hahaha! I think it made me even more anxious while I waiting all this time. At least I am now ready to go anytime. Well as soon as I get my passport and the CFO sticker on it, hubby will book a flight. That's why we are wanting to find out when I can collect my visa. Hubby is so excited too! He had new carpets installed in the living room and planning to buy a new TV set and sofa! I spoke to my mother in law this morning (but that is midnight for them in UK before they went to bed) and they were so happy to hear that we have got an email from UKVI. Can't wait really. Great to hear that you already have your flight booked! Did you attend the CFO seminar already and got your CFO sticker as well?

sweetlove
11th June 2014, 06:52
Hi sweetlove! Thank you for the positive words. I have started packing a long time ago hahaha! I think it made me even more anxious while I waiting all this time. At least I am now ready to go anytime. Well as soon as I get my passport and the CFO sticker on it, hubby will book a flight. That's why we are wanting to find out when I can collect my visa. Hubby is so excited too! He had new carpets installed in the living room and planning to buy a new TV set and sofa! I spoke to my mother in law this morning (but that is midnight for them in UK before they went to bed) and they were so happy to hear that we have got an email from UKVI. Can't wait really. Great to hear that you already have your flight booked! Did you attend the CFO seminar already and got your CFO sticker as well?... That's good everyone is excited same as me when I arrive hehehe, no I never been on CFO , I have my schedule on the 17th

tinzky19
12th June 2014, 00:31
Hi everyone!

So great to read happy news about visa approvals. Makes me feel optimistic.

I have lodge a spouse visa application myself on 14th April. I also had a TOEIC certificate submitted for my English requirement.

I had received a call yesterday afternoon from UKVI. Told me that TOEIC will no longer be valid but will still be accepted and they just need to assess my English to validate it. The guy then said I have good standard of English and might receive my documents back on Monday since it's a holiday today. So keeping fingers crossed!

Has anyone been called and interviewed like this and got denied result? I assume that they won't bother checking your English if you haven't satisfied the rest of the more important requirements, right? I am not sure. Its just me being so positive! Haha. :smile:

Arthur Little
12th June 2014, 00:43
I had received a call yesterday afternoon from UKVI. Told me that TOEIC will no longer be valid but will still be accepted and they just need to assess my English to validate it. The guy then said I have good standard of English and might receive my documents back on Monday since it's a holiday today. So keeping fingers crossed!

I assume that they won't bother checking your English if you haven't satisfied the rest of the more important requirements, right? I am not sure. Its just me being so positive! Haha. :smile:

:smile: Reading this post, :yeahthat: I'd say you've every reason to feel positive! Good luck ... and please keep us updated. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
12th June 2014, 01:58
Hi everyone!

I have lodge a spouse visa application myself on 14th April. I also had a TOEIC certificate submitted for my English requirement.

Has anyone been called and interviewed like this and got denied result? I assume that they won't bother checking your English if you haven't satisfied the rest of the more important requirements, right? I am not sure. Its just me being so positive! Haha. :smile:

Is this the only season when there are lots of approved visas for the members of this forum? I am so thankful being part of this.

I am wishing you good luck! I lodged my application 2nd of April, took TOEIC exam too but I did not receive a call, and 2 months and four days after, i got my visa. Weird. lol

Keep your hopes up, and your life will change soon!! :)

sweetlove
12th June 2014, 02:11
Hi everyone!

Congrats in advance hehehe, always think positive. Me and some members here who took ETS TOEIC English Test received a call from UKBA to test our English proficiency. My thought also if they are not satisfied with the documents they will not bother to contact the applicant.

DAnn
12th June 2014, 03:53
For sure u can get an email later today ...

Hi Sweetlove! You were so right there! Indeed I received the second email yesterday afternoon but did not get to see it as I went out to watch a concert at the Araneta Coliseum. Had a blessed evening and then came home to find there is another good news waiting for me in my inbox! Oh God is awesome! :)

DAnn
12th June 2014, 04:01
... That's good everyone is excited same as me when I arrive hehehe, no I never been on CFO , I have my schedule on the 17th

I have done the CFO seminar months ago and got my certificate. I needed that CFO certificate for DFA. It is one of their requirements for married women who are changing their last names to their married name. So I did that first, then got my passport renewed with my married name on it. and now hooray! I have my visa approved! But I know I need to get the CFO sticker so that is my next move.

When I attended the seminar, CFO only accepted walk in applicants. I had to leave house at 4am and got there at 5am. Stood in the queue outside of the building for a couple of hours or so before we were let in! Once inside it was easy and comfortable. Lucky you! I heard they are a little bit more organised now because online booking for appointment is now available. All the best to us! :)

sweetlove
12th June 2014, 04:21
I have done the CFO seminar months ago and got my certificate. I needed that CFO certificate for DFA. It is one of their requirements for married women who are changing their last names to their married name. So I did that first, then got my passport renewed with my married name on it. and now hooray! I have my visa approved! But I know I need to get the CFO sticker so that is my next move.

When I attended the seminar, CFO only accepted walk in applicants. I had to leave house at 4am and got there at 5am. Stood in the queue outside of the building for a couple of hours or so before we were let in! Once inside it was easy and comfortable. Lucky you! I heard they are a little bit more organised now because online booking for appointment is now available. All the best to us! :)

Hi DAnn, congrats to you...well done ..I told you to keep calm hehehe.... well, I never been in CFO seminar because when I applied my spouse visa I'm still using my single name, but I have my schedule this coming Tuesday at CFO Cebu.

DAnn
12th June 2014, 07:53
By the way, is there anyone here who knows what are the times for collecting visa at the VFS Manila? I don't see anything on the website that shows schedule for visa collection. The email I received, says:

"If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times"

Jentobeharrison
12th June 2014, 11:05
1pm to 3pm

DAnn
12th June 2014, 11:24
1pm to 3 pm

Thank you, Jentobeharrison! :smile:

DAnn
12th June 2014, 11:28
hi dann congrats to you...well done ..i told you to keep calm hehehe.... well, i never been in cfo seminar because when i applied my spouse visa im still you using my single name,,but i have my schedule this coming Tuesday at cfo cebu,,

Yes Sweetlove, you're right! :smile:

Enjoy your CFO seminar! I found it useful, informative and educational. I enjoyed it! :smile:

jhen1230
13th June 2014, 08:16
Hi DAnn

Did you manage to get your passport and docs today at VFS Manila? My mom received the same text as you are 2 days ago and VFS said the docs are not there yet?

Cannot understand why they text and email that it is ready for collection when it is not?

More worries for the time I am waiting....

tinzky19
13th June 2014, 08:36
Hi everyone!

So I got an email a few minutes ago that my visa will be despatched shortly. This must be good news, musn't it? It said I can collect it in 3 days. Does that mean I can collect it on Monday or should I wait for the text? (I availed the SMS service).

I will try not to be too excited! :smile:

cherrieclifford
13th June 2014, 08:58
So I got an email a few minutes ago that my visa will be despatched shortly. This must be good news, musn't it? It said i can collect it in 3 days. Does that mean I can collect it on Monday or should I wait for the text ? (I availed the SMS service).

Congrats tinzky19.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweetlove
13th June 2014, 09:00
So I got an email a few minutes ago that my visa will be despatched shortly. This must be good news, musn't it? It said I can collect it in 3 days. Does that mean I can collect it on Monday or should I wait for the text? (I availed the SMS service).

Congrats, I am so happy that me and lots of members got their visas approved.

Terpe
13th June 2014, 09:27

Many congratulations tinzky :Jump:

What marvellous news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DAnn
13th June 2014, 15:38
Hi DAnn

Did you manage to get your passport and docs today at VFS Manila? My mom received the same text as you are 2 days ago and VFS said the docs are not there yet?

Cannot understand why they text and email that it is ready for collection when it is not?

More worries for the time I am waiting....

Hi Jhen1230! Yes, I have my passport with visa on it now and all the docs as well! Sorry to hear about what happened to your mum's visit to VFS today. Is she the one applying for visa or you? A spouse visa as well? I am afraid I do not have answers for you as to why or how that happened. I am sure she mentioned to them at VFS about the email and text notification? They must have offered an explanation at least... hopefully it was not wrongly sent to her. Maybe just a little delay and it will be ready for her on Monday? Fingers crossed! :smile:

DAnn
13th June 2014, 15:43

Hi tinzky19! I had the same question few days ago, that was when I received the same email as you have received today. Friends here told me that there should be another email or notification that should say your visa/docs has been received in VFS already and will be ready for collection at designated collection times. True enough, I did receive the second email a day later after the first email. And today I collected my docs from VFS. It was quick and easy! :Jump:

DAnn
13th June 2014, 15:47
So, the spouse visa is only valid for two years and nine months? And then what next? I thought it will be for five years validity. Looks like we will need to apply for another visa again next time.

sweetlove
13th June 2014, 16:35
So, the spouse visa is only valid for two years and nine months? And then what next? I thought it will be for five years validity. Looks like we will need to apply for another visa again next time.

Hi DAnn it's good to hear you got your passport with visa on it.
Yeah, it's only valid for 33 months for spouse visa and another application again. So when is your plan to travel? Hehe

DAnn
13th June 2014, 16:46
Hi dann it's good to hear you got your passport with visa on it.. Yeah it's only valid for 33 months for spouse visa and other application again ,, so when is your plan to travel ? Heheh

Thank you Sweetlove. Hubby is still looking at flights while I have to be here for another week. Sorting some stuff before I leave. I can't wait! :Jump::Jump::Jump:

sweetlove
13th June 2014, 16:51
Thank you Sweetlove. Hubby is still looking at flights while I have to be here for another week. Sorting some stuff before I leave. I can't wait! :Jump::Jump::Jump:

That's good DAnn, so am I. Still have 2 weeks left before I leave ... I'm excited to see my hubby and my sister and arrive in London for second time around, hehehe

tinzky19
13th June 2014, 23:09
Hi tinzky19! I had the same question few days ago, that was when I received the same email as you have received today. Friends here told me that there should be another email or notification that should say your visa/docs has been received in VFS already and will be ready for collection at designated collection times. True enough, I did receive the second email a day later after the first email. And today I collected my docs from VFS. It was quick and easy! :Jump:

Hi Dann,

Thanks for your reply. I had received the second email yesterday just 2 hours after getting the first one. It said it is already with VFS. That means I can already collect it on Monday, right? :)

tinzky19
16th June 2014, 11:26
Hi Dann,

Thanks for your reply. I had received the second email yesterday just 2 hours after getting the first one. It said it is already with VFS. That means I can already collect it on Monday, right? :)

Hi everyone,

I got my passport today with the visa on it! Yay! Thanks everyone for all the help.
Here's my timeline:
April 14 - submitted application at VFS
June 11 - Got a call from UKVI to check my English
June 13 - Got an email that my visa will be despatched shortly and then 2 hours after, I got another email that VFS has my documents and that I can collect it.

Very very happy and excited!!!!

Michael Parnham
16th June 2014, 14:04
Congratulations and well done!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DAnn
16th June 2014, 17:14
Hi everyone,

I got my passport today with the visa on it! Yay! Thanks everyone for all the help.
Here's my timeline:
April 14 - submitted application at VFS
June 11 - Got a call from UKVI to check my English
June 13 - Got an email that my visa will be despatched shortly and then 2 hours after, I got another email that VFS has my documents and that I can collect it.

Very very happy and excited!!!!

Congratulations! I know the feeling! Rejoicing with you! I myself is still so over the moon event though it has been days since I got my visa. Don't forget to take the CFO seminar :smile:

Baruk
17th June 2014, 00:53
Hi Everyone :smile:

Me and my Daughter will be leaving on Thursday June 19th. Can anyone give a tip on what to bring (docs wise)

DAnn
17th June 2014, 01:52
Hi Everyone :smile:

Me and my Daughter will be leaving on Thursday June 19th. Can anyone give a tip on what to bring (docs wise)

Congratulations Baruk! It's not that long ago when you last posted that you were still waiting for the visa! This is brilliant news! Don't forget the CFO stickers on your passports and the original TB test cert and English test as well. Happy trip!