PDA

View Full Version : ‘Strip tax avoider Gary Barlow of his OBE’

joebloggs
11th May 2014, 10:54
Someone from the top 1% who pays more than his fair share of tax :icon_lol:

TAKE That star Gary Barlow is facing calls to hand back his OBE, along with the millions of pounds he may have to pay HMRC for investing in a tax avoidance scheme.

read more here .. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/475202/Strip-tax-avoider-Gary-Barlow-of-his-OBE?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-uk-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+UK+Feed%29

les_taxi
11th May 2014, 11:00
He will be paying plenty back - so it's a result :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
11th May 2014, 11:07
he will be paying plenty back so it's a result :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Les, these poor 1% people, they must be really struggling to live by having to avoid paying that 30% burden of all the tax in the UK :cwm3:

Next he'll be driving his Rolls to sign on the dole :cwm24:

les_taxi
11th May 2014, 11:11
He is a typical celebrity who has tried to work the system.

Stop going on about the top earners who pay the majority of the tax, if they didn't you surely would be paying more tax.

joebloggs
11th May 2014, 11:25
He is a typical celebrity who has tried to work the system.

Stop going on about the top earners who pay the majority of the tax,if they didn't you surely would be paying more tax.

Les, the true hurts, bash the union member working guy who wants a fair wage for a fair days work, but stop bashing the rich 1% who own over 20% and don't pay their fair share :doh

You make me :laugher: Les.

They don't pay the majority of tax, its me and you who pays most of the tax, us 99% pay at least 70%

It's because of people like him I AM PAYING MORE TAX! :doh

les_taxi
11th May 2014, 11:37
You just switched it round Joe, yes the top 1% pay a third of the tax.

Looks better your way in your argument :icon_lol:

So many of your brothers are employed by the top 1%
A fair wage for everyone is ideal, still think even the poorest are not that poor in this country - still enough money for beer and fags.

Oh and let's not forget your poor mates who can't be arsed working, we all look after them.

Good job the rich pay so much tax or they would not be able to claim as many benefits.

joebloggs
11th May 2014, 11:47
If the rich paid their fair share, Les, maybe they wouldn't have £66 million to invest in this dodgy scheme? Looks like they didn't want the taxman to get his fair share !

You said
Stop going on about the top earners who pay the majority of the tax Since when has 30% been the majority? :biggrin:

The 99% are the majority who pay at least 70%, the majority of tax :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
11th May 2014, 11:51
Everyone tries to pay less tax when they can, regardless of how much money they have. I pay a chartered accountant to do my finances, and I just take his advice, I have no idea if it is right or wrong. Who cares? As long as the end result is paying less tax. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
11th May 2014, 11:58
If the rich paid their fair share Les, maybe they wouldn't have £66 million to invest in this dodgy scheme? looks like they didn't want the taxman to get his fair share!

You said
Stop going on about the top earners who pay the majority of the tax Since when has 30% been the majority? :biggrin:

The 99% are the majority who pay at least 70%, the majority of tax :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The lower-earning 50 per cent pay £17bn – less than the Housing Benefit bill.

About 3.7m people earn between £35,000 and £150,000, placing them in the bracket that pays the 40 per cent income tax rate. Collectively they pay £57bn in income tax, about 34 per cent of the total.

The 308,000 on the 50p top rate – who earn more than £150,000 – pay £47billion a year to the Treasury.

Thank god for the top earners Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Right off to earn some money now in my taxi :biggrin:

joebloggs
11th May 2014, 12:07
Everyone tries to pay less tax when they can, regardless of how much money they have. I pay a chartered accountant to do my finances, and I just take his advice, I have no idea if it is right or wrong. Who cares? As long as the end result is paying less tax. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You would trust someone with £66m? :yikes:

raynaputi
11th May 2014, 12:35
You would trust someone with £66m? :yikes:

I wish we also have that money! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
11th May 2014, 14:30
I don't see any difference between this and an allowances scandal. It's robbery at the end of the day. And they should find a way of banning all cash in hand payments. :wink:

bigmarco
11th May 2014, 14:55
Gary Barlow OBE Offshore Banking Expert :Erm:

Arthur Little
11th May 2014, 15:10
It's robbery at the end of the day.

:gp: ... daylight robbery by "fly by nights" !!!

KeithD
11th May 2014, 16:02
The guy hasn't done anything illegal. :Erm:

I bet everyone on here has avoided paying some tax in the past. I always order from Amazon Afghanistan, and have them label it "Emergency Medical Supplies" :icon_lol:

les_taxi
11th May 2014, 17:20
I would say if someone came up to us all and said I have a legal way (which it was in some cases) to lower your tax bill we would take it.
Normally accountants :-)

andy222
11th May 2014, 17:57
If everyone was on P.A.Y.E it would all stop. No dodgy accountants or advisers.