PDA

View Full Version : ILR SET (M) application

chiechie
15th May 2014, 13:14
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share our experience in filing for an ILR SET(M) at Solihull PEO today. The service was really quick and efficient. Our appointment was at 8:30am but they let us in at 8:15. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The whole process took us 2 hours and 30 minutes! I am granted Indefinite Leave to Remain!!! I am so pleased with the result!

I have posted on a previous thread about the problem on the SET(M) form not having the right amount when you applied for a premium service. My husband gave Solihull a ring and they advised him to leave the fee bit blank. Whn we arrived at the PEO that was the first thing I pointed out to the lady at the reception. She said to tick the £1093 fee but as we get to the counter who assessed the paper works, that part of the form is NOT needed.

I would be happy to answer questions if I can help :) good luck to everyone!

sars_notd_virus
15th May 2014, 14:48
Congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
15th May 2014, 16:58
Congratulations on your success Chiechie! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

chiechie
15th May 2014, 17:52
Thank you Sars :smile:

chiechie
15th May 2014, 17:52
Thank you Michael :)

han
15th May 2014, 22:17
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congrats Chiechie... :biggrin:

chiechie
16th May 2014, 08:20
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congrats chiechie... :biggrin:

Thanks Han :smile:

Arthur Little
21st May 2014, 01:21
Firstly ... :sorry-2: I missed the opportunity to congratulate you sooner! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Secondly ... I'm delighted you were pleased with the prompt efficiency of the PEO staff at Solihull. :smile:

aprilmaejon
21st May 2014, 03:16
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share our experience in filing for an ILR SET(M) at Solihull PEO today. The service was really quick and efficient. Our appointment was at 8:30am but they let us in at 8:15. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The whole process took us 2 hours and 30 minutes! I am granted Indefinite Leave to Remain!!! I am so pleased with the result!

I have posted on a previous thread about the problem on the SET(M) form not having the right amount when you applied for a premium service. My husband gave Solihull a ring and they advised him to leave the fee bit blank. Whn we arrived at the PEO that was the first thing I pointed out to the lady at the reception. She said to tick the £1093 fee but as we get to the counter who assessed the paper works, that part of the form is NOT needed.

Congratulations on your ILR. I will be sending my application by post next month. I just like to query if all of your proof of addresses dates are spreading over 2 years?

chiechie
21st May 2014, 19:02
Firstly ... :sorry-2: I missed the opportunity to congratulate you sooner! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Secondly ... I'm delighted you were pleased with the prompt efficiency of the PEO staff at Solihull. :smile:

Thanks Arthur! :) this forum had been a great help! That is why I wanted to help other people too who might have questions that I can answer :)

chiechie
21st May 2014, 19:04
Congratulations on your ILR. I will be sending my application by post next month. I just like to query if all of your proof of addresses dates are spreading over 2 years?

Hello April! Thank you! Yes, the proof of addresses we included in our application spread over the 2 years since I got my spouse visa. I wish you the best of luck and God bless!

aprilmaejon
21st May 2014, 19:08
Hello April! Thank you! Yes, the proof of addresses we included in our application spread over the 2 years since I got my spouse visa. I wish you the best of luck and God bless!

Did you really submit all 6 documents for the proof of cohabitation for the past 2 years?

Arthur Little
21st May 2014, 23:42
Thanks Arthur! :) this forum had been a great help! That is why I wanted to help other people too who might have questions that I can answer :)

That's a very kind gesture ... :thankyou:

Terpe
22nd May 2014, 08:31

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

chiechie
22nd May 2014, 19:40
Did you really submit all 6 documents for the proof of cohabitation for the past 2 years?

Hello again April! Just to be on the safe side, we have submitted more than 6 documents as we only have 1 which was addressed to us as Mr. and Mrs. we have provided more than 6 documents for each of us from different sources and yes, in a span of 2 years, to be precise-documents that we received months after I received my spousal visa up to the most recent ones before we had the appointment. Hope this answer helps!

chiechie
22nd May 2014, 19:41
That's a very kind gesture ... :thankyou:

I believe in "pay it forward" Arthur :)

chiechie
22nd May 2014, 19:41
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Terpe!

aprilmaejon
22nd May 2014, 19:55
Hello again April! Just to be on the safe side, we have submitted more than 6 documents as we only have 1 which was addressed to us as Mr. and Mrs. we have provided more than 6 documents for each of us from different sources and yes, in a span of 2 years, to be precise-documents that we received months after I received my spousal visa up to the most recent ones before we had the appointment. Hope this answer helps!

Hi Chiechie,

Each source of that 6 documents spread over 2 years? For example, bank statements from year 2012-2014, and electricity bills from year 2012-2014, and water bill from 2012-2014 and so on and so forth...... Is that how you gathered all your documents?

chiechie
23rd May 2014, 20:43
Hello April!

Correct! I also included CRBs, NHS letters (you now when you register with your GP and they send you a cervical screening letter? I included that one!) I also have a police check certificate, it's not in the requirements but I thought that would be handy, tax letters, letters from work, pension letters. Basically if the letter is official and addressed to either of us with our address and date on it, we included that. I think our combined documents amounted to 36.

To make it clearer, say for example you got your spousal visa on June 2012, any letters from that date onwards up to the current month, are included. So that would be letters from June 2012-June2014 (or the latest you can get really).

Hope that helps! :)