PDA

View Full Version : New Mondeo

les_taxi
22nd May 2014, 22:13
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/91004/new-ford-mondeo-2014-release-date-price-specs

Want it!

London_Manila
23rd May 2014, 02:55
I could not get very excited by any FORD and this seems to be a Audi A4 ripoff anyway

I would rather have a 2 year old Audi A4 than a new one of these :wink:

Your customers would prefer it also...........

Hard wearing and on the inside these are very robust
TDI'S go on forever

les_taxi
23rd May 2014, 08:38
Don't think so - awful reviews - comfort in a new Mondeo is superb, space, boot size and handling excellent.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/audi/a4-saloon/summary/25752-2

SimonH
23rd May 2014, 08:43
Have a look at the Mercedes E300 Hybrid as an alternative, there's some cracking lease deals available on these at the moment :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
23rd May 2014, 09:15
I buy as I see the cars through to the death!

I used to hate Mondeos but having had one changed my mind.

Based on many factors but comfort being huge.

Customers have commented how roomy and smooth it is in the rear - a customer likened it to his BMW. I will go for a 2 year old one in 2 years' time.

Michael Parnham
23rd May 2014, 12:14
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/91004/new-ford-mondeo-2014-release-date-price-specs

Want it!

It'll be a bloody good buy Les! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
23rd May 2014, 12:54
It'll be a bloody good buy Les! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Although ... :anerikke: ... with prices starting at *£18k, Michael (*:omg:!) ...it'll
be goodbye :Wave: to more than :Rasp: twice the average punter's lifesavings! :bigcry:

les_taxi
23rd May 2014, 13:02
I want to point out I'm no 'fan boy' of any make of car, I just listen to what people say and my last car was a Peugeot 406 - which at the time was great - it's just that after that the new models were crap, so I looked to Octavia and Mondeo and for me the Mondeo is the best.

The only thing that lets it down is the dash etc, is still pretty much the same for the last 6 years.

New one looks really up to date and high tech.

Michael Parnham
23rd May 2014, 19:19
Although ... :anerikke: ... with prices starting at *£18k, Michael (*:omg:!) ... it'll be goodbye :Wave: to more than :Rasp: twice the average punter's lifesavings! :bigcry:

True Arthur, I will say, for those that can afford it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
23rd May 2014, 19:42
If you get one 2 years old with about 40,000 on the clock you should get it for about £10,000 and of course since it's for my business, I can offset it to tax partly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Buy over 3 years and you're looking at about £300 a month if that.

Jamesey
23rd May 2014, 20:45
I used to drive Mondeos and was very happy with them. I was once lucky enough to have a Titanium X and it was a lovely car. The boot was enormous. I was able to get a big pushchair and my mountain bike in with the parcel shelf on!

I'm now driving an Insignia, which isn't a bad car, but doesn't compare to a Mondeo. The boot is nowhere near as large and there are a few design flaws.

les_taxi
23rd May 2014, 21:43
I'm now driving an Insignia, which isn't a bad car, but doesn't compare to a Mondeo. The boot is nowhere near as large and there are a few design flaws

Yes I thought the same - when I got to the airport with a family of 4 to pick up I haven't even had to take the parcel shelf off - amazing boot.

Just the Console to address which they have in new model (mine is a Ghia)