PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Andy in Dumaguete - Originally from Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire

74gee
25th May 2014, 09:19
Hello everyone, Just a quick intro.

I moved to the Philippines about 5 years ago and don't think I'll be going back to England again. I love everything about the Philippines.

Occasionally, one thing :censored: me off here though, foreigners complaining about stuff, they should clearly stay at home.

aprilmaejon
25th May 2014, 11:35
Occasionally one thing :censored: me off here though, foreigners complaining about stuff, they should clearly stay at home.

Hello Andy, I come from Bayawan City if you've heard of it...
Yeah a lot of foreigners complains about stuffs in the Philippines, having high standards of lifestyle I suppose... My husband only complains about the mosquitoes that feeds on him day and night, apart from that, he's alright with most of the stuffs.

Michael Parnham
25th May 2014, 19:48
Andy, I only came into contact with one foreigner that never complained about Philippines, his name is Canute a retired Norwegian sea captain, you'll find him walking along the Boulevard at Dumaguete every evening at approx. 7.30pm with two German Shepherds and his very beautiful and fit Housekeeper, yes his wife about 50 metres behind him :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Rosie1958
25th May 2014, 23:44
Welcome to the forum Andy! :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
26th May 2014, 00:35
:smile: Ah ... an expat from Shakespeare's birthplace no less!

:welcomex: to filipino/uk, Andy; clearly you relish living in the Philippines. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
26th May 2014, 00:46
I know what you mean about moaners Andy. A bunch of people I know here just came back from there on a weekend jolly.. They were moaning about how noisy it is in Dumaguette these days.. One of them moaned about his hotel A/C not being cold..He reckons they changed it 3 times with other dirty units that were also not cold!!

Moan moan moan!! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
26th May 2014, 00:49
Andy, I only came into contact with one foreigner that never complained about Philippines, his name is Canute a retired Norwegian sea captain

:cwm24: ... wow, Michael, a seaman called Canute, eh?

Did he, by any chance, give you a "wave" :Wave: each time he was parting?

Steve.r
26th May 2014, 01:50
Enough foreigners come to the UK and moan don't you think?? Enough illegal immigrants come to the UK and moan that they are not treated well or not given the benefits they thought they were going to get. Everyone moans about something, not just a few foreigners in the Philippines.

To be honest, now 'you' are the one moaning about foreigners moaning

Michael Parnham
26th May 2014, 05:42
:cwm24: ... wow, Michael, a seaman called Canute, eh?

Did he, by any chance, give you a "wave" :Wave: each time he was parting?

He is a really nice man, he always used to sit next to us in church Arthur! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aprilmaejon
26th May 2014, 11:48
A friend of mine working in a hotel in Korea said that most of their staffs are scared of British customers as they complained soooo much even for little things.......... :anerikke:

Arthur Little
26th May 2014, 12:49
A friend of mine working in a hotel in Korea said that most of their staffs are scared of British customers as they complained soooo much even for little things.......... :anerikke:

Here's me thinking the MAIN thing we Brits moaned about was our weather.:raining: And with good reason!

:yeahthat: ... either it's too cold (like it is at the moment) or it's too hot - which ... :anerikke: ... of course, it seldom is these days. :bigcry:

Reputedly the BIGGEST complainers are the Yanks - definitely, :iagree:!