PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a visa?

marylen
27th May 2014, 14:54
I just recently got my UK passport, me and my husband are planning to go Phils for a month at least, I am wondering if I need visa or my husband in order us to stay longer than 21 days since we are both held a UK passport. I haven't done my naturalization yet, sometimes shortly maybe but just in case we decided to go Phils before so, do we need a visa ? where and how to get it?

Thank you

sars_notd_virus
27th May 2014, 15:16
I just recently got my UK passport.

Me and my husband are planning to go Phils for a month at least. I am wondering if I need visa or my husband in order us to stay longer than 21 days since we are both held a UK passport. I haven't done my naturalization yet, sometimes shortly maybe but just in case we decided to go Phils before so, do we need a visa? Where and how to get it?

Thank you

Hi
No you don't need a visa if you only stayed 30days or less.

http://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Nationals are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa for a period of stay of thirty (30) days or less:

Arthur Little
27th May 2014, 15:47
Hi, Marylen ... nice to see you posting here again. :smile:

:iagree: with Mari ... who has kindly provided the link I'd been looking for on your behalf.

Yes, the maximum visa~free stay used to be 21 days. But more recently, it has been extended to 30 days. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
27th May 2014, 16:16
thank you sir Art :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
28th May 2014, 00:38
Marylen (http://filipinaroses.com/member.php/1759-marylen)

When you arrive here just show them your old Filipino passport and marriage certificate and request a balikbayan stamp for you and your husband,kids etc.. The BB stamp allows you all to stay visa free for one year.

marylen
29th May 2014, 12:13
Oh right...thank you guys. You've cleared up my uncertainties....nice seeing you have all been active on this forum and ready to help when it's needed.