PDA

View Full Version : Qatar World Cup: £3m corruption claim

les_taxi
1st June 2014, 14:47
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27655805

Let's hope it can go elsewhere - perhaps to a footballing nation!

Dedworth
1st June 2014, 14:54
Well done Mr Boyce for speaking out against the corrupt FIFA regime

grahamw48
2nd June 2014, 06:17
I was confident that bribery and corruption were involved from the start. :NoNo:

Take it away from them NOW, and jail all of those on the take. :mad:

Rory
2nd June 2014, 18:53
From all of the stories I have heard over the last few years from Rolex watches under pillows to cash in brown paper bags changing hands, I think it was more than Russia and Qatar that were trying to pull a fast one.

The fact that we had Sir Bobby Charlton, David Beckham OBE and Prince William plugging our case, leads me to the fact that we came last and knocked out of the voting at the first round because these guys are honest, respected people that our country looks on as good ambassadors. I could not see any of these guys slipping someone a few quid.

Are we behind the times and where did we go wrong?? :Erm:

grahamw48
3rd June 2014, 01:06
Sometimes sacrifices have to be made when self-respect, honour and dignity are at stake.

As in SPORT.

KeithD
3rd June 2014, 09:00
Every country has corruption, just different levels of it. The Phil has it at every level, whereas in this country it is just the politicians, newspapers and police. :doh

Espie
3rd June 2014, 11:22
I'm not surprised at all. Qatar is all about take as their country is way too backwards and needs a lot of improvements. I'm not even sure if they can handle the World Cup. Why not do it here in England instead? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
3rd June 2014, 13:09
Why have it here it's not as if we follow football :icon_lol:

I'm already sooooo excited for the kick off in 9 days' time.

England flag :engflag: to put up outside house soon :Jump:

grahamw48
3rd June 2014, 13:49
I'm not surprised at all. Qatar is all about take as their country is way too backwards and needs a lot of improvements. I'm not even sure if they can handle the World Cup. Why not do it here in England instead? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Because this is what happens when an uncivilised bunch of :censored:s come into oil money and then assume that they can buy any thing and anybody. :NoNo:

les_taxi
3rd June 2014, 14:01
Yes Graham, true.

Rory
4th June 2014, 03:17
If there was no corruption then every country would have known it was overdue here. The mecca of football, Wembley. Only hosted it once here ever!!!

Probably the best football facilities for the game on the planet.
Football, love it or hate it is our national sport. We invented the game. :cwm23:

Rant over. :biggrin:

bigmarco
4th June 2014, 22:37
This is what happens when you allow 3rd world states to have a vote in where the tournament ends up. Their votes can be bought with the oil money. :cwm23:

Dedworth
10th June 2014, 00:16
Slippery Blatter tries to front it out by plaing the race card :mad:

You are RACISTS - as World Cup corruption scandal engulfs FIFA, a brazen Sepp Blatter lashes out at his critics in British media

FIFA President says Qatar criticism is driven by racism
Says there is a plot to destroy FIFA, and attacked British media
Blatter is seeking a fifth term in charge of football's governing body
Metro strike in Sao Paulo also disrupting World Cup preparation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2653335/Sepp-Blatter-calls-British-media-racists-World-Cup-corruption-scandal-engulfs-FIFA.html#ixzz34Bcuaqvh

Sponsors Sony, Visa, Adidas and Coca-Cola are getting a bit nervous :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th June 2014, 09:32
Racists ?

The British media need to send a deputation from their army of racial minority journalists to interview this idiot. :NoNo:

bigmarco
10th June 2014, 10:12
If nothing inappropriate happened in Qatar getting the 2022 World Cup then why is Mohamed bin Hammam no longer vice president?

Blatter is a clever :censored:. He worked out that when it comes to votes whether for World Cups or him retaining the Presidency the African and Asian votes can be bought :cwm23:

les_taxi
10th June 2014, 11:01
He wants to .... off and retire having done very well out of it all over the years :cwm23:

bigmarco
10th June 2014, 12:45
He wants to .... off and retire having done very well out of it all over the years :cwm23:

That's the problem Les, people in power never go when it's right to go. They always hang around for a little bit too long until they're either pushed or voted out.

Iani
10th June 2014, 13:17
Surely SURELY it stands to reason that the World Cup should always be held in a country which is a true footballing nation. A country which is stuffed with fans of that game anyway - and not just given to some nation which fancies hosting a grand tournament, but which thinks the offside rule is some sort of mathematical instrument, and a free kick is when Starbucks give away complementary espressos.

Also it should go to a nation which can frankly afford to host it. With all the best will in the world, it would be morally wrong to let say Cameroon host, they have more important things to spend money on.

Now all that aside, who exactly thought it would be a good idea for a country to host the World Cup, a sport which involves 90 minutes plus of furious running around remember, which is famous for being blazing desert, and would as a result have to build colossal refrigerated stadiums with running cost carbon footprints the size of the moon?

grahamw48
10th June 2014, 14:18
Someone who condones the spending of billions on status and frippery, when there are still babies dying of hunger and disease every day in this world because of poverty and lack of clean water ? :NoNo: