PDA

View Full Version : New Pinay

Marie_shares
10th June 2014, 11:01
Hi!... I'm Marie, been living here in Scotland for 2 months now, and so far I haven't seen any Filipinas yet around my area here in Falkirk.

I hope to find friends here instead, doesn't matter where you are here in UK as long as we can have some meet ups sometimes, or be friends in Facebook instead :biggrin:..

xxx

les_taxi
10th June 2014, 11:06
Welcome Marie, you will find lots of friendly people here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Marie_shares
10th June 2014, 11:12
Thank you Les_taxi, looking forward to it :smile:

Michael Parnham
10th June 2014, 11:15
Welcome to the Forum Marie, I'm sure you will find friends on here.

My wife had the same problem for a long while but I think things are beginning to come together now. Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th June 2014, 13:16
Welcome Marie. :Wave:

I'm sure there are forum members living not too far from you. Hopefully they'll make themselves known to you. Good luck in finding some new friends and chatmates here anyway. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
10th June 2014, 13:19
Hi!... I'm Marie, been living here in Scotland for 2 months now, and so far I haven't seen any Filipinas yet around my area here in Falkirk.

I hope to find friends here instead, doesn't matter where you are here in UK as long as we can have some meet ups some times, or be friends in Facebook instead :biggrin:..

xxx

Hello Marie, a warm welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

I'm sure you'll make friends.....good luck with your quest :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
10th June 2014, 16:29
Hi marie welcome wishing you all the best in finding friends in & around your area :Wave:

Arthur Little
10th June 2014, 19:36

Marie ... I must say I'm surprised you haven't yet met any Filipinas in and around Scotland's 'Central Belt'. Falkirk is only 40~odd miles from the Fair City of Perth where my wife has lived since joining me here just over five years ago. :smile:

And in that time ... :anerikke: ... scarcely a day passes when she doesn't happen to "bump into" her fellow kababayan in town.

Can I perhaps suggest visiting one or other of the main Shopping Malls in your locality, e.g., the 'Thistle Centre' in nearby Stirling. Also, you might even consider attending a Catholic Church in Falkirk. :smile:

Arthur Little
10th June 2014, 20:03
I hope to find friends here instead, doesn't matter where you are here in UK as long as we can have some meet ups sometimes, or be friends in Facebook instead :biggrin:..

xxx

:yeahthat:'ll certainly be NO problem ... as you've seen already, we're a very friendly bunch! :biggrin:

:welcomex:, then to THE online filipino/uk community.

Rory
10th June 2014, 22:15
Welcome, all friendly people on here. Great place just to chat if you need to. :smile:

Marie_shares
13th June 2014, 10:11
Thank you all for the warm welcome.. :)

Dedworth
13th June 2014, 16:18
Can I perhaps suggest visiting one or other of the main Shopping Malls in your locality, e.g., the 'Thistle Centre' in nearby Stirling. Also, you might even consider attending a Catholic Church in Falkirk. :smile:

Another suggestion keep an eye on care homes at clocking on/ off times - 8am & 8pm you'll often see them going in & out

Michael Parnham
13th June 2014, 17:12
Another suggestion keep an eye on care homes at clocking on/ off times - 8am & 8pm you'll often see them going in & out

Great Idea! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

highlander01
15th June 2014, 12:01
Welcome to our friendly forum , Marie.

Some good suggestions from the posters. Another suggestion would be to go to the Bario Festival in Hamilton in a couple of months time http://feest-uk.com/SCOTLAND-BARRIO-FIESTA-with-MEGAWORLD-INTERNATIONAL-Hamilton-2014

You'll meet loads of pinoys there , many of whom will have similar circumstances to yours and I'm sure you'll make some new friendships. Best wishes in your new life in Scotland.

Tish
15th June 2014, 12:04
Welcome dai Marie:Hellooo:

Tish

fhara
19th June 2014, 20:57
Hi Marie, welcome. I had this problem before also, but don't worry lots of pinay everywhere. You'll find someone nearer one day...and u can contact me anytime if u want to chat. I'm from Cebu and here in Banff, Scotland x