PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone! Newbie here! Happy to find this forum!

mrsmccann
17th June 2014, 10:27
Hello Everyone! :Wave:

I'm Karen, from Cebu. Married to an English guy for 2 and a half years, we are currently living miles away for more than a year now. He's living with his mum in UK while I am living here in our family home in southern part of Cebu with our 2 German Sheperd pups.

Just to set aside my anxiousness about the visa, I tried to divert my attention into something productive like converting our small vacant lot into a farm and planted corn, peanuts and mongo beans! Trying to make use of the land while I'm not earning a penny! So much about me being a farmer! Lol

Anyway, I am happy to find this forum. It keeps my hopes high after reading the stories here - knowing that it's not just me counting the days until the visa comes!!!

Aside from that, members here are very helpful and informative. It's a BIG plus :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks a lot to the people who started this forum! More power to you Sirs!!!

jake
17th June 2014, 11:33
Hi Karen, welcome to the forum :Wave:

Good luck with your visa application. What do you plan to do with the German shepherd dogs, if you move to the UK?

mrsmccann
17th June 2014, 11:53
Hi Jake,

Thank you.

We'll leave them here in our home. Hubby bought the pups to be our house dogs. That was 4 months ago.. if ever i will get a visa, hubby will come home to arrange things. Like we will find a caretaker to watch our place and the pups! If no visa, then hubby is moving here to the Philippines for good. Close his business and be a farmer like me. lol

cheekee
17th June 2014, 12:15
Hi. A warm welcome to you.

My fiancee lives in Cebu. I've just returned from there.

Really miss Cebu.

mrsmccann
17th June 2014, 12:36
Hi. A warm welcome to you.

My fiancee lives in Cebu. I've just returned from there.

Really miss Cebu.

Thank u.

U missed the rain! Where particularly in Cebu, if u don't mind? Is she currently here in Cebu?

splitpin
17th June 2014, 13:21
Hello Karen, I'm new to the forum also. It seems to be a great place to be.

cheekee
17th June 2014, 17:14
Thank u.

U missed the rain! Where particularly in Cebu, if u don't mind? Is she currently here in Cebu?

She is in Cabrite Tisa.

I was staying in Capitol near Fuente Osmena.

I remember the rain when I visited last year in June lol.

I also got stuck in a signal number 3 typhoon on Camotes Island in January.

Tish
17th June 2014, 18:19
Welcome to the forum Karen :Wave:

I'm from Cebu too - behind MJ Cuenco Avenue :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish

Michael Parnham
17th June 2014, 19:33
A very warm welcome Karen! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mrsmccann
17th June 2014, 22:43
Cheekee,

In Tisa, Labangon? Kinda small world if it is! I used to manage my sister's pharmacy located at Katipunan Tisa.

Anyway, ur memories when you visited Phils sound fun! Hehe

mrsmccann
17th June 2014, 22:47
Thank u Tish! Am from Barili! :Wave:

Thank u Mr Michael! :Wave:

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! :biggrin:

mrsmccann
17th June 2014, 22:51
Hello Karen, I'm new to the forum also it seems to be a great place to be.

Hi Splitspin! :Wave: I agree to you! :biggrin:

Terpe
18th June 2014, 23:04
Hi Karen, welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

mrsmccann
19th June 2014, 03:05
Hi Sir Terpe, thank you :biggrin:

Arthur Little
19th June 2014, 11:37
:welcomex: from me, Karen ... I admire the practical ways in which you're putting the waiting time to good use :smile: and wish you all the very best with your Spousal Visa application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mrsmccann
19th June 2014, 13:45
:welcomex: from me, Karen ... I admire the practical ways in which you're putting the waiting time to good use :smile: and wish you all the very best with your Spousal Visa application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh thank you Sir, :biggrin: I have been trying my best to divert my attention, well I guess doing something productive is ideal. It helps lower my anxiety and stop me from being lala! :crazy: due to this visa thing. Wheeeewwww :doh... lol

Rory
19th June 2014, 15:35
Hi Karen and welcome.

I hope things work out for you soon. Cebu is a great place, my wife is from Cebu - and of all the places and cities we have been to visit there we love Cebu the best. Way nicer that Manila! WE both know Cebu City like the backs of our hands now, even though my wife comes from a town called Argao - which is about 45 minutes down the coast from CarCar.

With all the bad points about living in the Philippines and the good points living in the UK, Cebu wins every time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
19th June 2014, 15:48
Hi Karen and welcome.

I hope things work out for you soon. Cebu is a great place, my wife is from Cebu - and of all the places and cities we have been to visit there we love Cebu the best. Way nicer that Manila! WE both know Cebu City like the backs of our hands now, even though my wife comes from a town called Argao - which is about 45 minutes down the coast from CarCar.

With all the bad points about living in the Philippines and the good points living in the UK, Cebu wins every time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Totally agree. Love Cebu :)

fhara
19th June 2014, 20:49
Hi Karen, how are you? I'm from Barili, Cebu ...also married and here in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Used to live Labangon...welcome here :smile:

mrsmccann
21st June 2014, 08:36
Hi Karen and welcome.

Hi Rory, thank you! Yes Cebu is definitely nice! Well, am from Barili not too far from Argao ab 30-35 mins bus ride from Carcar. :biggrin:

mrsmccann
21st June 2014, 08:43
Hi Karen, how are you? I'm from Barili, Cebu ...also married and here in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Used to live Labangon...welcome here :smile:

Hi Fhara! :biggrin: Am doing great thank you! Hope everything's well there... Nice to know a Barilinian in this forum! :meet-1: Are you coming home to celebrate the 400th founding years of our parish this July?

fhara
21st June 2014, 15:50
Hi Karen, asa ka sa Barili? Sa candugay ko dn maybe hopefully then mkasimba me sa sta.ana..pm me on ym if u like wmarollano take care xx

mrsmccann
22nd June 2014, 05:48
Hi Karen, asa ka sa Barili? Sa candugay ko dn maybe hopefully then mkasimba me sa sta.ana..pm me on ym if u like wmarollano take care xx

Hi Fhara, sa Poblacion ko. Last month didto baya mi sa Candugay sa gym ga reunion among clan didto. Then i do cycling there too few times route from Poblacion to Candugay if am not mistaken last stop is Hilasgasan. Nice man kau ang sceneries esp if sunset na hapit. Then ang road is quite challenging for mountain bikers, then not a busy country road. Cge Fhar, will msg u. Daghang salamat, amping xx

fhara
22nd June 2014, 09:52
Hi Karen o kadungog btw ko ga reunion so kaila day mo n mam carla girasol?naa me shop dha lungsod sauna sa shamrock ng ayo celfon..have a nice day take care xx

mrsmccann
23rd June 2014, 05:02
Hi Fhara, I sent u a msg in ym. Spk to u soon:) amping xx:smile:

chrisincebu
25th June 2014, 08:31
Greetings from Cebu City. My wife is from Sibonga. I much prefer the province to the city though. Air is so much more fresh than here.:Cuckoo:

pinkrose
25th June 2014, 08:44
Hi Karen! welcome :smile:

MissAna
25th June 2014, 09:36
:welcomex: to the forum. although I'm an Ormocanon, I'm a Cebuana at heart, heheheheh. Good luck to your visa application. Keep us updated ha! :smile:

andyg
25th June 2014, 18:14
Hi Karen! Welcome to the forum, my wife is a Cebuana too, from Toledo. Goodluck with your application.

mrsmccann
25th June 2014, 23:08
Hello Pinkrose, Chris, MissAna and Andyg, :biggrin: :meet-1: Thank u for the warm welcome and the wishes mga bisaya. :smile::xxgrinning--00xx3: