PDA

View Full Version : Last Day at Work

Jentobeharrison
25th June 2014, 07:32
Last day at work

Just for sharing, today is my last day at work as I will be flying to UK on
1st of July. I have been a customer service representative for Telecom NZ in years. I am now typing this whilst receiving lovely goodbye and goodluck messages through my office email address from my local colleagues and also from our Kiwi Clients.

Working with Kiwis was amazing, my previous company was T-Mobile USA where I met all the most rude people in America complaining about the services, it is really bad to compare but I have seen a huge difference between americans and New Zealanders. New Zealanders are upfront but in the most relaxing way, they complain but they won't attack you personally. Americans, some have called me bitch and some told me that they don't want to talk to me as I am an asian idiot (tho I didn't get offended). Our american clients before from T-mobile never mingled with the agents, Kiwis inside the operations are very friendly and they will treat you as their friend, inside or outside the workplace, they are really amazing.

Quitting my job was one of the biggest decisions I made and that is because I have to and I will be settling with my future husband which is the biggest decision I have ever made and as of now, I can feel that everything I gave up will be worth it.

So my flight is on Tuesday night and I havent bought anything yet, I haven't packed anything and I don't have my suitcase yet, as in no preparations yet. These stuff are not yet sinking on my mind yet..

These are some of the filipino foods that I want to buy and bring these there hahaha.

CHOCNUTS/HANY
TOMI
NUTRISTAR
LUCKY ME PANCIT CANTON

Any more suggestions?

Hahaha and also I am thinking of what stuff I can give to my in-laws, my fiance's nieces and my fiance's daughter that are made in the philippines. I was thinking of dried mangoes or any filipino delicacies but I am afraid that they might have stomachache and accuse me of poisoning them hahahaha.

Suggestions will be noted!! :)

Slip
25th June 2014, 08:09
Firstly good luck on the move and I know you will enjoy the exciting new time in your life.

Secondly, just double check what foods you can bring into the UK.... I am not 100% sure as they change the list all the time! And make sure you declare it! don't want to be fined for non declaration!

chrisincebu
25th June 2014, 08:37
A suitcase full of pilsen pero paalam ng cheap beer.

Jentobeharrison
25th June 2014, 08:39
Can I bring ripe mangoes? My fiance is really inlove with it

chrisincebu
25th June 2014, 09:09
This might help :wink:

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-animals-plants-into-uk/food

SimonH
25th June 2014, 09:22
I think this is the relevant bit:-

You can’t bring meat, meat products, milk, dairy products or potatoes into the UK from most countries outside the EU.

You can bring up to 2 kilograms (kg) of fruit and vegetables (except potatoes) into the UK as long as they are:

in personal baggage
for you and your family or friends (ie you can’t sell them)
free from signs of pests and diseases
You can also bring:

egg products, eggs and honey (up to 2kg in total)
fish (up to 20kg in total or 1 fish, whichever is the heaviest)
Any fish you bring in must be fresh and gutted, cooked, cured, dried or smoked.

Dedworth
25th June 2014, 09:39
Can I bring ripe mangoes? My fiance is really inlove with it

Amongst a whole bag of other stuff my wife just brought back 7D Cebu Dried Mangoes, Ding Dong & Nagaraya Nuts, Cheetos cheesey puff things, Cheesey Sky Flakes, smelly dried fish.

chrisincebu
25th June 2014, 10:14
I think this is the relevant bit:-

You can’t bring meat, meat products, milk, dairy products or potatoes into the UK from most countries outside the EU.

You can bring up to 2 kilograms (kg) of fruit and vegetables (except potatoes) into the UK as long as they are:

in personal baggage
for you and your family or friends (ie you can’t sell them)
free from signs of pests and diseases
You can also bring:

egg products, eggs and honey (up to 2kg in total)
fish (up to 20kg in total or 1 fish, whichever is the heaviest)
Any fish you bring in must be fresh and gutted, cooked, cured, dried or smoked.

Hmm, wonder if Balut comes under meat or eggs then :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
25th June 2014, 10:42
Good luck Jen, hope you have a pleasant journey to the UK. Regarding carrying food, I always thought you were not supposed to carry any food as I never have done, some people have been caught at customs with just an apple from the aircraft and been fined heavily!:Erm:

FilipinaDiver
25th June 2014, 11:02
Goodluck Jen and Bon Voyage! Oddly, I'm flying back to Manila from Manchester on that same day!! July 1st via Etihad. I might see you in Dubai!!!!! :hubbahubba:

SimonH
25th June 2014, 13:48
Good luck Jen, hope you have a pleasant journey to the UK. Regarding carrying food, I always thought you were not supposed to carry any food as I never have done, some people have been caught at customs with just an apple from the aircraft and been fined heavily!:Erm:

I think you'll find that's Australia immigration and not UK Michael. Fruit is allowed as long as it's in your hand luggage and free of pests and disease :smile:

SimonH
25th June 2014, 13:49
Goodluck Jen and Bon Voyage! Oddly, I'm flying back to Manila from Manchester on that same day!! July 1st via Etihad. I might see you in Dubai!!!!! :hubbahubba:

I doubt it very much, doesn't Etihad fly via Abu Dhabi and not Dubai:Erm:

Slip
25th June 2014, 15:16
I doubt it very much, doesn't Etihad fly via Abu Dhabi and not Dubai:Erm:

It did with me from Heathrow

Doc Alan
25th June 2014, 17:18
Best wishes and have a safe trip on Tuesday Jen :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
25th June 2014, 18:23
Hi Jen,
Chocnuts and lucky me pancit canton can be purchase in the the Asian shops here in UK
dried mangoes and banana chips can be purchased in Sainsburys and Holland and Barrett :biggrin:
not sure about Tomi and nutristar:anerikke:
I didnt bring any dried fish and dried squid as all can be purchased here(less salt) made in Thailand :biggrin:
crispy dilis or dried anchovies can be puchase in korean shops (if theres one in your soon-to-be home here in UK)
My only suggestion is ...eat all the filipino foods you will miss especially your Mum's own recipe/menu/dishes as nobody will cook that for you here in UK.
Have a safe trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
26th June 2014, 05:59
Looks like it's more safe not to bring fresh goods! :) thank you for the advices, I'll be a first timer passenger of a plane so I don't want to be fudged up hahaha, I might bring some when I become a professional passenger hahahahaha

tiger31
26th June 2014, 12:17
Looks like it's more safe not to bring fresh goods! :) thank you for the advices, I'll be a first timer passenger of a plane so I don't want to be fudged up hahaha, I might bring some when I become a professional passenger hahahahaha

Blimey, first time on a plane lol you picked a long journey for your first flight lol, hope you don,t encounter turbulence on your first trip.

Dedworth
26th June 2014, 16:48
blimey first time on a plane lol you picked a long journey for your first flight lol hope you don,t encounter turbulance on your first trip.

The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.

http://www.skygod.com/graphics/nicola.gif

rani
28th June 2014, 14:45
Hi Jhen! Nice to know that you finally got your visa. Have a safe trip and hope that everything will go well with you. :heartshape1: