PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer to the site

Mr Sloane
28th June 2014, 20:44
Hi all - just stumbled across this website - glad I did too.

Been to Philippines on several occasions which gave me thoughts. Now looking ahead to next year when I retire and start a new life in Philippines. Where!

Don't like Manila but the provinces are great. I like the simple things in life. Any thoughts on where? Probably start off in a hotel - then look for a place to rent Once settled will seek out a companion - she would have to be mature 40 - 50 years old.

Ok off to browse the forum

Cheers
Mr Sloane

Michael Parnham
28th June 2014, 21:10
Welcome Mr Sloane, you will find plenty of advice on this forum, good luck for the future! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
28th June 2014, 22:07
Welcome - where have you been? Where do you want to live - near city - near beach etc?

Dedworth
28th June 2014, 22:14
Welcome & good luck with your future mission

Mr Sloane
28th June 2014, 23:16
Thanks for the welcome.

To reply: Been to Batangas area three times, Tagaytay [Taal Volcano] and several trips to Manila.

Where would I like to live [rent a house]?

Not particularly concerned. Near the sea would be good - as I like the idea of doing some fishing.

But the idea of keeping occupied - rather than bar hopping - is important. Maybe some chickens and a small garden. Baguio, Tagaytay, Cebu.

I have a friend who lives with a Filipina near Tobaco city. A nice mature companion would be nice - support her - though I do foresee that support could also mean an extended family.

fred
29th June 2014, 11:14
Hello Mr Sloane!!
Welcome to Filipino UK!
When you do meet a "Companion"..Ask her if she would be willing to live, lets say 2 hours away from her family by airplane.
If she says "Yes",then I think you are well on the way to a happy retirement.

We live in Bohol BTW..

Wonderful place! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Longweekend
29th June 2014, 12:46
Welcome Mr Sloan,

Can't go far wrong with Albay (Tobaco City) I have spent lots of time in that area and have a family property close by....

Arthur Little
29th June 2014, 17:11
Hi all - just stumbled across this website - glad I did too.

Been to Philippines on several occasions which gave me thoughts. Now looking ahead to next year when I retire and start a new life in Philippines.Once settled will seek out a companion - she would have to be mature 40 - 50 years old.

Ok off to browse the forum

Hi, there ... :welcomex: to our friendly filipino/uk community.
Happy browsing! :readingpapers:

May all your hopes and dreams for the future not be "slow in" being realised following retiral. :wink:

Mr Sloane
29th June 2014, 21:14
Many thanks Arthur.

Terpe
29th June 2014, 21:52
:smile: Hello Mr Sloane and welcome aboard Filipino UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

simply.gurl
3rd July 2014, 10:27
Hello Mr. Sloane :Wave:

Cheers...xx

sars_notd_virus
3rd July 2014, 11:34
Thanks for the welcome.

To reply: Been to Batangas area three times, Tagaytay [Taal Volcano] and several trips to Manila.

Batangas is quite a nice place :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3: