PDA

View Full Version : Our imp is finally here!

dontpushme
1st July 2014, 17:41
Hi all! I know I've said that I wanted to be more active here, but this little imp threw a spanner in the works. She was born on the 3rd of June at 5lbs 11oz. We've spent the last four weeks painstakingly trying to get her back up to her birth weight as she lost 14% of it in her first five days. The midwife weighed her again today, and she's just shy of 6lbs (woohoo!). After countless house visits and getting referred to the hospital for a battery of tests, the NHS finally agrees with us that there is nothing wrong with our baby. She really is just small.
http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1404292644.jpg

Michael Parnham
1st July 2014, 17:48
Hi all! I know I've said that I wanted to be more active here, but this little imp threw a spanner in the works. She was born on the 3rd of June at 5lbs 11oz. We've spent the last four weeks painstakingly trying to get her back up to her birth weight as she lost 14% of it in her first five days. The midwife weighed her again today, and she's just shy of 6lbs (woohoo!). After countless house visits and getting referred to the hospital for a battery of tests, the NHS finally agrees with us that there is nothing wrong with our baby. She really is just small.
http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1404292644.jpg

Congratulations to both of you for producing such a beautiful little girl!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

dontpushme
1st July 2014, 17:59
:biggrin: Thanks, Michael! I'd post pictures of her looking angelic and cute, but the pictures I've been taking are of the funny faces she pulls.:icon_lol::heartshape1:

mickcant
1st July 2014, 18:01
That's brilliant :xxgrinning--00xx3:
All the best to you all :heartshape1:
lovely photos to treasure.
Mick.:smile:

SimonH
1st July 2014, 18:14
From one new father to another, congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Our daughter was born on the 20th June :biggrin:

Doc Alan
1st July 2014, 18:20
Congratulations and best wishes to you both :Hellooo:

Longweekend
1st July 2014, 19:07
Congratulations to both sets of new parents....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
1st July 2014, 19:21
Congrats. A credit to you both.

Terpe
1st July 2014, 20:52
Many congratulations and well done :Jump:

You've huge joy to come.
Wonderful blessing :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
2nd July 2014, 04:01
Congratulations. It is normal for the weight to drop after birth as the baby's body has to adjust to another form of feeding. Our daughter was the same, also very small, but she is a bundle of screaming joy now, and nearly a year old now.
Enjoy these days as they grow so quickly.

sars_notd_virus
2nd July 2014, 09:32
Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
2nd July 2014, 16:18
Congrats...we all know good things come in small packages!

blessed_ekim0826
3rd July 2014, 07:57
Congratulations... What a lovely child!!!!:smile:

FilipinaDiver
3rd July 2014, 15:23
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :Jump:

Arthur Little
3rd July 2014, 20:10
:BouncyHappy: Congratulations to you and your *husband (:sorry-2: I don't think you've ever mentioned *his name ... though I seem to recall you once saying he is/was a member here too! :smile:) Denise, on the safe arrival of your :baby1: daughter.

:Erm: ... have you decided on a name for her yet?

Arthur Little
3rd July 2014, 20:26
:BouncyHappy: Congratulations to you and your *husband (:sorry-2: I don't think you've ever mentioned *his name ... though I seem to recall you once saying he is/was a member here too! :smile:) Denise, on the safe arrival of your :baby1: daughter.

:biggrin: ... apologies for asking these questions ... I'm just a "nosey" :olddude:, y'see!

dontpushme
13th July 2014, 21:19
Thank you, everyone! Forgive me for not replying sooner. I can honestly say I have no idea where this last week has gone. It feels like one long day of nursing and changing nappies.

From one new father to another, congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Our daughter was born on the 20th June :biggrin:

Congrats on the little cutie! What did she weigh?

Congratulations. It is normal for the weight to drop after birth as the baby's body has to adjust to another form of feeding. Our daughter was the same, also very small, but she is a bundle of screaming joy now, and nearly a year old now.
Enjoy these days as they grow so quickly.

Our little drama queen has a strong set of lungs on her too. Thankfully, none of our neighbors mind the wailing.:icon_lol:

No worries! I don't mind the questions. :smile: My husband's name is Matt, and our baby's name is Freya Marie.

Arthur Little
14th July 2014, 19:30
No worries! I don't mind the questions. :smile: My husband's name is Matt ...

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... that's it ... 'Matt7' from Manchester? :wink: Now I remember! :thankyou:

... and our baby's name is Freya Marie.

:cwm24: .... WoW! .................... :yeahthat:'s also the name of my darling wee granddaughter. Yep, Freya Iris ... her middle name being in memory of her maternal grandmother - my [late] first wife. :smile:

Rosie1958
14th July 2014, 19:57
Congratulations to you and your husband dontpushme on the birth of your lovely baby daughter!! I hope that you are coping well with your new membership to the sleepless nights club! :xxgrinning--00xx3: