PDA

View Full Version : Few questions on my mind

cherrieclifford
2nd July 2014, 14:45
Hello everyone, :Wave:

Hope all are doing fine and I just want to ask few questions. Thank you in advance :)

First is about the time allowance to travel after the release of visa. My family wants me to stay for few more weeks. My visa is valid from 27/06/14 and Im planning to fly on 27/07/14. Will it be ok? I have no idea about these kind of matters. It will be my first time to travel out of the country.

Second is about the CFO sticker. I already have the CFO certificate ages ago (22/03/2013) since its a requirement in applying for passport using foreign husband's surname. Do I have to book an appointment to go there or I can just walk in for them to attach the sticker in my passport?

Third is about moving or changing of address. My hubby wants to move in another flat. Someone is waiting to exchange places and my hubby wants the other flat since its closer to his workplace. Will it cause any problem to us if we move to another address? Can he move while Im not there yet?

Thank you and God bless.

Cherrie and Alan

Terpe
2nd July 2014, 19:21
Hi Cherrie,
Your visa is valid for 33 months.....means technically you can travel to UK at anytime before expiry.
However, to save on additional visa costs it's better for you to travel within 3 months so that you can reach 30 months in UK for your next FLR(M) visa.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd July 2014, 19:27
CFO recently made some changes but I don't recall changes to certification.
Might be better to give them a call as a precaution.

Shouldn't be any problem to get the passport sticker but better safe than sorry .....just too important :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd July 2014, 19:30
Third is about moving or changing of address. My hubby wants to move in another flat. Someone is waiting to exchange places and my hubby wants the other flat since its closer to his workplace. Will it cause any problem to us if we move to another address? Can he move while Im not there yet?

Thank you and God bless.

Cherrie and Alan

That's no problem at all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cherrieclifford
2nd July 2014, 22:28
Hi Sir Peter,

As always you're ready to answer my questions. Hihi. :smile: Thank you so much. Soon I'll be researching about FLR(M). Need to know more about it, better be early.

So please continue looking after us here in this forum. :smile:

Yesterday, I made a call to CFO but got no luck. My credit ran out before I can speak to anyone but I will try phoning them again.

Do we need to report that change of address to certain someone if we already move?

THANKS AGAIN AS ALWAYS AND GOD BLESS :smile:

blessed_ekim0826
3rd July 2014, 07:52
I will fly on 27th on PAL. Which airline are you?

About CFO... I have a friend who has a certificate for changing surname but when her visa arrived she just called the CFO and asked what's the ideal time for getting the sticker then she just showed up there and it didn't take that long. You just have to call if which city you will get your sticker...:smile:

cherrieclifford
3rd July 2014, 09:21
Thanks. I'll call them tomorow so I can go there on Monday. :)

I was thinking PAL as well. Is that the 7am flight?
There will be a travel expo in SMX this weekend, I'll try to get a cheaper ticket there.

cherrieclifford
12th July 2014, 03:38
I will be flying on the 27th. Currently spending quality time with my nanay, other families and friends. I already got my CFO sticker attached to my passport. I just went there without giving any notice as I cannot contact them. Anyone with CFO certificate can go back there anytime to get the sticker when they already have their passport and visa. Its just few minutes of waiting.

Anyway, I just like double checking or even so triple checking. :biggrin: My passport with visa and CFO sticker, CFO certificate, expired TB screening certificate, my eticket and other documents used in my visa application will be placed in my carry on baggage. Oh and of course my check-in baggage. Am I ready to fly now??

Michael Parnham
12th July 2014, 06:08
I will be flying on the 27th. Currently spending quality time with my nanay, other families and friends. I already got my CFO sticker attached to my passport. I just went there without giving any notice as I cannot contact them. Anyone with CFO certificate can go back there anytime to get the sticker when they already have their passport and visa. Its just few minutes of waiting.

Anyway, I just like double checking or even so triple checking. :biggrin: My passport with visa and CFO sticker, CFO certificate, expired TB screening certificate, my eticket and other documents used in my visa application will be placed in my carry on baggage. Oh and of course my check-in baggage. Am I ready to fly now??

Seems ok, don't forget cash for Departure Fee! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cherrieclifford
12th July 2014, 07:15
Seems ok, don't forget cash for Departure Fee! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I surely will not forget that Sir Michael.. :smile: thanks for the reminder :xxgrinning--00xx3: God bless

FilipinaDiver
12th July 2014, 11:47
And don't forget your vanity kit! :hubbahubba:

cherrieclifford
12th July 2014, 15:41
:icon_lol: Sure thing Filipinadiver. Thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
13th July 2014, 08:23
Have a safe trip in advance and eat all your fave Pinoy food/dishes as much as you can while you're still there :smile:

cherrieclifford
13th July 2014, 12:23
Have a safe trip in advance and eat all your fave Pinoy food/dishes as much as you can while you're still there :smile:

Thank you. :) and that's what I'm doing. Today I ate sweet dried squid and my mom bought oysters for me. Oh I'll miss them. :biggrin: