PDA

View Full Version : Bringing your child to the UK

Anne2014
17th July 2014, 07:10
Hi! I'm posting this thread for a friend who wants to bring her child from a previous marriage to the UK. She already have settled the annulment papers and changed the name of her child to her maiden name. She is now happily married to a British citizen. She's on the process of renewing her Philippine passport. The question is, will she be using her British husband's last name since they were legally married here in the Philippines? She is quite worried that carrying the name of her foreign husband in her passport might be a hindrance in tagging along her child since both mother and child will be having different last names.

If you guys can provide us links, it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Anne2014
17th July 2014, 20:39
Hi! I'm reposting this thread for a friend who wants to bring her child from a previous marriage to the UK. She already have settled the annulment papers and changed the name of her child to her maiden name. She is now happily married to a British citizen. She's on the process of renewing her Philippine passport. The question is, will she be using her British husband's last name since they were legally married here in the Philippines? She is quite worried that carrying the name of her foreign husband in her passport might be a hindrance in tagging along her child since both mother and child will be having different last names.

If you guys can provide us links, it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

lordna
18th July 2014, 10:02
My wife and stepdaughter had different last names when they applied for the Visa and there were no problems. The biological father in our case was not mentioned on her birth certificate. I believe your friend may have to prove that her ex husband has no parental responsibilty and/or is happy for his child to come to the UK.

Not sure of the links but I am sure others on here will be able to help.

Anne2014
18th July 2014, 16:16
My wife and stepdaughter had different last names when they applied for the Visa and there were no problems. The biological father in our case was not mentioned on her birth certificate. I believe your friend may have to prove that her ex husband has no parental responsibilty and/or is happy for his child to come to the UK.

Not sure of the links but I am sure others on here will be able to help.

Thank you for this info. I'll relay this to my friend. :smile:

bhem_bhem
19th July 2014, 14:25
I didn't have problem bringing my son here him using my maiden name while I am using my husband's name. it'll show on his/her birth certificate anyway their relationship. :smile:

Anne2014
19th July 2014, 15:58
i didn't have problem bringing my son here him using my maiden name while i am using my husband's name. it'll show on his/her birth certificate anyway their relationship. :smile:
Thank you bhem_bhem. My friend's gonna be happy with this info..

bhem_bhem
19th July 2014, 16:09
Thank you bhem_bhem. My friend's gonna be happy with this info..

You're welcome.. :smile: