PDA

View Full Version : Just call me JP please, Thanks

Jonpotter
19th July 2014, 14:31
Hey there guys

Help
I was given the web address of this site from the Filipino Embassy here in London, because they thought you might be able to help and guide me through this very difficult problem

Well here goes
My wife, Lets just call her Mary, to save her red face

The story

My wife lost her passport along with the UK settlement visa upon too
We went to the Embassy here and got her a new one,good.
But the not so good part she still needed to get a new UK settlement visa stamped upon it.
Meanwhile, Mary's brother became very ill back home in Manila Her family beg her to come back home because her brother was asking for her. So she went back agonist's my advice, (but I did not push this advice hard enough, because I wasn't too sure if I was right or not)? because we hadn't renewed the visa on her new passport. Still we brought a return flights ticket. She is now still there and sadly her brother died.
Anyway I hope you got the gist of our problem

My question is....
Will my wife be allowed back in to the UK without this visa on her new passport, or will we have to re-apply all over again?

Thanks
JP

raynaputi
19th July 2014, 14:58
Well this is quite tricky.

When your wife lost her passport, didn't she inform UKVI? Did you report it to the police? I'm not sure if she can apply for transfer of visa to her new passport or apply for a BRP while in the Philippines. You can probably check this https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa. If UKVI would check her details in their data, they can see what visa she has and her right to come back here.

Also, you should call and inform UKVI as soon as possible regarding your wife's situation. They can probably help you better with regards to the process you and your wife can do.

Michael Parnham
19th July 2014, 15:00
Welcome to our friendly Forum JP, Tricky one, but Hopefully someone on the Forum will be able to answer your question, good luck!:Erm:

Terpe
19th July 2014, 18:43
Jonpotter,
I do hope you fully understand that it's absolutely not the done thing to have multiple active usernames in the forum.

I'm expecting you to come clean and regularlise this unacceptable incident ASAP.

Trolls are not welcome here

Jonpotter
20th July 2014, 08:41
Jonpotter,
I do hope you fully understand that it's absolutely not the done thing to have multiple active usernames in the forum.

I'm expecting you to come clean and regularlise this unacceptable incident ASAP.

Trolls are not welcome here

Yes, sorry about this - but forgot the ID and Password

Terpe
20th July 2014, 10:17
Yes, sorry about this - but forgot the ID and Password

As others do under identical circumstances you should have stated that fact in the existing thread and not created a completely new one under a completely different username and profile and using a completely different storyline.

As I've mentioned you now need to decide which account will be deleted.....?

Jonpotter
20th July 2014, 13:18
I'm not a troll!

We - my gf and I - are well known in our local community. It would embarrasses us both.

Plus, I could not find the paper with my ID. Also, I was cut off before I could finish my 1st post.

Hence started all over again. I did not notice that my first post was posted either.

So no offence was meant, and I hope that none was taken!

Terpe
20th July 2014, 16:49
In connection with your original question here's the info you need to review:-

ECB17.2 Replacing a visa (or leave)

If the applicant loses or has their passport and visa stolen, we are issuing a replacement visa (or leave) leave and the full fee is required. If the applicant applies for a replacement visa (or leave) you will need to see a police report or other evidence that satisfactorily establishes that the passport is no longer in their possession This also applies if an applicant had ‘leave to remain’ granted in the UK and are now applying to have it replaced overseas. If required, you may ask for supporting documentation to establish that their circumstances have not changed. ECOs may need to refer to Evidence and Enquiry to obtain information on an applicant’s leave validity granted in the UK.

In the case of the loss of a Home Office travel document the ECO may have to consider issuing a UFF. See ECB8.13.10 (https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/entry-clearance-basics-entry-clearance-guidance)for further information.

A new CAS / COS is not necessary in an application to replace any leave granted under PBS.

For replacement visas / leave, PROVISO case notes and other records must be updated to take account of the lost or stolen passport and visa.

Jonpotter
21st July 2014, 08:14
The 1st one of Jayjay please keep the Jonpotter

I have to tell this. When I am in such emotional state as I have been these last few days, I was not thinking clearly. In fact, I am still in a state of shock even now

Sorry to anyone if my posting may have upset you.

Thanks

Jonpotter
21st July 2014, 08:20
Hi, thanks.

On reading here, I notice it says that if she has a copy of her old passport (along with her new one) with the visa on it and the CFO stamp as well, then if my wife flew back with these papers of proof, they would let her into the UK and she could come back home again.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Jonpotter
21st July 2014, 08:29
All this is very confusing to me.

Which one of these many selections is suitable for us?

List of choices - God, so many:

Appeals (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Common Travel Area (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Crew members (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Entry Clearance Basics (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Entry for non-points-based system employment (Entry Clearance Guidance)

European Nationals and Schemes (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Exempt (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Family members under Part 8 and Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules

Important Visa and Immigration Operational Guidance

Maintenance and Accommodation (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Marriage or Civil Partnership of convenience

Medical issues (Entry Clearance Guidance)

New UK Visa Application Centre in Colombia

Refusals (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Right of Abode (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Settlement (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Study (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Turkish ECAA business persons applications (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Visa Application Centre Moving to Solna

Visit and Transit (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Work Permit holder Dependants (Entry Clearance Guidance)

Jonpotter
21st July 2014, 08:31
BTW this was reported to the police and we have it's ref number too.

Thanks

Jonpotter
23rd July 2014, 08:48
I don't know if this was posted before my internet connections were cut off?

Sorry to repeat myself here but I did not get a response from my earlier post here below

Hi, thanks

On reading here I notice that if you have a copy of your old passport (along with her new one) with the visa on it and the CFO stamp as well, then if my wife flew back with these papers of proof, they would let her into the UK and she could come back home again.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Jonpotter
23rd July 2014, 09:01
From Terpe the Moderator

As I've mentioned you now need to decide which account will be deleted.....?

If you can delete the Jayjay account please?

Thanks

Jonpotter
24th July 2014, 14:25
Upon login to my jonpotter account today I was ask which account would I like deleted?
I posted back last week that I want you to delete the jayjay account and I can't get into that account anyway because I still don't know my login details
Thanks moderator
JJ

Jonpotter
25th July 2014, 13:58
Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like you are stonewalling me?

There is an old saying; let that person without sin be the first one to cast the stones at me.

Terpe
25th July 2014, 18:27
Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like you are stonewalling me?

There is an old saying; let that person without sin be the first one to cast the stones at me.

Nobody here in this forum is intentionally stonewalling you or anyone else.
Sorry to learn that you see everything in that way.

Try creating another thread with an open ended topic that invites comment.
Also, don't be shy to join in any thread with your contribution. This is a very open forum. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
31st July 2014, 09:07
My question is....
Will my wife be allowed back in to the UK without this visa on her new passport?

Thanks
JP

No, She needs to have the original visa as the Immigration will confirm her biometrics in the airport.

grahamw48
31st July 2014, 10:46
I'm confused now JP, as in your other thread (correct me if I'm wrong) you give the impression that you're now in the Phils. :Erm: