PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU- Fiancee Visa Approved!:)

skye
29th October 2007, 17:58
I just wanted to give everyone at this forum a great big heartfelt THANK YOU!!!

Just got my fiancee visa today and it was approved!! Thank you for all the advice, useful information and tips.:) I lodged my application on September 20 and got a text after office hours last Friday to come and pick it up today, the 30th of October so all in all it took 5 weeks and 5 days.

I'd like to share a few tips for the next ones who are planning to go through the same thing...

1. Put original documents and xeroxes in separate piles already as they will ask you to do this (I just saw cinmickey also put this in a recent post). I spent an extra half hour separating the whole stack I brought.

2. For financial documents, the sponsor's financial documents are most important. Whatever financial documents belonging to the applicant are segregated and put together with all the other "supporting documents" and placed at the bottom of your application. I asked "Why?" and the checker replied that it is mainly the sponsor's financial capacity that they consider.
My fiance was worried that his salary alone might not be enough to show so I transferred money into our joint account and showed that. Not entirely sure but I think presenting it this way helped our application a lot since I had a bit more savings than my fiance.

3. Make sure you recheck everything before you get to the fingerprinting/biometric area. I had to go back since I noticed that some of my submitted documents were not ticked in the checklist that was about to be submitted.

4. They don't take the xerox of your VAF2 Form, in case you would like to save a couple of bucks on that! Also, bring an extra xerox copy of the first page of your passport because that is where they will attach your claim stub.

6. I had a post before regarding existing visitor visas. I was wondering if they revoke existing visitor visas once they grant a fiancee visa-- they didn't revoke mine in case anyone else was wondering!

5. Basic stuff: It's cold in there. Bring a shawl, light jacket or something. They have a water fountain inside so no need to bring water. You are not allowed to bring anything apart from your docs into the room anyway. All in all, the new process has cut the waiting time so I'm pretty chuffed about that!

Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone else applying!:):xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'd also like to ask about the CFO seminar that I have to attend? They just handed me my documents and didn't tell me anything.

Now I know how the other happy couples in this forum feel. I can't think straight! I'm so happy and excited to talk to my fiance... he should be arriving home from work shortly!:) Time to celebrate!

Warm Regards,
Skye

Tiggers0608
29th October 2007, 21:40
:Hellooo: Congratulations to you skye! glad to hear that you got your visa.

about the CFO, some embassy don't really tell you that, even some girls are already buying tickets after they got their visas and finding out at the airport immigration that they can't leave the phils bcoz they dont have the CFO stickers on their passport and even the CFO cert. so get them first before you book a flight.

if your in metro manila:

SMEF-COW manila
st. mary euphrasia foundation
center for overseas workers
good sheperd convent
1043 aurora blvd. q.c
(its infront of PSBA ... corner katipunan and aurora)

just bring:
birth cert.
passport
photocopy of your visa
valid id's
divorce papers
etc.

don't forget to bring 250 for the counselling fee and 400 for the registration fee. hope somehow this info will help and read some other threads here about the CFO too.

Again congratulations to both of you :BouncyHappy:

andypaul
29th October 2007, 21:43
Congrats to Skye and Hubby to be and great advice from you and Tiggers for others

kimmi
29th October 2007, 23:52
congrats skye, i am happy for u finally u will be with ur hubby..:)

Bridget
30th October 2007, 01:39
Thats fantastic...! Congratulations..!

empott
30th October 2007, 02:22
Congratulations Skye :xxgrinning--00xx3:

CFO sched is on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am. Better go to St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW)This is what i got from their website: "ONE STOP PROCESSING for Guidance and Counseling Services for Filipino Spouses, Fiance/és and other Partners of Foriegn Nationals". You can get your CFO Certificate and Sticker at the second floor within the SMEF-COW building after the completion of your Guidance and Counseling Session.(Guidance and Counseling registrants at SMEF-COW do not need to proceed to CFO Main Office at Citigold in Manila to claim their CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate and Registration Sticker).

Easier isnt it? Good luck.

cinmickey28
30th October 2007, 03:16
Congratulations Skye!!!! Another Happy Couple!

joyce
30th October 2007, 04:07
Congratulations Skye! At last you can join with your fiance....:)

skye
30th October 2007, 15:11
Thank you so much for everyone's well-wishes! Yes, at long last we finally got the visa after over a year of preparation. Such a relief!:)

I will attend the CFO seminar asap, it doesn't really help that everyone is on a very long holiday in the Philippines now but I hope to do it as soon as Monday or Tuesday next week. I called the website and they said that they now have 3 seminars per day in the Quezon City location, two in the morning and the last at 1:30pm

I was asked to bring the following:

2 copies of the front page of my passport
2 copies of the fiancee visa
information about my fiance (photocopy of passport and the like)
P250 for the counselling
P400 for the CFO certification/ sticker
P100 for the handbook

I asked about the Tues and Thu UK schedule as well, it was mentioned earlier and on their website but the lady on the phone said I could come Mon-Fri regardless of which country I was flying to. Hmm... it does sound a bit too general but I will definitely let everyone know how it goes!

:BouncyHappy:

charlwill
30th October 2007, 15:24
Congrats, Skye!!

vbkelly
30th October 2007, 15:47
congratz skye!!!

empott
31st October 2007, 01:52
Wow that's good news for me, Skye! I need a CFO seminar too and i'm driving to Manila for 6 hours to get it. So thank u very much for the info. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Durkhaima
31st October 2007, 05:46
Congrats! When you are ready for your CFO Certificate, just take the MRT going to Marikina and get off at Kalayaan. Its about 50 steps away from the Kalayaan station. I got my CFO certificate in about 3 hours. God bless.

eula mackay
31st October 2007, 13:41
i think you mean katipunan station towards santolan durkhaima. santolan towards marikina not santolan in greenhills though. you still in the phils durkhaima? when you off? congratulations skye!

gracia143
31st October 2007, 18:30
Congratulations and good luck to the new life ahead!:D

Durkhaima
6th November 2007, 11:14
Hi Eula. Yes youre right its Katipunan not Kalayaan. Im in the UK now just arrived last Friday and still suffering from jet lag. Im not yet homesick but i would love to meet Filipinas who live where i am now: POOLE, DORSET. Thanks again. God bless.

kimmi
6th November 2007, 11:34
hi Durkhaima,

I am glad that u arrive in UK safe and finally with ur husband..

take care and God bless.:)

eula mackay
6th November 2007, 12:32
glad to hear youve arrived sage and sound durkhaima!!! kimmi youre visa is arriving soon! i think youd hear the news on thursday! dont know why but i just think you will and hopefully i am right!

Missyalice
6th November 2007, 12:36
Hello Durkhaima, its nice to hear that you arrive safe. I am sure you happy now being with ur hubby!!!!:)

charlwill
6th November 2007, 12:38
Hi Eula. Yes youre right its Katipunan not Kalayaan. Im in the UK now just arrived last Friday and still suffering from jet lag. Im not yet homesick but i would love to meet Filipinas who live where i am now: POOLE, DORSET. Thanks again. God bless.
Welcome to the UK. Rest then explore the beauty of Dorset. Cheers.

kimmi
6th November 2007, 12:50
I am praying and hoping Eula, thanks for the best wishes..:)

take care and God bless always..

aug06_2006
6th November 2007, 13:16
CONGRATS SKYE!

JAMZ
6th November 2007, 21:29
COngratulations Skye.

I am sure your happiness reaches the sky now... :icon_lol:

So much blessings!!!

tiger@tigress
7th November 2007, 12:20
I am praying and hoping Eula, thanks for the best wishes..:)
take care and God bless always..

You will get yours too in no time

jmlbp
14th November 2007, 04:01
hi guys!!!balik pinas na ako..

applying for settlement visa...

do i need to have that CFO u talked about?

for ano yan ang whats that mean?

kimmi
14th November 2007, 04:09
hi sis,

CFO is needed for immigration purposes they wont allow u to go out of the country without it..

i remember there's a nice post here about it..

u can also visit their website for more info..

jmlbp
14th November 2007, 04:11
hi kimmi!!

but can get after or am sure already that am going have my new visa?

or need it first?

joyce
14th November 2007, 08:14
If you will change your passport with your husband's surname you will have to attend first the CFO seminar bcoz one of the requirement in getting a passport for those who got married to a foreigner is the CFO certificate, but if you will still use your old passport you can have the CFO after you will get your visa.

Mjaes
22nd February 2009, 07:09
congratulations, skye. :-) is there a minimum amount of savings required when you submit the application?

KeithD
22nd February 2009, 10:05
congratulations, skye. :-) is there a minimum amount of savings required when you submit the application?
Last Post: Nov 2007? :Erm:

Northerners Gal
21st September 2009, 09:27
hi skye congrats.god is so good.u did ur success..im planning also wth my sweetheart sean by nxt yr to process a fiance visa.i hope wel be fined..one thing what did u do frst before u apply fiance visa and what some other requirements for fiance visa.so that im awire and what shud i do frst...thanks...godbless u alwayz...

Queenbee
22nd September 2009, 12:56
hmmm guys ho many photocopies of each original documents???

2 copies right???even the bank statements should i photocopy as ell??

Jay&Zobel
10th October 2009, 22:02
Last Post: Nov 2007? :Erm:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

hi skye congrats.god is so good.u did ur success..im planning also wth my sweetheart sean by nxt yr to process a fiance visa.i hope wel be fined..one thing what did u do frst before u apply fiance visa and what some other requirements for fiance visa.so that im awire and what shud i do frst...thanks...godbless u alwayz...

hmmm guys ho many photocopies of each original documents???

2 copies right???even the bank statements should i photocopy as ell??

One original and one photocopy. Hope this helps.... hehe BTW this thread is old
:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
10th October 2009, 22:12
Congrats to Skye and Hubby to be and great advice from you and Tiggers for others

nov 2007 :yikes:

and who's that andypaul guy :Erm:

sounds like somebody i use to know :icon_lol:

somebody
10th October 2009, 22:32
nov 2007 :yikes:

and who's that andypaul guy :Erm:

sounds like somebody i use to know :icon_lol:

You knew him what was he like:Erm:

joebloggs
10th October 2009, 23:01
You knew him what was he like:Erm:

i don't think you would like him,very forgetful, liked chas and dave, somebody you didn't want to meet in the daytime, never mind the dark :NoNo:

:icon_lol:

somebody
11th October 2009, 00:08
i don't think you would like him,very forgetful, liked chas and dave, somebody you didn't want to meet in the daytime, never mind the dark :NoNo:

:icon_lol:

will keep out of his way then:omg:

smiler78
11th October 2009, 02:43
congratulations skye well done and good luck!!

Ji&Ma
11th October 2009, 12:57
congratulations skye well done and good luck!!

:omg: :doh Ohh no, another one... :NoNo: :cwm24: :Brick: :icon_lol:

Doc Alan
5th January 2010, 21:02
I would really appreciate advice on how my fiancee, who lives in Marikina City, obtains a fiancee/marriage visa. Our plan is for her to apply online to VFS (who work in partnership with the UK Border Agency and the British Embassy Manila) using form VAF1F. It starts by asking "How long do you intend to stay in the UK? " then "On which date will you leave the UK?" - presumably the answer is " 6 months, during which time we expect to get married and then apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain". Is it correct that VFS will then arrange an appointment for my fiancee to attend the Visa Application Centre, with proof of payment of the visa fee, and all the necessary documentation ? I am hoping to attend that appointment with her, to have available my passport and all the other documentation. I am reasonably confident that we will have such documentation, from reading various threads on this excellent Forum, also going online to the UK Border Agency website and www.vfs-uk-ph.com
Our intended timescale is that I travel to Philippines for 3 weeks around the end of April, and my fiancee would then hope to come to UK by late August.

kring_0101
6th January 2010, 09:51
i am planning to go to uk this coming february/march. but there are certain questions i want to ask regarding the visa application:

1. directions on how to get there:(i'm from pampanga)
PHIL-AXA BLDG. 2501-02
1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
Corner, Tindalo Street
Makati City

2. i will be going to uk for medical purposes. what visa will i apply then? a tourist visa or special visitor for medical treatment (i will undergo a transplant)

3.what specific requirements needed for the visa of choice?

Florge
6th January 2010, 20:37
I would really appreciate advice on how my fiancee, who lives in Marikina City, obtains a fiancee/marriage visa. Our plan is for her to apply online to VFS (who work in partnership with the UK Border Agency and the British Embassy Manila) using form VAF1F. It starts by asking "How long do you intend to stay in the UK? " then "On which date will you leave the UK?" - presumably the answer is " 6 months, during which time we expect to get married and then apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain". Is it correct that VFS will then arrange an appointment for my fiancee to attend the Visa Application Centre, with proof of payment of the visa fee, and all the necessary documentation ? I am hoping to attend that appointment with her, to have available my passport and all the other documentation. I am reasonably confident that we will have such documentation, from reading various threads on this excellent Forum, also going online to the UK Border Agency website and www.vfs-uk-ph.com
Our intended timescale is that I travel to Philippines for 3 weeks around the end of April, and my fiancee would then hope to come to UK by late August.

no... your fiancee will set an appointment online and she will choose which date and time she prefers to submit the documents... you can go with her but you can't get inside... you will only be allowed to stay outside the building...

Florge
6th January 2010, 20:40
i am planning to go to uk this coming february/march. but there are certain questions i want to ask regarding the visa application:

1. directions on how to get there:(i'm from pampanga)
PHIL-AXA BLDG. 2501-02
1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
Corner, Tindalo Street
Makati City

2. i will be going to uk for medical purposes. what visa will i apply then? a tourist visa or special visitor for medical treatment (i will undergo a transplant)

3.what specific requirements needed for the visa of choice?

i'll answer question #1:

from north expressway, proceed to edsa until you reach buendia... turn right to buendia until you see makati post office on the right... beside that is AXA building... turn right going to AXA's front door... good luck!

Arthur Little
7th January 2010, 03:51
you can go with her but you can't get inside... you will only be allowed to stay outside the building...

:Erm: ... I've read THIS before a few times, and WOULD'VE had no reason to contradict your statement - were it not for the fact that I WAS allowed to accompany Myrna when she handed over her documents to VFS last January.

Maybe the regulations have been tightened up since then; either that, or I was the *exception to the rule ... although I can't imagine *why!

Doc Alan
7th January 2010, 04:44
no... your fiancee will set an appointment online and she will choose which date and time she prefers to submit the documents... you can go with her but you can't get inside... you will only be allowed to stay outside the building...

Thank you so much for your advice ; I will still accompany her and be prepared not to be allowed inside, but I'm also grateful to note Arthur's reply.

jen28
29th July 2010, 13:03
hello everyone! how much would be the minimum savings of my sponsor for the fiancee visa? :Erm:

dianediane
12th October 2010, 17:56
Hi Skye

First of all i would like to congratulate you. I want to be happy like you aswell. I have brit fiance and we are planning to apply for fiance visa this month. I would like to ask about CFO.

beacuse you stated: "I'd also like to ask about the CFO seminar that I have to attend? They just handed me my documents and didn't tell me anything.". Do you mean the CFO processed your documents?. Im sorry . I just want to get idea. coz my fiance and I are looking for the best OICS registered advisors to help us in our fiance application coz I was refused 3 months ago for my Visit visa in Dubai suspecting my financal status and my employment certificate was false. We didnt appeal coz visit visa doesnt have the full rights to appeal instead we would like to apply for fiance visa now coz we dont like to be far away. my second question: is there any period of time to wait before i apply again. Thanks...God bless you always...

dianediane
12th October 2010, 18:02
Hi Skye

First of all i would like to congratulate you. I want to be happy like you aswell. I have brit fiance and we are planning to apply for fiance visa this month. I would like to ask about CFO.

beacuse you stated: "I'd also like to ask about the CFO seminar that I have to attend? They just handed me my documents and didn't tell me anything.". Do you mean the CFO processed your documents?. Im sorry . I just want to get idea. coz my fiance and I are looking for the best OICS registered advisors to help us in our fiance application coz I was refused 3 months ago in Dubai (i worked there and we applied for Visit visa in U.K)Suspecting my financal status and my employment certificate was false. We didnt appeal coz visit visa doesnt have the full rights to appeal instead we would like to apply for fiance visa now here In the Philippines coz we dont like to be far away. my second question: is there any period of time to wait before i apply again. Thanks...God bless you always...

GIANT
13th October 2010, 00:13
there is no minimum as long as there is money in his accounts to show credit and that hes is not in any debt. a friend had only 1,500 when his wife applied and was accepted. but depends on all information that has been attatched to the application

GIANT
13th October 2010, 00:15
even is old thread i wonder if you still look here skye???

GIANT
13th October 2010, 00:24
firstly cfo dont process all your papers they are just an added form/certificate that is devised by philippine legislation as far as i am aware. you may have trouble as you were refused such a short time. it is best to confirm that you will be allowed to reapply as you may have been refused for entering the uk for 10 yrs as is possible with refusals. best to get him to ask his local CAB bureau. or on the immigration uk site.

Alona
4th November 2011, 05:23
i know this thread is quite old but i am hoping that u will read this skye.my question is can i apply again for a different visa without waiting for 6 months...I been to England twice in a visitor visa...I come home last 20 of october...I am asking because i am doubtful if i need to wait 6 months to apply a fiancee visa...if the docs is ready i dont want to wait for 6 months,if possible i would like to apply immediately after taking the A1 english test,hopefully i can pass...
waiting but not expecting a reply..
tc

andy222
4th November 2011, 06:24
Well done congrats. C.F.O? I have never heard of that. I just spoke to the wife and she never told me about it. I am learning so much from you guys. I will deffinately need your help when the time comes for the spouse visa.

lastlid
4th November 2011, 06:30
Well done congrats. C.F.O? I have never heard of that. I just spoke to the wife and she never told me about it. I am learning so much from you guys. I will deffinately need your help when the time comes for the spouse visa.
Same as me Andy. I had no idea about the CFO. I only found out cos my wife's mates told her. It has to be done but can br best left till after the visa has been issued. It has nothing to do with the UKBA so thats why they don't mention it.

There are a good few threads on it on here.

andy222
4th November 2011, 06:51
To be honest lastlid its doing my head in. Im finding different things out all the time. Driving me crazy.:doh

lastlid
4th November 2011, 07:08
My wife did hers in Manila. But I believe it can be done in Cebu etc. There are two places that it can be done in Manila. My wife did heres at http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/

Your wife will need to do the seminar and get the "sticker" in her passport. Takes about a day for the lot. She will need to know your personal details. Where you live including postcode etc. She will need to present a copy of divorce papers. If they ask for something that she doesnt have then she will have to return with that info. They ask for a photo of the wife and the spouse. There is a small fee (as ever) and some photos are required.

She will not be allowed to fly, even with the visa, unless she has the CFO sticker.

lastlid
4th November 2011, 07:11
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/1300-CFO-Experience/page5?highlight=CFO+Seminar

A long thread but with some usefull stuff on it. My wife did it in 3 trips when one would have been a lot easier.