PDA

View Full Version : Getting a visa for my partner

VanillaPumpkin
26th July 2014, 19:52
Hi everyone

This is my first post and I am just after some advice.

My partner is filipino and I am a UK citizen. We are in a long distance relationship and really want to close the gap. I would love to know what would be the best type of visa for me to apply for to get her to the UK.

I am earning over the financial bracket to bring her over but the only issue is that she is technically still married. We are going through an annulment but this will take some time. Time which I don't want to waste or be apart for any longer.

We have been together for 3 years and I just need some advice.

grahamw48
26th July 2014, 20:57
If she is still legally married, it's a visitor visa (maximum 6 month stay) you'll need to investigate.

If you're intending to visit her in the Philippines, also worth having a look at their adultery laws before getting into any 'compromising' positions. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th July 2014, 21:44
Well Bob, as Graham said the UK visit visa is your short term option in having your partner join you here. Visit visa's can be unpredictable, but the low cost and quick decision time make it worth your best shot.

Based solely on what you've shared here it's not going to be possible to embark on any of the immigration routes that will lead to UK settlement until an annulment is completed.
That's really your joint priority.