PDA

View Full Version : Just Arrived in UK

cherrieclifford
28th July 2014, 21:07
Hello everyone :Wave:
Hope you're all doing fine. :smile:
I just arrived yesterday and I'm loving the weather at the moment. Thank God for a long safe journey. It feels like I'm dreaming up to this point.:biggrin: Now I'm seeking your advice again about those first things that I should do. I read that I need to register with a GP and an NHS dentist and apply for NI number. Now the situation is we will be transferring into another flat. That will be from Havant to Portsmouth. They say it can take 6weeks before we can move there. It will be swapping of flats as my husband wants to be closer to his job and to his family. Can I just apply for NI number first then register with a GP and dentist when we're already in Portsmouth?

Thank you and God bless :smile::smile::smile:

--Alan and Cherrie--

Terpe
28th July 2014, 22:21
A big hello and welcome to UK Cherrie :Jump:

jane2009
28th July 2014, 22:34
Hello everyone :Wave:
Hope you're all doing fine. :smile:
I just arrived yesterday and I'm loving the weather at the moment. Thank God for a long safe journey. It feels like I'm dreaming up to this point.:biggrin: Now I'm seeking your advice again about those first things that I should do. I read that I need to register with a GP and an NHS dentist and apply for NI number. Now the situation is we will be transferring into another flat. That will be from Havant to Portsmouth. They say it can take 6weeks before we can move there. It will be swapping of flats as my husband wants to be closer to his job and to his family. Can I just apply for NI number first then register with a GP and dentist when we're already in Portsmouth?

Thank you and God bless :smile::smile::smile:

--Alan and Cherrie--
Hey!
Welcome to Pompey! Lol
I live just across the ferry! Give me a shout if u need someone to talk!

marksroomspain
28th July 2014, 23:18
Hi Cherrie yes you can apply for NI number straight away and register for GP and dentist if you want immediately then just swap practices when you move, at least then your covered for unforseen emergencies.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
28th July 2014, 23:18
Welcome !:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

You could register for NI straight away, as your location isn't so important to them...then notify change of address later.

Doctor could wait, as you can still receive treatment anywhere until you settle on a surgery near your next home.

Iani
28th July 2014, 23:24
Really quick one, hopefully you won't be faced with this, but we had a right job getting registered at the doctors surgery. The dragon on reception just wouldn't accept the law that we were entitled to register there.

Even when confronted with the evidence, she said "well just this once I'll let you". People on here said I should have reported her to the NHS, but I just didn't want to make a fuss.

Fact is, you are entitled to register and access the NHS, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Welcome to the sunny UK by the way. It's definitely more fun here :wink:

Arthur Little
29th July 2014, 03:12
:welcomex: to the UK :sunshine: Cherrie ... and God Bless you and Alan for a future filled with every happiness. :smile:

Anne2014
29th July 2014, 05:01
Wow! Congratulations Cherrie! :Hellooo:

Looking forward for you to share your experiences in the UK. Hopefully my visa will be granted and will be there soon before the year ends. :smile:

Slip
29th July 2014, 05:22
Welcome.... Hopefully my wife will be here before the year's end...

Enjoy every minute as I'm sure you will

cherrieclifford
29th July 2014, 06:34
Hello to everyone and big THANKS.. :BouncyHappy:

@Terpe:
Thanks bunches Sir Peter :smile:

@jane2009:
Hello Ms. Jane, thanks. can I add you on facebook or whatever SNS u have?

@marksroomspain:
Noted, Sir Mark.. THANKS :smile:

@grahamw48 :
Loads of thanks Sir Graham :smile:

@Iani:
Bless. I hope I'll not experience that.
The weather is lovely at the moment. Its like Baguio. :biggrin: Thanks a lot. :smile:

@Arthur Little:
Thanks, Sir Arthur. That's nice of you as always. :smile:

@Anne2014:
Thanks, Ms. Anne. Feel free to ask any question. When did u lodge your application then? Good luck to you and to your partner. Stay positive, think positive and everything will be ok. :smile:

@Slip:
Thanks. I'm crossing my fingers for you two. :smile: Yes, I'm loving it here just missing my mom a lot but I'll get used to it. :smile:

THANKS
-Alan and Cherrie-

Michael Parnham
29th July 2014, 06:43
At last you've arrived Cherrie, a very warm welcome to the UK.

This is probably the biggest step you will take in your life. 'Embrace it'. For the first couple of years you will notice many differences - and on occasion you will want to return to the Philippines - but as time goes on you will really enjoy living here.

During the last 25 years or so, I have come across many Filipina who will never return to the Philippines to live permanently, they are very content to remain in the UK and just continue to visit relatives on occasion. I sincerely hope that once you have settled in that you have a wonderful future here and on your way through life you will meet some nice people and make many friends, enjoy your journey! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
29th July 2014, 08:38
Really quick one, hopefully you won't be faced with this, but we had a right job getting registered at the doctors surgery. The dragon on reception just wouldn't accept the law that we were entitled to register there.

Even when confronted with the evidence, she said "well just this once I'll let you". People on here said I should have reported her to the NHS, but I just didn't want to make a fuss.

Fact is, you are entitled to register and access the NHS, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Welcome to the sunny UK by the way. It's definitely more fun here :wink:

Hi,
It was happen to me 6 years ago when I was trying to registered to my GP the reception( doesn't aware with this kind of thing). They just says right in to my face I'm not entitled. Was so frustrating we went to job centre and ask a letter to proof that I'm entitle but then they won't accept the letter. It was so hassle we end up told the job centre people to give the surgery a call. Then they said I need to get NI first which I did and give it to them..

cherelyn
29th July 2014, 08:54
Welcome to Uk the weather is nice now but the Winter is cold. You may feel homesick and miss your family, there is no perfect solution, hope you can return to Phil as often as possible. My friends are in Tagana an, Surigao Del Norte, love, Mike.

cherrieclifford
29th July 2014, 10:07
At last you've arrived Cherrie, a very warm welcome to the UK.

This is probably the biggest step you will take in your life. 'Embrace it'. For the first couple of years you will notice many differences - and on occasion you will want to return to the Philippines - but as time goes on you will really enjoy living here.

During the last 25 years or so I have come across many Filipina who will never return to the Philippines to live permanently, they are very content to remain in the UK and just continue to visit relatives on occasion. I sincerely hope that once you have settled in that you have a wonderful future here and on your way through life you will meet some nice people and make many friends, enjoy your journey! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello, Sir Michael. Thanks for the warm welcome. It is really life changing and I hope I can adjust quick enough. I'm loving it here anyway, weather's fine at the moment. :smile: I'm missing my mom and family of course but I'll be ok for sure. Lucky its easy to get in touch nowadays. I'm looking forward to meet nice people here. Thanks so much for your warm wishes. :smile:

Michael Parnham
29th July 2014, 12:10
Hello, Sir Michael. Thanks for the warm welcome. It is really life changing and I hope I can adjust quick enough. I'm loving it here anyway, weather's fine at the moment. :smile: I'm missing my mom and family of course but I'll be ok for sure. Lucky its easy to get in touch nowadays. I'm looking forward to meet nice people here. Thanks so much for your warm wishes. :smile:

You're very welcome! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anne2014
29th July 2014, 12:55
Hello to everyone and big THANKS.. :BouncyHappy:

@Anne2014:
Thanks, Ms. Anne. Feel free to ask any question. When did u lodge your application then? Good luck to you and to your partner. Stay positive, think positive and everything will be ok. :smile:

THANKS
-Alan and Cherrie-
Thanks Cherrie! Just submitted my application 12 days ago. Yes, hearing your success stories boosts my confidence and be more optimistic :biggrin:

sars_notd_virus
29th July 2014, 19:14
Welcome to the hot weather :smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

cherrieclifford
30th July 2014, 07:57
Welcome to Uk the weather is nice now but the Winter is cold. You may feel homesick and miss your family, there is no perfect solution, hope you can return to Phil as often as possible. My friends are in Tagana an, Surigao Del Norte, love, Mike.

thank you Mr. Mike. Oh yh I was expecting it to be very cold for me. brrrr. I hope so but first I should find a job here :). Most of my friends and family were from Cavite and Manila. We are from Surigao. Cheers mate. Takecare :smile:

cherrieclifford
30th July 2014, 07:58
Welcome to the hot weather :smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks. Its a little cold for me during the night time.. :biggrin: oh what more when the winter comes. takecare :smile:

songz777
30th July 2014, 11:28
Thanks. Its a little cold for me during the night time.. :biggrin: oh what more when the winter comes. takecare :smile:

Welcome to England and our summer! This is the warmest time lol wait until the winter Cherrie.

As has been said apply for NI now and the NHS you could indeed wait until you have settled into your new home that way you have the same address on all your documents which will be handy for FLR / ILR later on.

Take care John & Angeline

ashca07
1st August 2014, 07:54
hello sis

im from portsmouth also

i arrived here last saturday

cherrieclifford
1st August 2014, 08:54
Welcome to England and our summer! This is the warmest time lol wait until the winter Cherrie.

As has been said apply for NI now and the NHS you could indeed wait until you have settled into your new home that way you have the same address on all your documents which will be handy for FLR / ILR later on.

Take care John & Angeline

Thanks John and Angeline.:smile: yes the weather is wonderful at the moment. I am not looking forward the winter.lol

My husband already phoned the job centre. We are just waiting for the form now.

Thank you and God bless xx

--Cherrie and Alan

cherrieclifford
1st August 2014, 08:59
hello sis

im from portsmouth also

i arrived here last saturday

Hello there sis..

Wow thats great we can meet up soon then when we already moved. Keep in touch. Xx

Jentobeharrison
1st August 2014, 11:23
Hello, I am happy to know that you already arrived! Can still remember we were here asking for their advices and everything and got really stressed with the waiting game of our visa results, now we are with our loves! :)

question, what is NI? Am I allowed to register for that?

grahamw48
1st August 2014, 12:40
National Insurance. (Our welfare system). Yes you can...and should register. As soon as possible. Ask your local Jobcentre for an application form.

Jentobeharrison
1st August 2014, 17:24
National Insurance. (Our welfare system). Yes you can...and should register. As soon as possible. Ask your local Jobcentre for an application form.

Even if I don't have a job yet? and under fiancee visa?

Baruk
1st August 2014, 18:05
Hi there Cherrie welcome to UK.. I'm a bit confused here about NI, my partner just registered me and daughter to an insurance called BUPA that is his insurance from his work. He just put me and my daughter in, will that serve as NI?

grahamw48
1st August 2014, 19:54
As you're not permitted to work on fiancee visa, then no...until after you're married. (NI)

You ARE entitled to all NHS services though.

grahamw48
1st August 2014, 20:00
Hi there Cherrie, welcome to UK.. I'm a bit confused here about NI, my partner just register me and daughter to an insurance called BUPA that is his insurance from his work. He just put me and my daughter in, will that serve as NI?

BUPA is a private medical insurance scheme...nothing to do with NI.

You and your daughter are also entitled to NHS (National Health Service).

If you are permitted to work, then you need to apply for a NI number from your local jobcentre.

National insurance is concerned with benefits from, and contributions towards the government-run benefit (incl pensions) scheme from your employment or self-employment.

If registered unemployed or in jail, the govt pay the contributions for you. :smile:

Baruk
2nd August 2014, 09:16
BUPA is a private medical insurance scheme...nothing to do with NI.

You and your daughter are also entitled to NHS (National Health Service).

If you are permitted to work, then you need to apply for a NI number from your local jobcentre.

National insurance is concerned with benefits from, and contributions towards the government-run benefit (incl pensions) scheme from your employment or self-employment.

If registered unemployed or in jail, the govt pay the contributions for you. :smile:

Hi there Graham, do I need the NI now? Coz I am on fiancée visa here and about to be married in October. Just need some paperwork while I still have time.

Michael Parnham
2nd August 2014, 10:46
Hi there Graham, do I need the NI now? Coz I am on fiancée visa here and about to be married in October. Just need some paperwork while I still have time.

You'll need your NI in your married name, if you're getting married in Oct apply then! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Baruk
2nd August 2014, 15:54
You'll need your NI in your married name, if you're getting married in Oct apply then! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Michael, how can I apply for one? My partner doesn't have NI as he is working abroad.

mendoza82
2nd August 2014, 17:19
Welcome to the UK Cherrie :Hellooo::smile:

marksroomspain
2nd August 2014, 17:32
Hi Michael, how can I apply for one? My partner doesn't have NI as he is working abroad.

Hi Baruk as soon as you marry go to your local jobcentre and apply for one there.

Good luck.....Mark.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cherrieclifford
2nd August 2014, 21:03
Hello, I am happy to know that you already arrived! Can still remember we were here asking for their advices and everything and got really stressed with the waiting game of our visa results, now we are with our loves! :)

question, what is NI? Am I allowed to register for that?

Hello Jen, thanks. We can never forget those times. :biggrin: All worth it though. tc :smile:

cherrieclifford
2nd August 2014, 21:06
Hi there Cherrie welcome to UK.. I'm a bit confused here about NI, my partner just registered me and daughter to an insurance called BUPA that is his insurance from his work. He just put me and my daughter in, will that serve as NI?

Hello there Baruk. Thanks for the welcome.

And I'm too late reading the replies. Sorry for that.
Thanks for all the answers made by Mr. Graham. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cherrieclifford
2nd August 2014, 21:08
Welcome to the uk cherrie:Hellooo::smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome.. :smile::smile::smile:

Rosie1958
2nd August 2014, 22:24
Welcome to the UK, Cherrie! I do hope that you settle down quickly and enjoy your new life here. I also have family in Portsmouth and visit from time to time too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cherrieclifford
3rd August 2014, 08:07
Welcome to the UK, Cherrie! I do hope that you settle down quickly and enjoy your new life here. I also have family in Portsmouth and visit from time to time too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow. Another one that I can meet soon. I am blessed. :smile: Thanks for the welcome, Ms. Rosie. Yes, I am adjusting good enough. I can go to the shops alone now.. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
3rd August 2014, 10:24

Just call in to your nearest Jobcentre, tell them you would like to apply for a NI number and they will tell you what you have to do, take your passport and proof of address! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ashca07
3rd August 2014, 17:52
cge sis :)

leave me a pm n lang

since di kita mpm x