PDA

View Full Version : Marketing a Philippines Property in the UK?

Anakin
30th July 2014, 12:25
Hi All

A friend of mine is putting his Anilao Beach house up for sale for 28m pesos. It's the Batangas area.

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of a UK agent who markets Filipino properties?

I told him I'd look out for him.

If anyone has tried this and it's been a waste of time I'd also like to hear from you!

Any feedback at all always appreciated. I've also got the prospectus if anyone wants a look. :)

SimonH
30th July 2014, 12:40
28M :yikes: is it a hotel :Erm:

Anakin
30th July 2014, 12:50
it's a big old property, Simon in a prime diving spot. It's categorised into 4 separate buildings, one being a 3 bed caretaker accommodation.

Has a swimming pool and private jetty too.

Because it is pricey I thought an agent over here might take it on for a good commission.

tiger31
30th July 2014, 13:03
It will be hard to sell in that price catagory that,s for sure, it,s way out of budget for many Brits let alone Filipinos

SimonH
30th July 2014, 13:13
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon, but I see the major problem being the rules in the Philippines about foreign ownership.

There is a good business opportunity for someone out there who has the time and expertise to set up an international estate agency to cover this sort of scenario, but as a foreign national you could (I believe) only own 40% of a company.

Something I plan on looking into in a bit more detail once I've achieved the goals I've set myself before moving over there.

fred
31st July 2014, 09:40
I think you are probably wasting your time trying to advertise in the U.K for a property like that.. The agents operating from there (UK) are usually found at British/Filipino Barangay fiestas etc selling cheap house and lot plans.

Your best bet is too put it on here..

http://www.islandsproperties.com/properties/

Pay for their Gold advert plan for maximum exposure and see how it goes..

There are also tons of free advertising Philippine based web sites that you could put it on..

Anyone looking for a property like that will probably end up seeing your ad.. It just takes time..

Good luck.

Anakin
4th August 2014, 19:33
Hi Fred

Thank you for that - that's great I'll try it. :smile:
Sorry for the late reply. Had a hardware malfunction. :doh

Hugely appreciated,
Anakin