View Full Version : Cheese Scones ...

Arthur Little
6th August 2014, 17:00
65p for a pack of 4!

:yeahthat:'s RIGHT!

Mmm ... delicious!
:hubbahubba:

But, :poke: ... be WARNED:

Get down to your local Morrisons double quick (preferably first thing!) :Bolt:... before the greedy old pensioners :oldlady::olddude::oldlady: have the opportunity to snaffle the lot of 'em! :cwm24:

Doc Alan
6th August 2014, 18:34
Thanks for the advice Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

For all members living in Scotland, Alex Salmond insists they're pronounced SKON ; in England it's usually SCONE ( to rhyme with " alone " ) :biggrin:

les_taxi
6th August 2014, 19:22
I have always said SKON to rhyme with Jon

Arthur Little
6th August 2014, 19:31

For all members living in Scotland, Alex Salmond insists they're pronounced SKON ; in England it's usually SCONE ( to rhyme with " alone " ) :biggrin:

Yes, Alan ... as a fellow Scot, you're correct about the (dare I say?) "proper" pronunciation of these bakery products. And - for once, at least - :iagree: with our belligerent First Minister. :Kilt:

Michael Parnham
6th August 2014, 19:59
I've always known them as scones!:Erm:

Arthur Little
6th August 2014, 20:07

"Odah! Another frequently mispronounced word in various forms of :Erm: [predominantly] 'English' accent by a long line of Speakers in the House of Commons whenever they're attempting to restore some semblance of order :xxaction-smiley-047 ...

... always sounds to me, more like "odour"! :readingpapers:

Michael Parnham
6th August 2014, 20:18
:icon_lol:
"Odah! Another word frequently mispronounced in various forms of :Erm: [predominantly] 'English' accent by a long line of Speakers in the House of Commons when they're attempting to restore some semblance of order :xxaction-smiley-047 ...

... always sounds to me, more like "odour"! :readingpapers:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: