PDA

View Full Version : Guidance and counseling in CFO

Eillythiea
8th August 2014, 13:50
Hi guys, it's me again.

I have my visa and next step will be the GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) of CFO. I intend to travel the next day after my appointment in CFO.

How long does it take for the counseling program? Is one day enough to process everything?

Thanks guys :) I have an appointment on the 20th of this month :)

lordna
8th August 2014, 14:33
From what I remember, the CFO Seminar my wife attended was 1 day BUT on a first come first served basis so you need to be there VERY early to make sure you get in. I think it is possible to get the CFO sticker and cert in a day (well it used to be possible). Perhaps others on here can give you details of the situation now as my wife did it 5 years ago now so things may have changed.

Terpe
8th August 2014, 15:09
Hi guys, it's me again.

I have my visa and next step will be the GCP (Guidance and Counseling program) of CFO. I intend to travel the next day after my appointment in CFO. How long does it take for the counseling program? Is one day enough to process everything?

Thanks guys :) I have an appointment on the 20th of this month :)

You have your appointment on the 20th and so should be fine to attend the seminar and receive your 'passport sticker' all at the same time.

I take it you already have a flight ticket for 21st?

Given all the factors that can cause delay it would probably have been safer to allow a couple of days extra in the plan especially for such a key requirement.

CFO does have a desk at the airport for emergency issue of the sticker on the day of depature but you need to book a slot with them so they can be sure to be at the desk. Worth considering if you face any issues

BBQ Princess
8th August 2014, 16:36
It will take 1 day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eillythiea
14th August 2014, 07:37
Thank you so much. I just hope everything will be fine. :smile: