PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking Kulafu

joy_86jm
13th August 2014, 22:14
Hi everybody I'm trying to find somewhere I can buy Kulafu wine for my husband. We've tried searching online and in the local Asian food shops, but so far we've had no luck. If anyone can help, my husband would be eternally grateful.

mendoza82
13th August 2014, 22:23
There's an Indian shop nearby selling Ginebra. :smile: Don't see kulafu there :smile:

Just wanna ask if you don't mind, of all the alcohols, why kulafu??

joy_86jm
13th August 2014, 22:34
My husband was introduced to the stuff by our neighbours in the Philippines and has developed a taste for it. Personally, I find my husband's Kulafu drinking embarrassing. I keep trying to explain to him that's what old men drink.

However, he is very persistent in trying to find the stuff here.

Michael Parnham
14th August 2014, 05:39
It reminds me of my wife telling me I smell like an old man because I recently started using Old Spice aftershave. Never used any aftershave since 1960's and everyone loved the smell then because it was the "in thing"! :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
14th August 2014, 05:45
Get some Brut and splash it all over :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
14th August 2014, 06:15
Get some Brut and splash it all over :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You know Les, never been one for using deodorants for men because I always thought I would get called a Nancy, but the thing I did care mostly about was my teeth and, even though I say it myself, I am very proud of my teeth. Since 1989, I've been having all my dental care done at Charles Clifford University Dental Hospital in Sheffield. Due for another visit next month and looking forward to it because it's all free and the students are great. Maritess is also registered there and in the past two years or so she has had about five visits! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mrsmccann
14th August 2014, 06:41
Hello Joy,

I read your post to my husband and he was laughing to know because he is currently sitting here under the talisay tree having kulafu with pepsi and ice. We are currently in Cebu but we will be flying back to London this Sunday. My husband always brings a litre or 2 with him. He loves kulafu for he never gets the hangover effect the next day - and aside from that, it is medicinal :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
14th August 2014, 09:45
aside from that it is medicinal

You mean it tastes like medicine!
I did try it once just to be polite...Yuk!! Never again.

joy_86jm
21st August 2014, 16:28
Hello Joy,

I read your post to my husband and he was laughing to know because he is currently sitting here under the talisay tree having kulafu with pepsi and ice. We are currently in Cebu but we will be flying back to London this Sunday. My husband always brings a litre or 2 with him. He loves kulafu for he never gets the hangover effect the next day - and aside from that, it is medicinal :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi there Mrs McCann :)
I'm just glad we made your hubby laugh.

Yeah, I heard it is a medicinal wine and that is why many old folks in Philippines are drinking it. By the way, hubby here felt so jealous when he saw your reply.

Just asking: Might someone know where to get one?

Sounds like going back to Philippines is the only answer.

mickmyrna
22nd August 2014, 11:44
Hi everybody I'm trying to find somewhere I can buy Kulafu wine for my husband. We've tried searching online and in the local Asian food shops, but so far we've had no luck. If anyone can help, my husband would be eternally grateful.

Hello there, Vino Kulafu is a Chinese liquor ... one of the favourites of my late brother in-law. My mum takes 1 tablespoon of kulafu when she feels sick - and the others also used it for medicinal purposes like my mum. :)

Did you try to find in a Chinese shop?
Myrna

joy_86jm
30th May 2015, 21:31
Hi Myrna,
I apologise for the very late reply. Yeah we went to Glasgow and Edinburgh to any Asian or Chinese shop but unfortunately can't find one. Easy to find red horse though which he likes as well :-)

joy_86jm
30th May 2015, 22:20
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j400/mineheart1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150131_221940.jpg (http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/mineheart1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150131_221940.jpg.html)

The happiest guy on Earth lol