PDA

View Full Version : Trip to the Phils - Part 98.6

Alan
31st October 2007, 12:40
Hi Guys,

Just had the mother of all thunderstorms here in Valencia.

Now, the rain has stopped and it must be 30 degrees again.

I have to go back to the 'Good Old' UK a week Friday (9th) and I don't want to.

Off to Cebu City tomos to meet even more people from the site.

Why am I writing in short sentences?

Why am I writing this thread?

Why do I not have another San. Mig?

BTW - can anyone beat this for a 'beer deal?' In Valencia - in one of the bars I frequent the most - I get a 500ml Colt 45 for 19 pesos.
Also Barcelona Brandy is 53 pesos a bottle.

I reckon that my liver will not last 2 years out here - but could I give a t**s?

Al. :)

kimmi
31st October 2007, 12:45
hi Prof AL, I am glad that u are enjoying ur stay here in the Phils. well of course u are with ur lovely wife..

but pls do take care of ur liver, its hard to find a perfect match for a transplant..:)

ginapeterb
31st October 2007, 12:58
Alan,

Your making us sick mate,

TW - can anyone beat this for a 'beer deal?' In Valencia - in one of the bars I frequent the most - I get a 500ml Colt 45 for 19 pesos.
Also Barcelona Brandy is 53 pesos a bottle.

I had a few beers with a few contacts in the Duke of Wellington next to Waterloo station, cost me £20.00 for my round, can you imagine that, 1900 pesos for 4 drinks, I know the city is mahal, but geeeeeeze I wish for a few San Migs...and a bottle of Emperador.

eula mackay
31st October 2007, 13:46
san mig light. i am all of a sudden thirsty!

Pepe n Pilar
31st October 2007, 14:30
Hi Allan, good to hear from you again. Enjoy your stay in the Philippines.

Alan
31st October 2007, 14:33
Thanks for your replies everyone - and - Pete - when you are over here again you will be more than welcome to share our house and - of course - a few of those Colt 45s.

Al.:)

cinmickey28
31st October 2007, 15:35
Hello Prof Allan,

So your coming to Cebu tomorrow? It is all thunderstorms as well. Been raining early this afternoon and until tonight the rain never stop. But anyway, have a safe trip to both of you.

Cinmickey

Alan
31st October 2007, 22:28
Thanks Cinmickey for that. Will be staying at Fuente Pension House as usual - for a 'bog standard' Pension House it has a hell of a good reputation. Must admit though, the rooftop bar is great and the food is VERY good. Can't wait for their sizzling chicken again.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

cinmickey28
31st October 2007, 23:31
That is nice Prof Al that you like their food there. We have stayed a hotel somewhere in the city too and my Darling gets Sweet and Sour Pork for dinner as its the only he like. Have a safe trip!