PDA

View Full Version : EEA family permit visa

eddiek
16th August 2014, 20:29
Hi gang,

My wife to be will be coming over on the EEA family permit visa in April/May hopefully.

It came into my head today that it might be mandatory that she has a health insurance policy which will be valid in the UK.

Maybe she needs this before even applying for this visa?

Background to this: If someone is an EEA family permit visa holder, they are not eligible for any free medical treatment..

Needless to say, whether it's a requirement or not, i will arrange health insurance for my wife to be as soon as possible, as she will not be covered in the UK if anything were to happen, or if she became pregnant?

Any feedback on this topic would be great.

Thanks,
ed

Terpe
16th August 2014, 21:40
My feedback is to inform you have the right to exercise a choice between private medical care and the NHS

Under the specific circumstances you previously shared your wife would be outside the NHS charging scheme. Means the NHS would not be able to charge for their services whether emergency or otherwise.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

eddiek
16th August 2014, 22:31
thanks again Terpe, one less worry, should help me sleep a little better tonight.

Thanks mate!

My feedback is to inform you have the right to exercise a choice between private medical care and the NHS

Under the specific circumstances you previously shared your wife would be outside the NHS charging scheme. Means the NHS would not be able to charge for their services whether emergency or otherwise.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: