PDA

View Full Version : New Baby!

jimbo23232
18th August 2014, 09:48
Hi all

To start with a nice announcement that our baby was born 01/08/14 here in the UK - my wife and baby ended up having to spend 9 nights in hospital before coming home but we got there in the end! So in the space of a month we have visa and baby - phew!

Now to reach out for any information to this forum community, I have trawled through old posts and other sites including both Government sites but still non-the-wiser.

I have already registered the birth in the 'normal' way here - so he has a birth certificate.

However I also want to register in the Philippines since his mother is pure Filipino. Firstly does anyone know whether all I need to do is the 'report of birth' form from the Phil Emb. UK site? What else needs doing?

Secondly what implications/consequences does this have ie will the baby be entitled to both passports, dual citizenship etc and what other steps must be taken?

Just when I thought the processes and red tape had stopped eh ;)

Thanks in advance

James

grahamw48
18th August 2014, 10:04
Many congratulations to you both on the birth of your baby. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll let somebody with more recent experience answer your questions.

I had my British-born son 'Recognised' as a Filipino citizen, when he was around 2 years of age. It means he can stay for an unlimited length of time in the Phils without needing a visa. Never felt the need for getting him a Filipino passport though.

SimonH
18th August 2014, 10:21
Can't answer your question but I can add my heartfelt congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Our daughter was born exactly 6 weeks before your baby :smile: Hope mother and child are doing well! Are you the proud father of a son or daughter :Erm:

Michael Parnham
18th August 2014, 10:50
Congratulations to you and your good lady on the arrival of you new family member! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
18th August 2014, 10:51
Congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
18th August 2014, 13:13
Congrats on the endless sleepless nights :biggrin:

Arthur Little
18th August 2014, 14:19
Congratulations BOTH ... on the safe arrival of your :baby1:!

cherrieclifford
19th August 2014, 12:33
Congratulations to both of you.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
19th August 2014, 16:55
Congratulations, but not sure why you would even want a filipino passport if you intend to live in the UK.

proudMummy
28th August 2014, 10:00
Congratulations! To answer your question, you do need to send a Report of Birth form to the Philippine Embassy in London.

You can check the philembassy-uk.org website for requirements and what to do. I did register the birth of my son within the year of birth as they do charge £18 for late registration (after a year). As far as I can remember, I sent his original birth certificate and 4 copies, 4 copies of your wife's passport personal info and back page, 4 copies of completed Report of birth form and a prepaid recorded envelope for them to return your stamped report of birth copy.

Kindly check their website for further requirements.

proudMummy
1st September 2014, 09:20
Thanks for the rep whoever you are! :)

grahamw48
1st September 2014, 09:23
Here's some more, for such a helpful post. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

proudMummy
1st September 2014, 09:37
Here's some more, for such a helpful post. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers! :)