PDA

View Full Version : ALS ice bucket challenge

mendoza82
24th August 2014, 22:51
Has anyone here done or got nominated for the ice bucket challenge?? :smile::smile::smile:

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 02:39
I have a feeling it won't be long :yikes:

tiger31
25th August 2014, 03:52
I think its a good idea for us forum members to do it and post video evidence on here lol

joebloggs
25th August 2014, 07:47
Before Les nominates me, :wink: I'll not do it for the same reasons as Pamela Anderson :NoNo:

On a sadder note, 27yrs old :NoNo:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/20/co-founder-of-ice-bucket-challenge-corey-griffin-drowns-at-the-age-of-27-4840089/

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 09:07
b4 Les nominates me:wink: , I'll not do it for the same reasons as Pamela Anderson :NoNo:

on a sadder note, 27yrs old :NoNo:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/20/co-founder-of-ice-bucket-challenge-corey-griffin-drowns-at-the-age-of-27-4840089/

I would have used a nice blue bucket,with a picture of Maggie on,got a rabbi to bless it,filled it with bit of the wailing wall, and got wayne rooney to tip it on yer head and the rest on a picture of Scargil:icon_lol:
See I bear no Malice:biggrin:

joebloggs
25th August 2014, 09:20
I would have used a nice blue bucket,with a picture of Maggie on,got a rabbi to bless it,filled it with bit of the wailing wall, and got Wayne Rooney to tip it on yer head and the rest on a picture of Scargill :icon_lol:

See? I bear no malice! :biggrin:

Wayne Rooney? :Erm: :doh You've mixed me up with Dedworth :icon_lol:

les_taxi
25th August 2014, 09:32
John Terry then :biggrin:

Jamesey
25th August 2014, 21:31
I've been nominated, and will be doing it tomorrow! :Cuckoo:

But note that it's supposed to be for ALS / MND awareness, even though MacMillan have tried to hijack it!

They're both good causes, but ALS / MND deserves to have some publicity. MacMillan are a huge organisation and are paying for Google Ads. If you type "Ice Bucket Challenge" into Google, a MacMillan ad is at the top! :NoNo:

Abigail
26th August 2014, 12:30
The number Macmillan are giving for you to text donations to gives a reply from MND though so I am not actually sure where the money is going to.

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 12:59
I can tell the nomination is homing in on me as more and more mates have done it!

Terpe
26th August 2014, 13:06
Andrew Tan takes ice bucket challenge

http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/headlines/20140826/AndrewTan-GEN18.jpg

Billionaire industrialist Andrew Tan became the first Filipino tycoon to take the ice bucket challenge yesterday, pouring a pail of ice cold water over his head at his home and promising to donate an unspecified amount in the fight against Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

The Megaworld chairman, in a video, also dared three other businessman to take the challenge: McDonald’s Philippines – Golden Arches Development Corp. president Kenneth Yang, Asian Institute of Management president Steven DeKrey and Accenture Philippines country head Manolito Tayag.

Justice Secretary Leila de Lima said she would take the challenge in her office this afternoon because “it’s for a worthy cause.” Revenue Commissioner Kim Henares promised to do the same at an unspecified date and said she would also donate.

More here..... (http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2014/08/26/1361869/andrew-tan-takes-ice-bucket-challenge)

les_taxi
26th August 2014, 17:30
doFDx31aL0w
Brilliant :icon_lol:

joebloggs
27th August 2014, 19:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNPtDbykp0

les_taxi
27th August 2014, 19:27
This is so wrong for obvious reasons but i did laugh-watch til end.
cgWN3PDUoxE

joebloggs
27th August 2014, 19:39
This is so wrong for obvious reasons but i did laugh-watch til end.
cgWN3PDUoxE

:icon_lol:

les_taxi
27th August 2014, 20:00
I would have liked to see a pic of the rest of the Family - not wanting to typecast of course :biggrin:

Slip
27th August 2014, 21:02
I've been nominated on facebook by a so called friend. So far I have not commented on his call out, nor his private messages! In fact I have been keeping a very low profile.

I won't be doing it either!

raynaputi
27th August 2014, 21:05
I wouldn't be doing it if anyone nominated me. I don't want to join the band wagon. :cwm25: I wonder if all of those who did the challenge donated and did research about what ALS is. :Erm:

mendoza82
28th August 2014, 15:28
My husband done this few days ago. One of his friends nominated him. He hates to do it but still he did, but didn't donate anything :smile:

mendoza82
28th August 2014, 15:30
This is so wrong for obvious reasons but I did laugh - watch till the end.

cgWN3PDUoxE

She's a cute girl but I don't like at her young age she swears fluently

sweet_mazza
28th August 2014, 16:00
I got nominated thru Instagram...but I donated instead.

Arthur Little
28th August 2014, 16:05
Has anyone here done or got nominated for the ice bucket challenge?? :smile::smile::smile:

"Mendoza" similar stunt - even one 102-year-:olddude: I read about on the internet the other day ... :yikes:!

Yes, :iagree: it's for a good cause ... :anerikke: ... but still haven't risen to the challenge. :freezin:

Michael Parnham
28th August 2014, 16:15
She's cute girl but I don't like at her young age she swear fluently:(

Up to my father passing away at 87-years-old, he never heard me swear and I had never heard him swear either. For a child of any age to swear in front of parents is disgusting. The parents don't deserve children if they just laugh at their child swearing. They should be ashamed, because more than likely, the child has heard its parents using bad language. Glad people like that don't live near me! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
28th August 2014, 16:35
Joking aside ... I was nominated - and would do it - because I like a challenge. :biggrin: Alas, I don't have a clue how to make the video.

les_taxi
28th August 2014, 17:01
Up to my father passing away at 87-years-old, he never heard me swear and I had never heard him swear either. For a child of any age to swear in front of parents is disgusting. The parents don't deserve children if they just laugh at their child swearing. They should be ashamed, because more than likely, the child has heard its parents using bad language. Glad people like that don't live near me! :NoNo:

You will find 'em on most council estates - not being a snob, but that's where I pick 'em up from

Slip
28th August 2014, 17:02
Up to my father passing away at 87-years-old, he never heard me swear and I had never heard him swear either. For a child of any age to swear in front of parents is disgusting. The parents don't deserve children if they just laugh at their child swearing. They should be ashamed, because more than likely the child has heard its parents using bad language. Glad people like that don't live near me! :NoNo:

I find it disgusting. I hardly swear and even at 40 years old have never sworn in front of any family member.

You only have to walk around the shops near me and you hear parents effing and blinding in front of their kids. So it doesn't surprise me one bit that video.

les_taxi
28th August 2014, 17:05
Joking aside ... I was nominated - and would do it - because I like a challenge. :biggrin: Alas, I don't have a clue how to make the video.

Just need someone with a smartphone to film it and post it on you tube or facebook :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
28th August 2014, 17:38
Not to sure how to embed a vine video on here, but this is erm..... the best one to date!

https://vine.co/v/MlbTTHppLJT

joebloggs
28th August 2014, 20:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8aNfbOIAp8#t=112

Residents in bombed out Gaza are hoping to draw attention to the terrible conditions in the region with their own version of the ice bucket challenge that uses rubble instead.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/26/rubble-bucket-challenge-hopes-to-draw-attention-to-gaza-conflict-4846783/

les_taxi
28th August 2014, 20:34
Well call me cynical but maybe we can see an Israeli cover himself in Rocket fuel next :doh

joebloggs
28th August 2014, 20:52
Well call me cynical but maybe we can see an Israeli cover himself in Rocket fuel next :doh

I would call you cynical Les :wink: not rocket fuel maybe Palestine blood :NoNo:

:doh Here we go again :NoNo: time to move on :wink:

les_taxi
28th August 2014, 20:55
Yes, I'm not saying any more on this, we are not going to agree on it.

Moved on :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
28th August 2014, 21:04
I saw on TFC earlier some Sky Pilot demanding that none of the money raised gets used for stem cell research and suchlike

mendoza82
29th August 2014, 19:20

Hope you post on here the video I bet everyone in here can't wait to see you doing the ice bucket challenge :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
29th August 2014, 19:26
"Mendoza" similar stunt - even one 102-year-:olddude: I read about on the internet the other day ... :yikes:!

Yes, :iagree: it's for a good cause ... :anerikke: ... but still haven't risen to the challenge. :freezin:

102 year old??? :yikes: You're joking sir...it's your turn sir to do the challenge :smile:

les_taxi
29th August 2014, 19:26
I seem to have got away with it :icon_lol:

mendoza82
29th August 2014, 19:27
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
29th August 2014, 19:29
Just need someone with a smartphone to film it and post it on you tube or facebook :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
29th August 2014, 20:28
... it's your turn sir to do the challenge :smile:

Y'know, it's not that I mind doing it :nono-1-1: ... it's the getting sponsored bit I'm not so keen on, because I'd simply hate asking folk to stump up money afterwards.

les_taxi
29th August 2014, 20:33
Arthur, unless I'm mistaken you only donate about a £5.00 and then nominate a couple of other people.This is done on facebook usually so if you don't use facebook I think you can omit doing it anyway :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
29th August 2014, 21:18
Y'know, it's not that I mind doing it :nono-1-1: ... it's the getting sponsored bit I'm not so keen on, because I'd simply hate asking folk to stump up money afterwards.

I will send you £10 Arthur if you do it, but we need proof and I dont mean one of these :Shower: either

Arthur Little
29th August 2014, 21:55
Arthur, unless I'm mistaken you only donate about a £5.00 and then nominate a couple of other people.This is done on facebook usually so if you don't use facebook I think you can omit doing it anyway :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh right, Les ... I hadn't realised it was that straightforward. :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
29th August 2014, 22:25
I reckon the bucket of water should be poured over Arthur when he's on the computer.

That'll wake him up :icon_lol: :wink:

Arthur Little
29th August 2014, 22:28
I will send you £10 Arthur if you do it, but we need proof and I dont mean one of these :Shower: either

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... :yeahthat:'s definitely more my scene, Steve, but thanks for your kind offer. :smile:

Arthur Little
29th August 2014, 22:47
I reckon the bucket of water should be poured over Arthur when he's on the computer.

:NEW5:

That'll wake him up :icon_lol: :wink:

:cwm24: ................ Eh ... ?

Aha, Jamie :olddude: ... you've surely been reading my thread about nodding off ... !