PDA

View Full Version : CFO procedure

stuartfarm
1st November 2007, 16:14
I’ve spent a frustrating and painful afternoon surfing the net and this forum for an easy explanation of the CFO procedure / requirements.

Mr Admin please forgive me if I’m asking questions that had been asked before, I cant find any info that doesn’t contradict any previous info I have !!!

So here’s what I pieced together from many sources – please correct or update me

You don’t need a CFO for my GF to get a CFO , but you need a CFO to leave the Phills – Right ?

Taking into account my GF and I will be married by this time and have already applied and received her visa - What is the next stage

Attend PDOS at
Peoples Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization
2nd Floor Equitable-PCI Bank Building, 2422 Taft Avenue, Manila

What forms do we require ?
OR

Attend Guidance and Counselling at
Peoples Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization
2nd Floor Equitable-PCI Bank Building, 2422 Taft Avenue, Manila

Is the form to we need ? http://www.cfo.gov.ph/registrationform.pdf

Do I need to attend or is my wife okay to go by here self ?

or do we need both PDOS and C&G ?

The next bit seems a bit clearer , go to CFO office
Citigold Center, 1345 Quirino Avenue corner Osmena Highway Manila Phils

Take
PDOS Certificate and or C&G Certificate ?
Passport
Visa

Any body who has been through this process lately , ie Bringing your Filipino wife to the UK , your advice would be greatly appreciated

aromulus
1st November 2007, 16:53
In our experience...

Your wife will need to attend the seminar for a few hours, before she can be issued with the all important sticker on her passport, to validate her official exit from the Philippines.
The CFO certificate, is a requirement if she needs to change her Surname on her passport, to yours.
It is much easier and cheaper to change the name in the Philippines.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

It seems that you getting too worried about this, chill out.

It is an absolute doddle. It is not an examitation but a seminar. They will be shown a couple of "B" documentaries on wife abuse abroad, they will be given some pep-talk, and lots of info on where to get help. And a couple of booklets
Just make sure that she has xeroxes of all the documents, or she will be asked to pop down the road to make photocopies, the same stuff used for the visa will be more than ample.

When my wife showed them the originals, they jumbled them all up, it took her ages to get them back in order for the Embassy.

Your presence is NOT required.

Sit it out in a bar with a San Mig or two.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck

Tiggers0608
1st November 2007, 21:57
hi, i hope this will help, pls read this thread:

Sticky: THANK YOU- Fiancee Visa Approved!:)
by skye

its more about CFO and what your GF/wife needs to bring and even the address is there:

and tell your Gf/wife its not called PDOS, coz if she say she needs PDOS its a seminar for filipinos who's going to work abroad (unless her visa is for work), she might get the wrong cert and sticker for her passport, coz if that happens the airport immigration will not allow your gf/wife to leave the phils unless she will get the right ones.

Coz if her visa will be fiancee or spouse visa her cert. and sticker should come from SMEF-COW.

Good luck on both of you :BouncyHappy:

kimmi
2nd November 2007, 02:16
very well said sis adel..:)

calm down stuart, everything will be ok with ur fiancee..

stuartfarm
2nd November 2007, 09:57
Thanks everyone for your advice

Got another question

Marriage Guidance and Sexual Health Counselling - does this need to be done in the city we marry or can it be done in Manila and then take cert to Oroquieta. If so where can we do in Manila

More importantly I believe we can use "express" service , ie not attend at all - If anyone knows how to do this plz reply or PM me if you don't want to the world to see

Thanks again

eula mackay
2nd November 2007, 10:07
express service? unheard of. upon registration they will take a photo of your wife which would be used later on for a certificate that they will attach after whe has done the counselling before you get the cfo sticker. she has to attend this seminar and it is a very straight forward one. i dont think theres any other way about it.

aromulus
2nd November 2007, 10:21
"Express service" in the Philippines = Brown envelope...???:Erm:

stuartfarm
2nd November 2007, 10:31
Ok ,

Wasn't sure about express service.

Can anybody answer this question

"Marriage Guidance and Sexual Health Counselling - does this need to be done in the city we marry or can it be done in Manila and then take cert to Oroquieta. If so where can we do in Manila ?"

vbkelly
2nd November 2007, 11:02
Ok ,

Wasn't sure about express service.

"Marriage Guidance and Sexual Health Counselling - does this need to be done in the city we marry or can it be done in Manila and then take cert to Oroquieta. If so where can we do in Manila ?"

marriage guidance counselling you can attend anywhere in oroquieta if they have available schedule before your wedding day

Tiggers0608
2nd November 2007, 22:41

Hi regarding to your post:

Please correct me if im wrong, i think you recently applied for marriage license and the people at the cityhall where you lodge your application told you to have your marriage guidance and sexual health counselling actually theres another 1 its about NSO registration. Means 3 seminars in 1 day, if i can remember it right, its like 1pm to 4-5pm (time frame is regarding where and whom will conduct it of course) sometimes they do have that in the morning (if its available in your area where you submit your application for marriage license)

Sir theres no harm on doing the seminar, it will only take a few hours of you and your GF's day, coz if you do an express service in the phils it will take more money from you lol (hehehe) :Rasp::D

In my experience we took the seminar/counseling in the area where we passed/lodge our application for marriage license.

Hope this info will help you and your gf and regarding to your other post/threads about what to pass to ukvacs for your gf/wife visa application just visit there websites. you will have a list there of all you need.

Good luck to both of you. :BouncyHappy: