PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hungry

irishman12
28th August 2014, 21:55
http://pickyglutton.com/2012/09/28/human-meat-weskerandson-butchers/

I don’t have much time for marketing stunts, but the Wesker and Son pop-up butchers at London’s Smithfield Market piqued my interest. Organised by the publishers of the upcoming Resident Evil 6 video game, Wesker and Son sells meat made to look like human body parts. I managed to sneak in without revealing my identity and also managed to get a look around. Sadly the man on duty wasn’t actually a butcher so he wasn’t able to tell me much about the pork used. Still, Wesker and Son is nothing if not a giggle and is open Friday 28th and Saturday 29th September from 09.00 to 18.00.

One unexpected highlight was the presence of Tongue and Cheek serving up both ox tongue and pork cheek sandwiches, although, sadly, they won’t be present on Friday and Saturday.

The tender ox tongue paired with garlic and chimichurri sauce was good, but the highlight was the moist and very tangy pork cheek accompanied by coleslaw. The pork cheek sandwich is currently available from Tongue and Cheek alongside their excellent burgers, with the ox tongue due to join the menu soon. Well worth seeking out!

Ako Si Jamie
28th August 2014, 22:00
10 out of 10 for creativity, I'll give them that.

irishman12
28th August 2014, 22:03
Saw the video on facebook earlier and thought it was real :omg:!