PDA

View Full Version : What is CFO?

Abigail
4th September 2014, 16:35
I have read quite a few posts about your Filipino partners doing a CFO or getting a CFO sticker before coming here. What is it and what is it needed for? Is this something my husband should have done? :Erm:

raynaputi
4th September 2014, 16:43
CFO stands for Commission on Filipinos Overseas. It's a government agency that promotes the rights, interests and welfare of Filipinos living and working overseas (so they say :cwm25:).

Anyway, for Filipino fiance/e(s) and spouses, they are required to attend the seminar about these rights/welfare that they need to know in living overseas and/or being married to foreigners. And as a proof of having attended the seminar, they will stamp a CFO sticker in the passport. This is required in order to get out of the country. The seminar is now also done for Filipinos married to foreigners who want to get a new passport using their married names.

Based on my experience of this seminar, it's not really needed and just a money making thing for the government. :thumbsdown::icon_lol:

Here's their website if you want to know more about it.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ (http://www.cfo.gov.ph/)

Abigail
5th September 2014, 13:44
Thanks Rayna, I'm a little worried now that because my husband didn't get this will he have a problem when he goes home or anything? He obviously managed to leave the country before ok as he is here but what if we go back for a visit?

Trefor
5th September 2014, 14:44
Abigail - it is for you/Filipino passport holders, it does not apply to your husband.

raynaputi
5th September 2014, 16:13
Abigail - it is for you/Filipino passport holders, it does not apply to your husband.

Abigail's husband is the Filipino. :biggrin:

raynaputi
5th September 2014, 16:19
Thanks Rayna, im a little worried now that because my husband didn't get this will he have a problem when he goes home or anything? He obviously managed to leave the country before ok as he is here but what if we go back for a visit?

If your husband is going overseas as a tourist, CFO sticker is not needed. It's only required for people who will be migrating overseas.

Abigail
8th September 2014, 09:35
He did migrate over here and no one said anything to him about it. It seems a bit strange to me. Surely if he needed it they would have asked him about it when he came here. Oh well, we just have to hope it won't cause a problem when we go back to visit.