PDA

View Full Version : Its got to be a male gene

stevewool
6th September 2014, 19:27
Today I have been busy at my sister's house. Em's been at work all day, so I promised my sister I will put her new fence and gate up.

Well I was round there at just before 7am measuring and looking at what I may need from Wickes,

Post, other pieces of wood and postcrete. The postcrete - what amazing stuff - says it dries in 10 minutes, and it does.

Anyway, what a fantastic job I have done if I say so myself, but here comes the MALE GENE.

All the pieces of offcuts from the wood I thought I will save them, they may come in handy, and I brought them home with me :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:,

I am sure every full body man knows what I am on about

joebloggs
6th September 2014, 20:17
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Use them to botch things the kids break

Have you got a spare 2ft of 2" by 1" Steve? :biggrin: Kids snapped one of the supports jumping on their bed :cwm24:

stevewool
6th September 2014, 20:27
4ft 3" x3" only - but it will last longer, because it's thicker

joebloggs
6th September 2014, 20:34
4ft 3" x3" only - but it will last longer, because it's thicker

:yikes: No, my misses would use that on me :cwm3:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

grahamw48
6th September 2014, 20:35
Aah...I understand perfectly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th September 2014, 21:20

Well I for sure know all about that.

My dad was the same.

When he passed away, it took me a full 2 months to clear the house, the garden, the garage and the loft of all those years of bits and bobs that might come in handy :Cuckoo:

Cost me a :censored: fortune too.

Michael Parnham
7th September 2014, 06:58
My ex destroyed all my stuff - even all the bits and bobs that I had collected during my whole lifetime. One piece of wood that I must have had for 30 years is greatly missed. I used to call it a Duffa because it would always do for anything, used it thousands of times! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
7th September 2014, 09:32
Michael I thought I was bad for being nostalgic. :icon_lol:

If only you'd thought to take a picture of your piece of wood before it was lost forever. :cwm3:

raynaputi
7th September 2014, 10:40
We don't have spare woods and such in the house. Keith has spare coffee machines and so many spare computer stuffs! :omg: :icon_lol:

stevewool
7th September 2014, 10:43
91639164 Funny you say that Michael, the other day in the garden I found this new stick.

He was having a little siesta it seems, so I took these pictures. Does he look like the missing Duffa?

grahamw48
7th September 2014, 11:13
Maybe they'll start one of those 'Long Lost' programmes on the telly...for such former treasured and now sadly missed items. :Erm:

stevewool
7th September 2014, 11:20
Or a Comic. Not Wheres Wally, :NoNo: but Wheres Duffa? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
7th September 2014, 12:08
Hahaha. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
7th September 2014, 12:43
It's funny the stuff we have attachments for and cannot bring ourselves to just dump.

We're now on our 16th Balikabayan Box and still packing stuff that logically we should just throw out :doh

It's a funny old world :wink:

Michael Parnham
7th September 2014, 14:50
91639164 Funny you say that Michael, the other day in the garden i found this new stick.

He was having a little siesta it seems, so I took these pictures. Does he look like the missing Duffa?

No Steve, it was about 9 inches long x 5 inches wide but wedge shaped, similar to a door stop!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
7th September 2014, 15:17
Today I have been busy at my sister's house. Em's been at work all day, so I promised my sister I will put her new fence and gate up.

Well I was round there at just before 7am measuring and looking at what I may need from Wickes,

Post, other pieces of wood and postcrete. The postcrete - what amazing stuff - says it dries in 10 minutes, and it does.

Anyway, what a fantastic job I have done if I say so myself, but here comes the MALE GENE.

All the pieces of offcuts from the wood I thought I will save them, they may come in handy, and I brought them home with me :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:,

I got rid of my 22 year offcut collection when we recently moved house......and ever since then have been regretting it!

stevewool
7th September 2014, 15:24
One of our customers does lots of woodwork and we have to deliver them , and the other day they sent out a full pallet of mahogany lengths.

On top of the pallet they put loads of off cuts to stop anything being put on top of this pallet, they were mahogany wedge shapes - ideal for keeping a door open.

You can guess where they are now!

grahamw48
7th September 2014, 15:39
That's funny them putting an ad for log cabins next to your post. :icon_lol: